Elise Christie

18 minutes ago, miracle said:

Really can't understand the appeal.  Who looks at a sport where you get a broom and sweep like fuck and thinks 'that looks like fun, I'd like to take part in that.'?

Slightly off topic here mate, Day off work today so was in Glasgow for a few hours with the girlfriend and was having a drink in The auctioneers, Curling was on the telly and the girlfriend suddenly says her gran and grandad used to play it but they played the indoor version, When I pointed out that what was on the telly was indoors she says aye but the version they played wasn't on ice, Me looking a bit confused I asked do you mean indoor bowls, Oh aye I think it might have been???? Honest to fuck, couldn't make it up

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Slightly off topic here mate, Day off work today so was in Glasgow for a few hours with the girlfriend and was having a drink in The auctioneers, Curling was on the telly and the girlfriend suddenly says her gran and grandad used to play it but they played the indoor version, When I pointed out that what was on the telly was indoors she says aye but the version they played wasn't on ice, Me looking a bit confused I asked do you mean indoor bowls, Oh aye I think it might have been???? Honest to fuck, couldn't make it up

Push her a wee bit more and it could turn out to be snooker they were playing mate:lol:

20 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

I mind I was at a pub quiz with my ex years ago where there was a round where you got a free drink if you were the first to put your hand up and correctly answer the quizmaster's question.   The question was "What football team is known as The Foxes?"

She gets a bit over-excited cause she thinks she knows it, hand straight up in the air and then answered "Wolves!"

1 hour ago, miracle said:

Really can't understand the appeal.  Who looks at a sport where you get a broom and sweep like fuck and thinks 'that looks like fun, I'd like to take part in that.'?

paedo fc they like sweeping like fuck usually under a carpet which must be the size of scotland by now

4 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

:lol:  Greetin again?

PAY-Winter_Olympics_Elise_Christie_disqu

N carried away by the coach , which , supposedly was gonna happen all along ,so not to put too much pressure on her injury . (If she was that badly injured , why the fuck was she skating ) 

(Before the race , couldny even put her skates on either ) Britains-Elise-Christie-reacts-before-t.

1 minute ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

N carried away by the coach , which , supposedly was gonna happen all along ,so not to put too much pressure on her injury . (If she was that badly injured , why the fuck was she skating ) 

(Before the race , couldny even put her skates on either ) Britains-Elise-Christie-reacts-before-t.

A've done ma hammy in and cracked a semi all in one at that bottom pic.

2 hours ago, miracle said:

It's a good sport, highly tactical and surprisingly physical. The brushing isn't really a huge part of it, although it is the bit everyone associates with it.

I played to a fairly high level, even winning the national championships for schools age group. One of that schools team went to the last Olympics.

I got a bad injury playing football and missed a season, then discovered drink/women, went to uni, got a career and never had the time to go back. I look at what my peers went on to achieve and regret giving it up, I enjoyed it and was actually pretty decent at it.

Aye, drink and women more or less fucked my hopes of a sporting career too, along with the worst advice I've probably ever been given which was to turn down an S-Form to concentrate on studying so I had 'something to fall back on'.   There wasn't the same amount of money in the game back them but it was just starting to get to the silly levels.

There's a lot of things that you can do when you're young that you can't do when you're old and going to uni isn't one of them, being a pro footballer is.   I mind running into Allan McGregor one night then telling him if I'd stuck at it noone would have heard of him  :mutley:

2 hours ago, Badger said:

It's a good sport, highly tactical and surprisingly physical. The brushing isn't really a huge part of it, although it is the bit everyone associates with it.

I played to a fairly high level, even winning the national championships for schools age group. One of that schools team went to the last Olympics.

I got a bad injury playing football and missed a season, then discovered drink/women, went to uni, got a career and never had the time to go back. I look at what my peers went on to achieve and regret giving it up, I enjoyed it and was actually pretty decent at it.

That must have been a boot in the stones.

16 hours ago, Inigo said:

Champion drama queen, she'll thank you.

At least she'll be able to write about being world and European champion (proudly under the British banner), unlike good old Edward.

Man, people are harsh on their sports people in this country. She's only gone and won 10 European golds (overall champion in 2015 and 2017), and 2 World Championship golds (overall champion in 2017). 

Has anyone seen her win any of these?

Probably does best when the spotlight isn’t on her.

(like some of our players, who always ‘look good in training’!)

6 dq’s in 6 events when everybody’s paying attention suggests she lacks something.

17 hours ago, Inigo said:

Ah, good to see the support on RM for a proud Scottish and British skater.  

She's obviously capable given her medal haul in the Worlds and the Euros. Maybe a combination of mistakes compounded by bad luck and things getting into her head?

Hope she can turn it around next time. 

Thank you for backing her up. She's an incredibly talented speed skater and has been treated horribly in the Olympics in South Korea and Russia. The courage she showed to come back from an injury that would have the pretty boys in football rolling around the pitch to compete in the 1000m crash again as she caught her skate in the the Hungarian skater's skate then get back up for the restarted race to finish 2nd only to be disqualified, unfairly in my opinion. Elise Christie's got more balls than all the haters on here combined.

10 European Gold Medals

6 European Silver Medals

1 European Bronze Medal

3 World Championship Gold Medals

4 World Championship Silver Medals

5 World Championship Bronze Medals

13 hours ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

The bottom pic is after she and the Hungarian skater's had caught skates. Other skaters also were getting their skates checked. Once they are on the skater can't do anything to them but their coaching staff can.

As for getting carried off the ice, if you'd had the crashes she's had this week you would be in hospital.

7 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

As for getting carried off the ice, if you'd had the crashes she's had this week you would be in hospital.

If her injuries were so bad , she shouldny have been involved . The injury she has effects everyone in different ways ,so we'll never know 

16 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

If her injuries were so bad , she shouldny have been involved . The injury she has effects everyone in different ways ,so we'll never know 

Maybe she had a bottle of buckie beforehand and thought "Fuck it, I am having that gold thing"!