Another shambles from the referee.

Dan Deacon

1 minute ago, KWBear said:

Not evident on

to the point where the commentators questioned themselves that it had been awarded. 

Nah, he pointed immediately, then went off to have a chat with Windass (I assume Windass was bleating for a red card). Probably Windass waving his arms about made people start to doubt if the penalty had been given.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, FSM said:

Nah, he pointed immediately, then went off to have a chat with Windass (I assume Windass was bleating for a red card). Probably Windass waving his arms about made people start to doubt if the penalty had been given.

That's exactly what happened and why there was a wee murmur of confusion.

The ref was clear though.

2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

??? 

to reiterate once again - the opinions I have challenged on this forum are that refs are biased/ have an agenda or such like - they simply do not 

as I replied to Williamson he was too lenient last night especially in the first half 

the knees pass back - I’m fuckin howling at some of the experts on that one ??? 

red card on Morelos - he got it right imho. Red card at the penalty - not for me either 

I’ll repeat - referees are not biased but the current crop are as bad as I can remember. 

I don’t know how many times I have to say this ?

The cynical foul when we were on the break. Why no booking?

Also in first half the ball hit the corner flag and went out for a goal kick but the ref decided it was a throw in. 

Clearly other games not involving us have shite decisions too. They really need to be held accountable and trained to a much higher standard. 

36 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

The rule is that the player has to be back on his feet before being booked Lewis never got back up therefore no booking.

Surely that can’t be right? As I understand it the injured player must be booked before leaving the field of play if a booking is deemed appropriate for the offence.

Just now, TBagalag said:

Surely that can’t be right? As I understand it the injured player must be booked before leaving the field of play if a booking is deemed appropriate for the offence.

Not sure when regards to a proper injury that the player isn't getting up from but in a regular situation the player has to be on his feet before the booking is given.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He did but I think a lot of folk were still looking at the goalie and when they looked over to the Ref he had already put his hand down. 

True, but that's not his fault. Kept it up for a normal amount of time. Was all pretty run of the mill stuff but it seems to be chuck darts at the referee time.

I'm gonna keep sticking up for this wan and say I thought he was quite good overall. Big calls all right and most of the smaller ones right too.

Definitely better than any of the others basterts that I've seen this season.

41 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

The rule is that the player has to be back on his feet before being booked Lewis never got back up therefore no booking.

This is wrong. Players get booked on the ground, but they need to understand that they are being booked which is why in most cases the ref will wait until they are on their feet.

https://sports.stackexchange.com/questions/15366/why-do-referees-wait-for-a-player-to-stand-up-before-booking-them

8 minutes ago, FSM said:

This is wrong. Players get booked on the ground, but they need to understand that they are being booked which is why in most cases the ref will wait until they are on their feet.

https://sports.stackexchange.com/questions/15366/why-do-referees-wait-for-a-player-to-stand-up-before-booking-them

Mm I thought it was a rule and have heard commentators refer to a rule based on that before.

6 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Mm I thought it was a rule and have heard commentators refer to a rule based on that before.

If it was the case a player had to be on his feet before being sanctioned, I would imagine managers would be instructing defenders to feign injury, stay down and get stretchered off if they committed an offence where a second booking or straight red was imminent. 

Just now, geneva_ger said:

I was on last weekend praising one of them for keeping the card in his pocket which is my preference but he is consistently inconsistent and needs to shit or get off the potty.

It was a knee for the passback. 

I thought he called just about every card right. He also got all of the big calls right imo.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It was a knee for the passback. 

I thought he called just about every card right. He also got all of the big calls right imo.

Perhaps, I know that's been discussed at length but being objective, the second sheep yellow in the latter part of the game as an example, was no more a booking than 3 of their earlier tackles on us. Not the worst referee performance but this game apart, he is rank rotten. I understand that the referee will "read the game" and apportion cards as they see fit, perhaps to either clamp down where they think things could get out of hand in games such as Rangers v scum. I think the sheep and hivs are such games and he could have "read the situation" earlier and carded considine as a warning. 

10 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I agree with you the defender should have walked but with what happened to Lewis it was overlooked imo. Could make a complaint to the compliance officer i guess but no point.

And I guess it could be but I doubt it though.

Let me clarify - 

in the summer the rules here were changed. If a player commits a trip outside the box and denies a clear opportunity it can be deemed a red card. However if he has been seen to be at least going for the ball in the penalty (and not a push, pull, handball etc) then it’s now just a yellow. ?

2 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Perhaps, I know that's been discussed at length but being objective, the second sheep yellow in the latter part of the game as an example, was no more a booking than 3 of their earlier tackles on us. Not the worst referee performance but this game apart, he is rank rotten. I understand that the referee will "read the game" and apportion cards as they see fit, perhaps to either clamp down where they think things could get out of hand in games such as Rangers v scum. I think the sheep and hivs are such games and he could have "read the situation" earlier and carded considine as a warning. 

I thought all the big calls were right and he was maybe was a bit lenient on one yellow and a little harsh on another. 

Don't think you can ask much more of a referee than that. Played well I thought. It's Not like Aberdeen's challenges were dangerous the way they have been in other games. Anything he was getting wrong was borderline.

Not saying he's outstanding or anything but I think he's our best ref by a distance now.

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I thought all the big calls were right and he was maybe was a bit lenient on one yellow and a little harsh on another. 

Don't think you can ask much more of a referee than that. Played well I thought. It's Not like Aberdeen's challenges were dangerous the way they have been in other games. Anything he was getting wrong was borderline.

Not saying he's outstanding or anything but I think he's our best ref by a distance now.

:tu: He got lucky

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

True, but that's not his fault. Kept it up for a normal amount of time. Was all pretty run of the mill stuff but it seems to be chuck darts at the referee time.

I'm gonna keep sticking up for this wan and say I thought he was quite good overall. Big calls all right and most of the smaller ones right too.

Definitely better than any of the others basterts that I've seen this season.

I thought he was terrible, never stamped is authority on the game and let Aberdeen away with countless little cynical fouls all game.