Steve Clarke

Copland bear

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Look he is worth what it takes to get him. 

I agree but I think Killie would be difficult to deal with and Clarke strikes me as the kind of guy who would want to stay where he is till the end of the season, but as the saying goes, “ you dont get if you dont ask “ meanwhile our board were all caught up in the McIness debacle. Smoke and Mirrors.

1 hour ago, Zappa6995 said:

I agree but I think Killie would be difficult to deal with and Clarke strikes me as the kind of guy who would want to stay where he is till the end of the season, but as the saying goes, “ you dont get if you dont ask “ meanwhile our board were all caught up im the McIness debacle. Smoke and Mirrors.

He will want to get here as soon as possible for next season I feel he wanted the job, the problemis compo as it would be anywhere between £500k and £1m and King has  short arms and long pockets.  

But we the fans must demand they make it happen as it's getting near season ticket renewals when the board suck up our arses for a month or so 

What people forget is Clarke, and you could include mcinness and a long list of managers here, is an actual club manager.  We are going down the route of a 1st team coach and a lot of managers won't want to work in those circumstances under a director of football. 

I think that setup may hamper us when we eventually go looking for a new guy. 

Still reckon Clarke would be the best man for us 

7 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

We could easily try get him on a contract agreement to take over once the seasons finished.

Will King do that? I highly doubt it.

He is right on our bloody door step as well and we are searching the globe. Just buy the naming rights to  the Killie pie and do a straight swap ?

33 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

He ruled himself out in a press conference before one of their games.

I think he's happy at Killie just now with the job he's doing. Like you say we should go for him again at the end of the season but we won't get him before that.

I’m happy in my job but if some came along and said hello we’d like to quadruple your wages and provide you with resources you can only dream of now I wouldn’t even wait to say goodbye to my current employers

32 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

He was asked if he was interested in the Rangers job & he said no. Could easily have deflected the question I don't think we'll get him before the end of the season.

Was that around the same time we pissed them off with a derisory offer for one of their players?

If our board are scouring the globe to find a new manager, and working out how to find the funds to pay and back this guy then I'm sure there's better we could get.

Given that's on the whole unlikely, especially given our last decade history in identifying what a manager is, id not be against us going for Clarke. 

Watched the first half of their game yesterday and they were superbly well organised. He gets a better than average team performance from average players. And his record here is very good to date.

Don't see it happening though..

9 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

He is right on our bloody door step as well and we are searching the globe. Just buy the naming rights to  the Killie pie and do a straight swap ?

If only it was that easy.

3 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

I’m happy in my job but if some came along and said hello we’d like to quadruple your wages and provide you with resources you can only dream of now I wouldn’t even wait to say goodbye to my current employers

Very true, he's a Killie fan though & the way he probably see's it is that they offered him a chance to get back into management & doesn't want to jump ship after only a few months.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If our board are scouring the globe to find a new manager, and working out how to find the funds to pay and back this guy then I'm sure there's better we could get.

Given that's on the whole unlikely, especially given our last decade history in identifying what a manager is, id not be against us going for Clarke. 

Watched the first half of their game yesterday and they were superbly well organised. He gets a better than average team performance from average players. And his record here is very good to date.

Don't see it happening though..

His record down south also was good. Got the sack for no bloody reason 

38 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

If we paid £400k for Pedro then he is worth £500k easily, time for King and he 3 bears to stump up or fuck off as enough is enough with them after Pedro. 

I wouldn't be using Pedro as a yardstick for what we should and shouldn't be spending 

Just now, King_gazza said:

If only it was that easy.

Very true, he's a Killie fan though & the way he probably see's it is that they offered him a chance to get back into management & doesn't want to jump ship after only a few months.

If Killie pocket £1m then he has done his part for them. £1m is a lot of money to a little club like Kilmarnock. 

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

I wouldn't be using Pedro as a yardstick for what we should and shouldn't be spending 

I'm just saying the board where happy to target Pedro and Pedro only and pay £400k when we were all saying Pedro fucking who? 

King needs to get his cheque book out now as if we lose out on Steve Clarke then the board need chased from Ibrox 

5 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Far too good ?he not been sacked every job he's had ??

He did well in the premiership and fans of all teams where shocked when he got sacked as he was doing a great job, maybe he was not foreign enough for them and we have seen many a foriengn manager fail with a lower English premiership team. 

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

He did well in the premiership and fans of all teams where shocked when he got sacked as he was doing a great job, maybe he was not foreign enough for them and we have seen many a foriengn manager fail with a lower English premiership team. 

Are you his agent , the guy is up here cause he was shite down there and nobody was going to give him a job. Sure he's having a run of good games but that won't last. He's also turned us down and i can guarantee if the taigs sack their manager this prick would run to Parkhead for the job.