Steve Clarke

Copland bear

11 hours ago, jamess said:

I think its because we have an average manager.  We know the players can up their game,  so whats the missing link? - a good manager that keeps the team being the best sum of its parts achivable.  I think Murty's main failing is keeping faith with players he rates,  regardless of their form.

The manager isn't everything. 

The players can up their game because they're decent, nothing more. We don't have an Amoruso, Moore, Davis, Mendes, Jelavic, Naismith, who's level was consistently high (they lost games too, but nowhere near as many because of their higher quality - and that was much more to do with them than the manager).   The reason most of the current lot can't sustain it game in/game out is because many of them are average players who are inconsistent and make more mistakes than good players.  Good players show a level of consistency that keeps them at a level, our average players don't.  There's a reason why we can sign guys that can't quite cut it in lower level EPL and English Championship...they're not good enough and it's as much as we can afford.  God knows why people expect them to come to Rangers and be winners then blame the manager when they're not.  

The manager (any manager) of Rangers needs backing to ensure we're serious challengers, throwing baubles at average players who can't quite cut it in bigger leagues isn't going to work.  Mourinho would struggle to get consistency out of our current lot, and the resources we have.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

So no examples then nah? 

What's who they will go for got to do with our next manager? I assume you mean Clarke so that makes him one of them? 

It's easy to say you don't want a job which hasn't been offered to you. He's at a Kilmarnock press conference he's hardly going to express interest in a job which he's not even been mentioned for.

Do I want one of them in charge of us? no. Yet to see some solid proof that he is one of them though.

You are either fuckin stupid or just gullible , do you honestly think if his team made an offer to speak to him tomorrow he would say no , because he's the Kilmarnock manager ?

The last thing the team needs is another taig at the club. I still think the reason McInnes never took it was because he knew his whole taig backroom staff couldn't come or they refused to come.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

You are either fuckin stupid or just gullible , do you honestly think if his team made an offer to speak to him tomorrow he would say no , because he's the Kilmarnock manager ?

The last thing the team needs is another taig at the club. I still think the reason McInnes never took it was because he knew his whole taig backroom staff couldn't come or they refused to come.

And I'm the one who's stupid or gullible?

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Again, any examples of this?

Not saying he's not but everything I've seen in the media all claims he's a Kilmarnock fan.

Let us review the evidence

nephew of Jim Clarke ex shellik 

Attended StMicks, Kilwinning 

failed to land “his dream job” when linked with the managers job at that lot

Spotted at Aldo’s chippy with a fish supper most Friday’s

and cut about Saltcoats as a boy in full regalia  

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Is that really the best you can do fuckwit ?

Who's the one on here hoping we have a taig manager ?

As I said previously I'm not saying he's not one but everything I've seen points to him being a Killie fan. Looking for some confirmation instead of gibbering nonsense like yourself.

Hahah coming from you who thinks McInnes turned down a job at his boyhood heros because of his backroom staff? Ironic.

17 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Let us review the evidence

nephew of Jim Clarke ex shellik 

Attended StMicks, Kilwinning 

failed to land “his dream job” when linked with the managers job at that lot

Spotted at Aldo’s chippy with a fish supper most Friday’s

and cut about Saltcoats as a boy in full regalia  

From what I seen the 'dream job' shout comes from a DR interview with Tony Fitzpatrick nothing from SC himself.

Not wanting to come across as i'm defending him here because I've no idea whether he is or isn't. Just curious as to the rumours of him being one, something that I long believed myself.

2 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

From what I seen the 'dream job' shout comes from a DR interview with Tony Fitzpatrick nothing from SC himself.

Not wanting to come across as i'm defending him here because I've no idea whether he is or isn't. Just curious as to the rumours of him being one, something that I long believed myself.

Trust me, he’s shellik daft 

5 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Definitely is. Do a google search, you wont find him saying he hates Rangers, but there will be ex colleagues and team mates like Nigel Spackman refer to him being a rhodent.