Am an auld bassa...

rab wilson

Do you know what, I have said to the boy we would do this, wasn't sure if there was enough to keep the boy interested as it isn't Xbox or anything, but now you have posted this I said to him and he has said yeah he still wants to go over.

Going to look it up just now and see how I go about doing it.

Cheers Rab. :dance:

20 minutes ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Do you know what, I have said to the boy we would do this, wasn't sure if there was enough to keep the boy interested as it isn't Xbox or anything, but now you have posted this I said to him and he has said yeah he still wants to go over.

Going to look it up just now and see how I go about doing it.

Cheers Rab. :dance:

Try to book the Founders Trail mate , it finishes up with the Stadium tour . I'm sure he will enjoy seeing his Da reliving all the old memories .

8 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Try to book the Founders Trail mate , it finishes up with the Stadium tour . I'm sure he will enjoy seeing his Da reliving all the old memories .

Thanks for the advice. Will say to him, I'm actually like his step dad, not married to his mum but have brought him up the last seven years, he's now fifteen, we go as much as we can depending on my shifts. But he's definitely one of us, he was and still is Chelsea daft as his dad is English so he has been on the tour at Stamford Bridge.

Only thing that bugs me is he hasn't seen us win anything since I have been taking him last five years, only seen us beat the taigs on penalties, so I'm desperate for a Cup win and the ultimate winning the title and if and it's a big if, the Champions League Nights back at Ibrox. 

34 minutes ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Only thing that bugs me is he hasn't seen us win anything since I have been taking him last five years, only seen us beat the taigs on penalties, so I'm desperate for a Cup win and the ultimate winning the title and if and it's a big if, the Champions League Nights back at Ibrox. 

I know what you mean mate , My boy will be 15 in the summer . He's had a season ticket for 10 years and can remember the last titles under Walter but for me 55 will be even sweeter because he will take it in better now , especially given the shit we've endured since then . I've started going back to away games this season because he wants to go to them all , and I'm glad because I honestly get as much of a buzz seeing his reactions as I do from us winning . He also takes losing as hard as I can at times , so the train home from killie recently was difficult :lol:

It’s been about 25 year since I done the ibrox tour but my wee lassie is six an just about ready for it now, every time we pass the girodome she says daddy quick hold yer nose ? so think I’ll be doing it again soon Can’t wait to see her face ?

Glad ye enjoyed it bud?? every Rangers fan should be able to say they’ve done it, esp now when the club could do with anything to bring in a bit of extra wonga

ive done the Ajax tour 3 times now an I’d do it again if I go to the dam with someone who hasn’t 

The Erskine Veterans (even aulder bassas!) love nothing better than In Ibrox Stadium Tour, followed by an Argyle Lunch.

Rangers give us the stadium tours for nothing, but we need to pay for the lunches.

That's why the RangersMedia Erskine Fund was formed in 2012 - And we haven't exhausted Erskine Veterans' demand yet, so that's why we're still here.

Next Erskine Stadium Tour and Lunch will hopefully be 20th March - if we get enough donations to pay for it!  (No this is not an appeal to existing November Fundraiser Donors, only to those who haven't donated either in the last few months, or ever.  :p: )

Anyone who would like to help Erskine Veterans get to Ibrox, simply make a donation to the RM Erskine Fund...

You know it makes sense.

blueroom1_zpsecoqfdw3.thumb.jpg.14d7ccd6993752e5cc66b1256b0bfa32.jpgDinger.thumb.jpg.dcba2d2f5300ad1d8205b49049c691b7.jpgdugout1_zpsg3ghv7z0.thumb.jpg.6e6747d5f124d888eee45fd9610bc3d2.jpgE2_zps54d8e559.thumb.jpg.1619dfde097d32d7b1031873008d2c14.jpgE3_zpsd1a464eb.thumb.jpg.c8eba0430d7092035b3ad84125858a60.jpgE4_zps29cd3f57.thumb.jpg.703105d0bc4a3315a04ad0297097e5ee.jpgE6_zpsae4f8796.thumb.jpg.b6bc1bb5b6d10456db596112688cb4eb.jpgEBI_08_zpsrdjvmmug.thumb.jpg.042eb33360690baf42ba7a1c15968b74.jpgErskine_Mains_THE-Dressing__zps5be18197.thumb.jpg.ac8595e52db79f91e2939181a193cc85.jpgerskine_park_ibrox1_zps2d952aed.jpg.37a1fcdf07fb10816f3bbb289a238652.jpgerskine_park_ibrox2_zpse5cf2459.thumb.jpg.1a5c487beebd86c6b35e631a4799ed1a.jpgerskine_park_ibrox3_zpsc41b6f69.jpg.5ae9f5bd01c78a93a7202e1353b4b2c4.jpgtour2_zps0vncffkm.thumb.jpg.59140c947c0050bee847c7f237ddafeb.jpgtour5_zpskl6twqhk.thumb.jpg.7b99aef072a3f725bbecc3d6d889681c.jpgSL4_zpsm72p7oyo.thumb.jpg.a37e63b2f43cd0d243ad9568b5576e09.jpgE4_a_zpsr5pqo3hg.thumb.jpg.d905e7d726345146e59360d56776766b.jpg

Tour1_zpsqdosjerh.jpg

tour3_zpsmrfruol3.jpg

tour4_zpsz2ddn8og.jpg

tour6_zps05av7ghg.jpg

15 hours ago, rab wilson said:

...but did the stadium tour today.the host norman was magic by the way.ive never been inside the doors of the marble halls.i was like a wee boy.we have that massive bit of class that sets us apart from any other club.a wee tear was shed watching the tape all about us at the start.walking down the tunnel my heart was thumping and seeing ibrox in all her magnificence at ground level was quite overwhelming.even as a season ticket holder i never realised how massive ibrox is.

But the blue room really got me.the mural of davie cooper finished me when norman started talking about him.started weeping like a wean for my all time hero. Trophy room absolute majestic.

But norman, the guy who told me not to change the words to the songs whilst there or we would all be in trouble, thanks very much for being a great ambassador for our unique club and portraying it in such a way ., that it left this big cunt feeling 10 ft tall when he left.

No Surrender 

Rab

Thanks for the post Rab. I loved reading that...brilliant!

Like virtually all on here, I get exactly where you're coming from. The emotion does get to you and I can feel it yet again just reading your post and thinking back to how I felt on the day of the Founders Trail and tour (and I'm as hard as nails btw...or maybe not). That was an outstanding day and made all the more enjoyable as I took it with my mate Archie who's the great grandson of Harry McNeil (see link below).

Just to add...if you haven't taken the tour yet, then I'd recommend that you do. You won't regret it.

Thanks again Rab. What a magnificent club and support!

12 hours ago, Fred H Crawford said:

I know what you mean mate , My boy will be 15 in the summer . He's had a season ticket for 10 years and can remember the last titles under Walter but for me 55 will be even sweeter because he will take it in better now , especially given the shit we've endured since then . I've started going back to away games this season because he wants to go to them all , and I'm glad because I honestly get as much of a buzz seeing his reactions as I do from us winning . He also takes losing as hard as I can at times , so the train home from killie recently was difficult :lol:

In work the day or would have got back to you, yeah I took him up to Murrayfield for Hearts game and he loved it, just wish I could get to more away games with him.

Atmosphere and travelling and just everything about it being I'm with you're own fans and belting out songs is brilliant stuff, I love it.

Will let you go, back to work for me, hopefully we get a result today, No Surrender!!!

20 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

It’s been about 25 year since I done the ibrox tour but my wee lassie is six an just about ready for it now, every time we pass the girodome she says daddy quick hold yer nose ? so think I’ll be doing it again soon Can’t wait to see her face ?

Glad ye enjoyed it bud?? every Rangers fan should be able to say they’ve done it, esp now when the club could do with anything to bring in a bit of extra wonga

ive done the Ajax tour 3 times now an I’d do it again if I go to the dam with someone who hasn’t 

Held my nose on the 74 on my way past today ?

On 23/02/2018 at 20:07, rab wilson said:

...but did the stadium tour today.the host norman was magic by the way.ive never been inside the doors of the marble halls.i was like a wee boy.we have that massive bit of class that sets us apart from any other club.a wee tear was shed watching the tape all about us at the start.walking down the tunnel my heart was thumping and seeing ibrox in all her magnificence at ground level was quite overwhelming.even as a season ticket holder i never realised how massive ibrox is.

But the blue room really got me.the mural of davie cooper finished me when norman started talking about him.started weeping like a wean for my all time hero. Trophy room absolute majestic.

But norman, the guy who told me not to change the words to the songs whilst there or we would all be in trouble, thanks very much for being a great ambassador for our unique club and portraying it in such a way ., that it left this big cunt feeling 10 ft tall when he left.

No Surrender 

Rab

Brilliant Rab.

i have the honour of marrying my best pal and love of my life in that very same blue room come July, Ibrox is truly a stunning place and as we met through supporting our great club it seemed only right we got married there.