**Official Rangers v The Sheep Match Thread**

BlueboyG

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

ofc it is, only dif is football has evolved.  now we have wing forwards who are essentially glorified wingbacks etc.  its 4-5-1 with the emphasis on side midfielders attacking AND covering in defence.  sorry getting too technical now just ignore me

Eh?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, tina-duncan said:

Its probably about as strong a team as I've seen from us in the past couple of years. I'm optimistic but they always have a way of letting me down, so we'll see!

Really?! You wait til Wallace, Alves, Jack, Dorrans and McCrorie are fit, you’re gonna shit yourself! :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Murty spoke a few days ago about Cummings being able to play wide and come inside so maybe he views him as a potential inside forward which makes sense if this is the system we're trying ans use.  

I think this will be interesting, in terms of they system used when Cummings starts. He's not a lazy player, but I don't think he's got the same level of work ethic as Candeias and Murphy, and certainly not the same level of experience when it comes to an appreciation of defensive positioning/responsibilities. So in bigger games.....like tonight or against celtic.....I can see Murty going with a similar side to this evening with a choice of Morelos or Cummings up top. But perhaps against less opposition he might select Cummings over Candeias with less emphasis on defensive responsibility.

I don't think we can read too much into the fact Cummings is on the bench tonight as it's early days, however, it will be interesting to see the selection choices of Murty longer term. If Cummings is playing well and scoring goals will he start the 'big' games......or is he going to find himself on the bench for team mates who will be more disciplined off the ball ?

4 minutes ago, stevotrueblue said:

Just got my VPN sorted out and was about to buy the match on the clubsite ,, but there is no pay per view option,, only a monthly sub,, and it says does not inc live games ??

It's there available outside UK and ROI for £5.99 just got it myself.

Click on RTV at top:tu:

12 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

ofc it is, only dif is football has evolved.  now we have wing forwards who are essentially glorified wingbacks etc.  its 4-5-1 with the emphasis on side midfielders attacking AND covering in defence.  sorry getting too technical now just ignore me

Will do. 

Archived