4-4-2

Prso's headband

Twice we’ve tried it. Any formation should work against opposition like Ayr but it just doesn’t suit us I don’t think. We looked poor when we changed it. Wether that’s because the game was won or not I don’t know but I’m not convinced it works. 

If we’d have stuck with 4-2-3-1 we would’ve scored 6 or 7 I think

I think a lot of us were itching for Cummings to get on, get a goal and for us to run up a number. For Cummings to come on though the natural change is for Buffalo. But a) Buffalo is too good and b) Buffalo was causing all sorts of problems and c) we shouldn't be sacrificing Buffalo for Cummings just to get Cummings on. Therefore just to get Cummings on we end up taking off Candeias, and playing Windass and Cummings out of position and we just lose our shape, cohesion and fluidity.

It's a tough one because we want Cummings to get game time but right now, in relation to our shape and first 11 Cummings is not good enough to start for us IMO. Great for us, not so great for Cummings. Still rate him though and think he is a great squad player to have..............

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think a lot of us were itching for Cummings to get on, get a goal and for us to run up a number. For Cummings to come on though the natural change is for Buffalo. But a) Buffalo is too good and b) Buffalo was causing all sorts of problems and c) we shouldn't be sacrificing Buffalo for Cummings just to get Cummings on. Therefore just to get Cummings on we end up taking off Candeias, and playing Windass and Cummings out of position and we just lose our shape, cohesion and fluidity.

It's a tough one because we want Cummings to get game time but right now, in relation to our shape and first 11 Cummings is not good enough to start for us IMO. Great for us, not so great for Cummings. Still rate him though and think he is a great squad player to have..............

:tu:

Sure he was always going to play 90 minutes at the weekend, too. 15 minutes for Morelos would have done neither any harm tonight.

And without  that strange first sub, Murphy wouldn't have been injured...just my own crackpot theory!

Not many teams play 442 

even the teams that look like they are playing that way, their players  do a lot more without the ball for the system to be called a old school 442 

if you have a supporting forward who can score and be a creater then it’s more or less 442 when attacking