Jump to content

Charity foundation Arran cycle 2018


Recommended Posts

Last year I signed up to the Rangers charity foundation Arran cycle challenge and a lot of good people on here very kindly donated to my just giving page. 

Well It's come round again and this year I've decided to attempt the 72 mile figure of eight route that includes several thousand feet of climbing. The challenge takes place slightly later this year on the 26th May. I think that's because the Summer timetable will be operating, so hopefully we will be able to complete the ride in plenty of time to make the ferry back to the mainland.

I consider this ride to be a huge challenge. Cycling is "my thing" but I'm 56 now, have high blood pressure and suffer from  Asthma as well as COPD!  You can probably guess, this will be tough! 

Every little helps and I would appreciate any donation that can be spared.  My JustGiving page

Thank you all

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blueretro said:

Last year I signed up to the Rangers charity foundation Arran cycle challenge and a lot of good people on here very kindly donated to my just giving page. 

Well It's come round again and this year I've decided to attempt the 72 mile figure of eight route that includes several thousand feet of climbing. The challenge takes place slightly later this year on the 26th May. I think that's because the Summer timetable will be operating, so hopefully we will be able to complete the ride in plenty of time to make the ferry back to the mainland.

I consider this ride to be a huge challenge. Cycling is "my thing" but I'm 56 now, have high blood pressure and suffer from  Asthma as well as COPD!  You can probably guess, this will be tough! 

Every little helps and I would appreciate any donation that can be spared.  My JustGiving page

Thank you all

Well done matey for going for the 72 miles , im doing it again this year but ive heard were going for 55 so il stick with that, its plenty lol 

 

Zetland likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

A Fund Member raising Money for the Fund's 2nd favourite Charity?

Sounds good to me.

I'll pledge a fiver. (I'm not made of money you know!)

Any other Fund Members want to do something similar, they can pledge their donation via me, and I'll sort it all out come the event.  That way we can avoid those pesky justgiving fees.  

If you get enough Fund Members donating, I'm sure the Fund could also give you a wee donation.  :tu:

 

 

 

 

Zetland and blueretro like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, govanblue said:

A Fund Member raising Money for the Fund's 2nd favourite Charity?

Sounds good to me.

I'll pledge a fiver. (I'm not made of money you know!)

Any other Fund Members want to do something similar, they can pledge their donation via me, and I'll sort it all out come the event.  That way we can avoid those pesky justgiving fees.  

If you get enough Fund Members donating, I'm sure the Fund could also give you a wee donation.  :tu:

 

 

 

 

I didn't realise JustGiving had fees but I suppose they need to make money somehow. The thing I like about it is I don't have any contact with the money donated. I just go and do my thing and the money goes straight to the charity. I like the idea of no fees, but if people on here do donate will donations still qualify for gift aid if it's done through you?

Thanks for the pledge, £5 is brilliant. I consider any donation to be very generous!

Link to post
Share on other sites

@blueretro & @Lothianbear

Planning to have another go at the Rangers Charity Foundation Arran Cycle challenge huh?

Well before I donate this year I have a question for you - Did either of you bring back the Arran cheese we requested? GB was particularly enthused about that cheese! :rangers:

BTW, this thread was on page 5. Shame on you both!! ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zetland said:

@blueretro & @Lothianbear

Planning to have another go at the Rangers Charity Foundation Arran Cycle challenge huh?

Well before I donate this year I have a question for you - Did either of you bring back the Arran cheese we requested? GB was particularly enthused about that cheese! :rangers:

BTW, this thread was on page 5. Shame on you both!! ?

Tbh i cant go near that cheese shop, the smell, its like cycling past that meccano set of a stadium in the East end on a match day. 

Zetland likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Zetland said:

@blueretro & @Lothianbear

Planning to have another go at the Rangers Charity Foundation Arran Cycle challenge huh?

Well before I donate this year I have a question for you - Did either of you bring back the Arran cheese we requested? GB was particularly enthused about that cheese! :rangers:

BTW, this thread was on page 5. Shame on you both!! ?

I was planning to but @Lothianbear said he would pick it up! I think the smell knocked him out and by the time he recovered the shop had shut. He was lucky to make the last ferry!

Zetland and Lothianbear like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Lothianbear said:

Tbh i cant go near that cheese shop, the smell, its like cycling past that meccano set of a stadium in the East end on a match day. 

 

3 minutes ago, blueretro said:

I was planning to but @Lothianbear said he would pick it up! I think the smell knocked him out and by the time he recovered the shop had shut. He was lucky to make the last ferry!

Let me think about those responses!! ?

blueretro likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, blueretro said:

Feeling a bit nervous before the game? Give yourself that feel good factor by making a small donation. 

 Rangers charity foundation (Arran cycle)

Sleep well everyone for tomorrow we celebrate! 

Wish I had your confidence about the game.

Donated. Good Luck! :thumbup:

blueretro likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2018 at 01:30, govanblue said:

A Fund Member raising Money for the Fund's 2nd favourite Charity?

Sounds good to me.

I'll pledge a fiver. (I'm not made of money you know!)

Any other Fund Members want to do something similar, they can pledge their donation via me, and I'll sort it all out come the event.  That way we can avoid those pesky justgiving fees.  

If you get enough Fund Members donating, I'm sure the Fund could also give you a wee donation.  :tu:

 

 

 

 

Did we get enough interest from our Fund Members for a wee donation, GB?

@blueretro and @Lothianbear will put in quite a shift today! :rangers:

blueretro likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...