Warburton on his signings

RedWhiteBlue1872

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't know why the fuck he's got anything to say on us, or why his opinion is even being asked. He made some good signings, but more bad.

The team/squad have evolved, just like at any other club, for good or bad. 

He is now two managers away from it, so better he keep quiet and we move on.

7 hours ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

Warburton has piped up in The Sun claiming his signings on a shoestring budget have laid the foundations for our recent upturn in success. I have copied the quotes over.

Interesting to see the figures:-

He told the Scottish Sun: “I’m not being arrogant about this. It’s the last thing I’d be.

“But, yes, I’m very satisfied at seeing a number of the boys we brought to the club still being important players for Rangers.

“I’m certainly not surprised by the impact of Wes, Tav and Josh. I’m delighted for them

“Bates, Wilson, Holt, Halliday — who I’m glad to see back in the squad — are other players we signed.

“Some guys come in and hit the ground running, like Foderingham and Tavernier, while others take more time.

“Young players, especially, need that time.

“Frank McParland signed Josh and Matt Crooks, two talented players, and also Jordan Rossiter who has been so unfortunate with injuries.

“But I’ve no doubts once he’s fully fit Jordan will make an impact for Rangers.

“Josh is earning rave reviews and has added goals to his game. But, trust me, he’s still got loads more development in him.

“Tav is a more mature player, as is Wes, and they’re showing their quality and consistency.

Warburton highlighted the growth of Windass, who is thriving this season with 12 goals in all competitons.

He added; “Frank made me and David Weir very aware of Josh and Matt. For various reasons it didn’t work out for Matt and I was sorry about that.

“Josh, though, is flourishing now and he has become a very valuable asset for Rangers.

“I trusted Frank’s judgment on him implicitly.

“We saw Josh and immediately liked him. He’s got power, pace and an eye for goal.

“He’s got lots of learning to do, with and without the ball. He’s far from the finished article but everyone is now seeing how good Josh can be.

“He didn’t always play for me at the start, but he needed the chance to settle into life at a massive club.

“Josh is fortunate in having top professionals to learn from at Rangers — Niko Kranjcar, Kenny Miller, Lee Wallace.

“If he screws up, they’ll tell him in no uncertain terms.

“If Rangers want to, they’ll be able to make a good sum of money on Windass, Tav and Foderingham.

“I took Wes to the club on a free, Danny Wilson came on a free, Tav cost £200,000 or so, Martyn Waghorn cost £60,000, Joe Garner cost the most at £1.4million but they got most of that back.

Matt Crooks was one signing who failed to make an impact

“Windass and Crooks, total, was about £200,000.”

“Holty cost just £60,000, he’s now captain of Rangers, and Andy Halliday just bleeds blue and white.

“Danny Wilson’s a good pro. Good luck to him in America.

“Funds were limited and I think our overall spend was £2.9m. Bear in mind also that on our first day of training we only had nine players.

“But we had good recruitment overall and it’s satisfying to see so many still delivering well for Rangers.”

To be honest i know he wasn't the greatest manager and a lot of these guys are probably not good enough but the dealings for Wes, Tav and Windass are looking very good business considering what we paid.

So he's boasting about the players who finished 3rd last season, will likely finish 3rd this season and have proven themselves time and again I'll equipped to deal with playing for Rangers. 

When supporters talk about "Tav" and "Wes" and Windass it's like they forget these guys have been mainstays in a Rangers team that's lost at home to St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Hibs, etc. 

Not good enough. I wouldn't be sorry to see any of them leave. Nobody in our squad is currently indespenisble. 

4 minutes ago, Beaujolais said:

Warburton used Rangers to get himself noticed down south and was quick to move when the Nottingham Forrest job became available. He is now  jobless and once again wants to use the Rangers name to get himself some free publicity. 

Exactly this. It is amazing how many people just love talking about us. The scum....constantly given any opportunity. Warburton now that he's jobless. Danny Wilson as soon as he's left....shall I give an interview about my new club....no i'll talk entirely about Rangers. Truth is we are by far the biggest club any of them will get near and they simply didn't grasp the opportunity and priviledge they were given. 

44 minutes ago, Beaujolais said:

Warburton used Rangers to get himself noticed down south and was quick to move when the Nottingham Forrest job became available. He is now  jobless and once again wants to use the Rangers name to get himself some free publicity. 

Nah. Taking Brentford through league one to a near championship play off final having won various accolades along the way did that. 

He came up here because of Davie Weir and fucked off toot sweet when he realised managing a world famous world record breaking club was way above his station. 

59 minutes ago, Beaujolais said:

He thought he was a guy from the Big Smoke going to a country he thought he could Lord over until Spurs came to get him, he thought he was bigger and more important than Rangers and still does

15 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Dom Ball was fucking mince, had a good game in the semi but was a really poor player apart from that.

Never understood why some of our fans thought he was any decent. 

He was brought as a centre half who ended up playing def mid because he was absolutely shite at CH.

7 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

He was brought as a centre half who ended up playing def mid because he was absolutely shite at CH.

Absolutely shite is well harsh. He was OK ... not Rangers-class long term but did well in a couple of games but the fact he couldn't get games for Rotherham now Aberdeen says it all. Didn't dislike the guy, thought he was OK in some games but again like so many of Warburton's signings we needed a massive upgrade on him.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Absolutely shite is well harsh. He was OK ... not Rangers-class long term but did well in a couple of games but the fact he couldn't get games for Rotherham now Aberdeen says it all. Didn't dislike the guy, thought he was OK in some games but again like so many of Warburton's signings we needed a massive upgrade on him.

Possibly, my last memory of him at centre half Falkirk away, he was awful.

I think it was 3-3 or 3-2 we won, safe to say he didn't start at CH again. 

31 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

He done ok in DM but only ok, was a very limited player but the intensity of the cup semi suited him as he liked the physical side to the game.

Couldn't get a game at centre half before Keirnan and that says it all about his ability to play back there.

The game away to Falkirk, where we blew a 2 goal lead to get beat 3-2, he was very poor.

An absolute imposter of a football manager.  His footballing ideals are admirable but are totally at odds with the tactical structures, stability and pragmatism required to succeed at all but the very wealthy handful of clubs in world football.  He has some cheek raising his head above the parapet, especially so soon after being given the boot by two clubs.  He has been found out and he knows it. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

How is Foderingham a liability? 

Where do I start 

Shaky when the balls passed back to him, terrible distribution, rarely successfully comes to claim a cross/corner

Hes prone to palming the ball back into the danger area rather than wide or over the bar and anytime the opposition hits a shot that's not right at him I feel like there's an 80% chance it'll go in. 

If this guy was a Rangers goalie 6/7 years ago there'd be uproar, shows how far our standards have dropped

Give Kelly a chance 

2 minutes ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

Where do I start 

Shaky when the balls passed back to him, terrible distribution, rarely successfully comes to claim a cross/corner

Hes prone to palming the ball back into the danger area rather than wide or over the bar and anytime the opposition hits a shot that's not right at him I feel like there's an 80% chance it'll go in. 

If this guy was a Rangers goalie 6/7 years ago there'd be uproar, shows how far our standards have dropped

Give Kelly a chance 

Ye fucked it :lol: