Goss

Essandoh

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Goss normally has two 'outs' on each side, today he only had Tav/Candeias on the right.  We need Murphy & John/Wallace or Halliday on the left - we totally lacked balance today. 

Very true actually, we only had 1 winger playing today & it let Falkirk make the game quite compact at times

Vital that Murphy plays on Sunday, supposedly he wanted to play today so thats positive.

15 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Very true actually, we only had 1 winger playing today & it let Falkirk make the game quite compact at times

Vital that Murphy plays on Sunday, supposedly he wanted to play today so thats positive.

Fair point, but he has to learn to deal with that, if he’s all he’s bummed up to be.

If you thought the game was compact today, see how much space the beggars give us on Sunday!

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

He was terrible today. Everyone knows, himself included, but in fairness he's been excellent since he's arrived. Hopefully it's a one off blip and he's right back on it next week..............

Fair play to the boy for acknowledging he was poor today compared to the standard he's already set himself. That's the sort of attitude that will only make him improve his game.

6 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Fair point, but he has to learn to deal with that, if he’s all he’s bummed up to be.

If you thought the game was compact today, see how much space the beggars give us on Sunday!

It's a strange one. Their game is to press high up which means there should be less space to play in but I fully expect there to be times where we have a lot of space as we catch them on the break. They've been poor this season in Europe particularly when being countered and this has been one of our strengths since the January transfer window. We've got a good few players in the first team right now who can turn defence in to attack very quickly.

10 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

It's a strange one. Their game is to press high up which means there should be less space to play in but I fully expect there to be times where we have a lot of space as we catch them on the break. They've been poor this season in Europe particularly when being countered and this has been one of our strengths since the January transfer window. We've got a good few players in the first team right now who can turn defence in to attack very quickly.

Let’s hope that’s how it works out!

I’m worried about him next week. Theres no doubting he’s an asset to the team in games when we have the higher percentage of posession however on more than one occasion Falkirk players just walked by him in the middle of the park as if he wasn’t there. 

His tackling and strength has to be at the very top for next Sunday’s game.

1 hour ago, fanaticCR said:

I’m worried about him next week. Theres no doubting he’s an asset to the team in games when we have the higher percentage of posession however on more than one occasion Falkirk players just walked by him in the middle of the park as if he wasn’t there. 

His tackling and strength has to be at the very top for next Sunday’s game.

He did well in the tackle against Hearts I thought

Thought Goss was pretty poor yesterday but all players have bad games.  More worrying was his, and Docherty’s, failure to win key tackles outside our box in the first half.  Will need to sharpen up their acts for next Sunday.  

Don’t know quite how Murty will accommodate him but still think there is a place in our first eleven for McCrorie at DCM.  Hope he is fit for the double header next month.

29 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Thought Goss was pretty poor yesterday but all players have bad games.  More worrying was his, and Docherty’s, failure to win key tackles outside our box in the first half.  Will need to sharpen up their acts for next Sunday.  

Don’t know quite how Murty will accommodate him but still think there is a place in our first eleven for McCrorie at DCM.  Hope he is fit for the double header next month.

I thought docs done well again yesterday, didn't hit the heights of Hearts game but he was steady.

Goss and Buffalo were poor but I'd rather them have a bad game against Falkirk than this Sunday. Both will be chomping at the bit to put it straight come Sunday.

Just now, Smell the hotdog said:

I thought docs done well again yesterday, didn't hit the heights of Hearts game but he was steady.

Goss and Buffalo were poor but I'd rather them have a bad game against Falkirk than this Sunday. Both will be chomping at the bit to put it straight come Sunday.

I like Docherty too, just thought he missed out on a couple of tackles in key areas in first half.  

Wasn’t Buffalo’s day in front of goal but didn’t think he was that bad.  Missed a number of chances but nearly all were on target, the goalkeeper pulling out good saves.  Hopefully next week, his luck will change.

3 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

I like Docherty too, just thought he missed out on a couple of tackles in key areas in first half.  

Wasn’t Buffalo’s day in front of goal but didn’t think he was that bad.  Missed a number of chances but nearly all were on target, the goalkeeper pulling out good saves.  Hopefully next week, his luck will change.

I'm sure it will mate the wee man still holds it up and links it well even if he is missing a chance or two.

He wants that move to England there is no bigger platform for him to shine than on Sunday. Will be bang up for it.

18 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Goss normally has two 'outs' on each side, today he only had Tav/Candeias on the right.  We need Murphy & John/Wallace or Halliday on the left - we totally lacked balance today. 

don't know how you can say that, played the same system we've been playing for weeks, Cummings playing the same role as Murphy on the left and coming inside when suitable  

So Cummings who had never played that position may have played the 'same role as Murphy', but in that position, he is not Murphy and does not offer the same ability nor is he capable of making the same runs.   

We also had a guy at LB who cannot link with the guy in front of him in the manner of Tav/Candeias or John/Murphy. 

If you are the playmaker in midfield and nobody is making runs, you can appear a bit of a twat.