Goss

Essandoh

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far so good and you cant ask more than that, looks a player and chips in with goals, dead balls are excellent, whats not to like. If we can sign him and he wants to stay then great, if not we should be doing all we can to secure a season long loan for him next season.

Would really like to see us sign this boy long term.  Great pity we weren’t able to nail QPR down to an option to buy at a defined price as I think his performances with us may push him out of our price bracket.

May be sacrilege to some but does nobody else think he is a bit baxteresque.

39 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Would really like to see us sign this boy long term.  Great pity we weren’t able to nail QPR down to an option to buy at a defined price as I think his performances with us may push him out of our price bracket.

May be sacrilege to some but does nobody else think he is a bit baxteresque.

It's the look & physique, said to my sister when he played in Florida that he looked like Baxter.   Obviously never be as good but the boy looks classy, can put his foot on the ball and slow the game at will.   

Don't know if we're paying a loan fee but QPR should be bloody well paying us. They've loaned us an injury prone, unproven prospect with almost no game time and they will get back a match fit, commanding, goal scoring, midfield driving force with a smile on his face.

Love to keep him but we'll be relying on how much he's enjoyed his time here more than any money we can offer him or his club.

A cup final win might persuade him to think long and hard about staying - that's our best card to play and yet another incentive to push hard all the way

5 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Don't know if we're paying a loan fee but QPR should be bloody well paying us. They've loaned us an injury prone, unproven prospect with almost no game time and they will get back a match fit, commanding, goal scoring, midfield driving force with a smile on his face.

Love to keep him but we'll be relying on how much he's enjoyed his time here more than any money we can offer him or his club.

A cup final win might persuade him to think long and hard about staying - that's our best card to play and yet another incentive to push hard all the way

He isn't 'injury prone' and never was. He had a broken back that kept him out of football for a prolonged period. He has had no injuries since and has been back playing for some time without any issues.

He has a great reputation and was being wasted at QPR so I'd imagine he will be keen to push his career on with a European challenge which he can only get at one of the Rangers he is associated with. That and playing in front of 50,000 every other week should be a motivation for a young man with his track record.

1 hour ago, RFC Eagle said:

He isn't 'injury prone' and never was. He had a broken back that kept him out of football for a prolonged period. He has had no injuries since and has been back playing for some time without any issues.

He has a great reputation and was being wasted at QPR so I'd imagine he will be keen to push his career on with a European challenge which he can only get at one of the Rangers he is associated with. That and playing in front of 50,000 every other week should be a motivation for a young man with his track record.

I stand corrected. Knew he’d been out a while but not the detail. Sadly, I don’t think our chances of retaining him are better than 50/50

Happy to eat humble pie on this one, I slagged him off when we signed him totally slating him..........he has shown his left peg is rather cultured and he can control the flow of a game while posing a credible threat.

We should make all efforts to sign him at the end of the season.