Interesting Comments From Murty After Yesterday's Game

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

What clubs showed Rangers any respect in 2012 ??    What clubs show Rangers any respect now ??

I'd keep Murty away from the cameras and microphones.   Mind you I'd keep him away from the manager's office as well.

To be fair JCD, Hamilton were very respectful during the negotiations with Greg Docherty. However, very very few clubs and leading officials showed us and respect and especially with some clubs we should never ever hand an olive branch out.

On Murty's comments - i have no problem with his persona and words in public. So long as he is more ruthless and aggressive behjnd closed doors. Smith (who again is getting questioned?????) was definitely like that. If you doubt that speak to Kevin Thomson. He will keep you right! 

Just now, Big Al II said:

Unprofessional that everyone is bombing forward leaving us open to being hit on the break when we are cruising.

Disrespectful is a nonsense statement, although don't think he means he didn't want to win 8-2 instead of 5-3. Not actually sure what he meant.

Could he simply have meant it was disrespectful to lose our shape and chase forward? Not his most eloquent statement but negatively analysed on here.

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

:lol:

When you put the disrespectful part in the context of what he's said, he's not saying we shouldn't be humping teams, he's saying its disrespectful of us to assume that just because we're 3 goals up we can just throw caution to the wind because Hamilton were more than capable of pegging us back.

mate, it was 5-2. Fuck sake someone would have had to mown down the team with an M134 Minigun for Hamilton to get something from that game.

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

:lol:

When you put the disrespectful part in the context of what he's said, he's not saying we shouldn't be humping teams, he's saying its disrespectful of us to assume that just because we're 3 goals up we can just throw caution to the wind because Hamilton were more than capable of pegging us back.

You can just fuck right back to FF with sensible comments like that :lol:

Seriously though , Our players have been caught out so often by being gung ho and charging forward without giving due regard to getting caught short . The defeat to accies at home being a case in point , Templeton scored after 48 minutes and we proceeded to throw caution to the wind when attacking as though it was the 88th minute , resulting in the conceding of the second sucker punch . It does no harm to remind the players of these shortcomings IMO .

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Cunt of a comment. End of.

You’re at it, or just thick.

It is clear he means respecting the ability of teams and the fact that they can hurt us if we lose our discipline (e.g. 8 guys ahead of the ball). Which is exactly what happened.

It is in no way saying giving a team a pumping is disrespectful. 

2 hours ago, Biggarbear said:

I think what he was meaning was that we had lost all our shape and were acting like it was a free for all. We could have been cought out with 8 guys up the park.

Someone actually gets it!!

He's meaning football respect, not respect as in you tip your bunnet every time you see them. 

People used to rip right into Warburton for playing with two defenders, that's all Murty is saying here. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

So because we commit players that automatically means we will concede goals? That's not how football works!

If you have 8 players in the opposition half during a period when they’re chasing the game, then you are more likely to be punished on the counter attack. I cannot understand for the life of me why people are playing dumb to that obvious fact.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Would rather have 8 players in the opposition half when 3 up looking to score more goals than sitting 10 in our own half to hold onto a 3 goal lead. It's pretty simple and nothing dumb about it...

If by simple you mean tactically naive then sure. Let’s keep that up. See if we can repeat Warburton’s tenure here. That strategy worked out great.

50 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

mate, it was 5-2. Fuck sake someone would have had to mown down the team with an M134 Minigun for Hamilton to get something from that game.

The way we were defending? Aye ok. You seriously think he meant it would disrespecful of us to have scored more goals?

36 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

If you have 8 players in the opposition half during a period when they’re chasing the game, then you are more likely to be punished on the counter attack. I cannot understand for the life of me why people are playing dumb to that obvious fact.

That fine ifs its a close game, it was 5-2.