Rangers Colt team could be in League 2 from next season

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see the point really. Games against the league 2 cloggers (and subsidise them into the bargain), or games against the Bayerns, Liverpools etc. I think we should be collaborating with the bigger clubs from all over Europe instead of the dross of Scotland.

11 minutes ago, sonofbear said:

Don't see the point really. Games against the league 2 cloggers (and subsidise them into the bargain), or games against the Bayerns, Liverpools etc. I think we should be collaborating with the bigger clubs from all over Europe instead of the dross of Scotland.

I imagine it' about competitive football.

Its great for the youth to be player the top tier teams but nothing beats competitive games.

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

They turn over 4 times that of their nearest rival and have a bugger youth budget than most lower league Scottish clubs. No fishing today. 

Is the bugger youth budget for buying rainbow drops and rohyphnol?

I think it's a good idea, but not so happy about giving clubs a guaranteed sum of money every year, just for the privilege.

We would need to be able to move up, and down, the league tables, although no further than the Championship.

I wonder where our home from home could be? Rugby Park? Forthbank? 

Maybe this is why they want a stand built at Auchenhowie, to accommodate the travelling support from League2? ??

2 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Pretty shit that the players can't move between the teams except from transfer windows, would essentially make it harder to move to the first team

The way I read it was that they could go from colt to first team. Its the other way that is stopped, i.e. coming from 1st team down to colts

I'm not against the younger players gaining competitive football experience. Absolute nonsense to not include them in play off matches for promotion or relegation though. High stake games at that level which the youngsters would benefit from. 

Imagine the colt side finishing bottom? Then a "senior" side get relegated in their place? Typical Scottish football.

12 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

The way I read it was that they could go from colt to first team. Its the other way that is stopped, i.e. coming from 1st team down to colts

Aye, that’s right. They will be able to go up to league 1 after the trial period if it’s successful as well.

4 hours ago, Gustav said:

The colt teams involved in the pilot project will also guarantee the purchase of a minimum of 250 tickets for each of its away fixtures at £10 per ticket, going each team, they claim, a £15,000 lift each season.

Elgin away ole ole

Lol did you like elgin away

4 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

With all their best kids out on loan. If they are in a league proper, they won't be loaned out, they will be kept to play the celtic way at their own club. 

The celtic way:megaanguish:

Who are these best kids who are out on loan just now?

Always liked the basis of the idea but from what they've said so far I think a lot needs to be ironed out. Competitive football will always outweigh youth football in terms of development.

Don't like the idea of us being the only ones in that league who have to have set squads, let whoever play for us as it's a colt team, not youth team. Maybe have a rule that we can't take the piss with it i.e. 11 changes of back up first team players.

Teams in the championship downwards would love the colt teams to play as they would bring in much bigger gates than their usual opposition. Not just what a full team away support would bring but locals who support us can see the team every few months.

This can only improve our youth plus improve the standards of lower league football too. Win win in my view but we shouldn't pay the teams for the privilege to play us.