Interesting Comments From Murty After Yesterday's Game

BridgeIsBlue

1:26

“I said at half time, the front four are winning the game, so let’s play from a better structure. I thought Greg Docherty was far better in the second half, but he needs to tidy up with the ball.

“And, low and behold, we get five goals, we get carried away and think we will just keep going and attack from anywhere.

“With five minutes to go, I have nearly eight people in their half attacking, and it’s not on. It’s not professional, it’s not respectful to our opponent and it’s not the way I will operate."

Forgive me if I'm reading that the wrong way, but this is alluding to something I've been saying all season and it is that we show teams in this country far too much respect where it is not warranted. 

Eighteen minutes to go we were winning 5-2 and should've been on the hunt for more goals, but he doesn't freshen things up with subs until the last ten minutes, then says that in his post match interview... 

That respect patter can honestly take a flying focus to itself, put teams to the sword and batter them when we're able to, should've scored at least seven or eight yesterday but in Murty's eyes that wouldn't have been professional supposedly. 

Like I said I hope I'm looking at it wrong but if he genuinely thinks that then it's a bit worrying tbh. 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

“I said at half time, the front four are winning the game, so let’s play from a better structure. I thought Greg Docherty was far better in the second half, but he needs to tidy up with the ball.

“And, low and behold, we get five goals, we get carried away and think we will just keep going and attack from anywhere.

“With five minutes to go, I have nearly eight people in their half attacking, and it’s not on. It’s not professional, it’s not respectful to our opponent and it’s not the way I will operate."

Forgive me if I'm reading that the wrong way, but this is alluding to something I've been saying all season and it is that we show teams in this country far too much respect where it is not warranted. 

Eighteen minutes to go we were winning 5-2 and should've been on the hunt for more goals, but he doesn't freshen things up with subs until the last ten minutes, then says that in his post match interview... 

That respect patter can honestly take a flying focus to itself, put teams to the sword and batter them when we're able to, should've scored at least seven or eight yesterday but in Murty's eyes that wouldn't have been professional supposedly. 

Like I said I hope I'm looking at it wrong but if he genuinely thinks that then it's a bit worrying tbh. 

Doesny work like that, Eric.

Sadly he's getting into the dignified pish that all Rangers managers seem to inherit ... it was a pet hate of mine when Smith was the manager too the respect shown to others.

Strange comment from him.

I will say that in spite of that comment he has a bit of a point regarding 8 in the Hamilton half attacking when we were 5-2 ... coupled with Docherty's passing (that he mentioned) we could run a risk of over-commiting when we don't have to and risk being exposed and them getting right back into the game. Maybe that's being overly cautious but I can see the rationale behind it. 

But yes the respect patter is a lot of pish. We should respect no-cunt in Scottish football ... if he doesn't want 8 men in their half attacking for a legitimate football reason like I mentioned that's cool but not because of respecting an opponent so much you don't want to hurt them.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Sadly he's getting into the dignified pish that all Rangers managers seem to inherit ... it was a pet hate of mine when Smith was the manager too the respect shown to others.

Strange comment from him.

I will say that in spite of that comment he has a bit of a point regarding 8 in the Hamilton half attacking when we were 5-2 ... coupled with Docherty's passing (that he mentioned) we could run a risk of over-commiting when we don't have to and risk being exposed and them getting right back into the game. Maybe that's being overly cautious but I can see the rationale behind it. 

But yes the respect patter is a lot of pish. We should respect no-cunt in Scottish football ... if he doesn't want 8 men in their half attacking for a legitimate football reason like I mentioned that's cool but not because of respecting an opponent so much you don't want to hurt them.

Same with that daft message they put out over the speakers before games at Ibrox. 

"Rangers promote friendship throughout football" etc. 

Sickening :megaanguish:

The whole thing is confusing.  Is he pissed off because 8 Rangers players were in the Hamilton half attacking with 5mins to go?  Would he rather the team sat back and defended the lead?  What has any of this got to do with disrespecting Hamilton?

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Same with that daft message they put out over the speakers before games at Ibrox. 

We don't though. 

it's all well and good the club saying shite like that but at the end of the day the support don't really promote friendship with other clubs support :lol:

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I'll be honest (and I'll get slagged) but sometimes I genuinely hate going to Ibrox. I love supporting the team but the match day experience I just don't enjoy myself ... faggy fan zones, that message on the speakers, shite teams bossing us and bullying us on the park, grassing hotlines, no atmosphere and whatever atmosphere there is it's really cringey wee songs like Jason Holt and Andy Halliday etc.

Away games are great but Ibrox is just like the ultimate chore.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I'll be honest (and I'll get slagged) but sometimes I genuinely hate going to Ibrox. I love supporting the team but the match day experience I just don't enjoy myself ... faggy fan zones, that message on the speakers, shite teams bossing us and bullying us on the park, grassing hotlines, no atmosphere and whatever atmosphere there is it's really cringey wee songs like Jason Holt and Andy Halliday etc.

Sit near to me at Ibrox and you won't get bored, deafened maybe but not bored.

I don't agree about showing respect but I think he's right when he says it's unprofessional, yes we need to make sure we put teams to the sword and go for more goals but equally players still need to perform their duties as if the game was 1-0. It's habit forming and the sign of a good, dominant side. See Man City. 

It's not Sunday League where everyone can go roaming forward without one eye on their defensive role, which is what he's highlighting here - professional teams should play at the same level and discipline whether it's 1-0, 3-0 or 8-0. 

Fuck the respect thing though, we've not been shown one iota of it in the last 6/7 years. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Goal songs are brutal as well, fucking bits and pieces :lol: 

But for one short line of 6 words (which is the kind of comment that people are very sensitive to these days but I wouldn't get too hung up on because I don't think that's the crux of his beef) I can see where he's coming from and I like the intention.

We were very loose at times and that could kill us in the future and has done in the past. It's a good thing to keep banging his drum about with this group. I think he's quite rightly trying to make sure people don't forget about things they need to be working on and never to let good habits waver.

The respect pish is utter nonsense but I can see his point 8 of them are not going to put the ball in the net, I think he was meaning they need to show more discipline and game savvy because we have lost a load of goals by piling forward and getting caught on the quick counter has happened to many times and needs nipped in the bud. 

Can get away with it when you have rattled in 5 but in the tighter games it costs you points.

17 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He hasn't said anything of the sort, he's not talking about not scoring as many as we can, he's talking about being professional regardless for the scoreline. We shouldn't have conceded another goal yesterday, regardless of whether it's a penalty or not they shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.  

1 minute ago, Boaby Bear said:

The respect pish is utter nonsense but I can see his point 8 of them are not going to put the ball in the net, I think he was meaning they need to show more discipline and game savvy because we have lost a load of goals by piling forward and getting caught on the quick counter has happened to many times and needs nipped in the bud. 

Can get away with it when you have rattled in 5 but in the tighter games it costs you points.

Exactly. It's been a habit of our play for nearly 3 seasons, being caught on the counter is how we concede the majority of our goals. Need to stop it happening regardless of how many we're leading by. 

Na forget that man. I want us to murder teams on the pitch in every single game, I don’t give a fuck who they are. 

There shouldn’t be an ounce of respect shown towards one team in this league, absolutely none whatsoever so that comment has annoyed me a bit