Alves ahead of Martin

CoatbridgeBear

50 minutes ago, markem said:

Mate don't take this the wrong way as I honestly cannot remember but was it you that used to champion and defend Kiernan? - If I have that wrong I genuinely apologise, If I am right that is genuinely incredible that you would do that and also call Bruno Alves shite.  

Granted we haven't seen anything like the best of Alves however shite he is not imho.  

Him and @Siwel

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think next Sundays game has come to soon for Alves whether he's fit or not, it was very obvious from the short time he was on last night that he is ring rusty, even if he were to play a full 90 this weekend it's still not enough time to get him ready for what is shaping up to be the most important game of the season so far given recent events, I'm no fan of either him or Martin but why change a winning side to accommodate someone who has not shown any desire to fight in the trenches when the going gets tough, and make no mistake the going is gonna get tough next Sunday , so reluctant as I am I would stick with Martin as at least he'll  put in a tackle.

16 minutes ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

Alves shouldn't be trusted for another big game after bowing out after 10 minutes and almost leaving us in the shit in the last one 

I'd happily never see him play for us again but that's nonsense, he was clearly injured.

5 minutes ago, Gustav said:

I'd happily never see him play for us again but that's nonsense, he was clearly injured.

Anyone who thinks he feigned injury because he was scared of the tarriers should be on the highest rate of DLA for their learning difficulties.

1 hour ago, markem said:

Mate don't take this the wrong way as I honestly cannot remember but was it you that used to champion and defend Kiernan? - If I have that wrong I genuinely apologise, If I am right that is incredible that you would do that and also call Bruno Alves shite. 

What's that gotta do with anything? Would sooner defend Kiernan than Alves, least Kiernan actually showed some heart for the club unlike Alves who just wants to play national football. 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

What's that gotta do with anything? Would sooner defend Kiernan than Alves, least Kiernan actually showed some heart for the club unlike Alves who just wants to play national football. 

Do with anything? - They are both Rangers players that play the the same position,  you have passed fairly strong opinion on both on the same forum, apart from that no similarities at all.

Defend who you want, that of course is your right.  It surprises me that anyone has written Alves off, where you stood out is I recall patience despite the evidence available for a far worse player imo, thus the question.

2 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

What has he done at the club that warrants him being praised in anyway shape or form? 

He's shite and he's only shown for 15 games and of those only a third have been clean sheets. Most of the time it's Wes that keeps us in games rather than Alves who sometimes gifts the opposition the ball to score with (Alston at Ibrox). 

I’m not praising him. He’s been average. 

Telling him to fuck off and saying he’s lazy is nonsense though. Offers more than Martin who’s been rotten or Cardoso. Poor show when Bates is your best CB.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Telling him to fuck off and saying he’s lazy is nonsense though. Offers more than Martin who’s been rotten or Cardoso. Poor show when Bates is your best CB.

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He. Tore. His. Calf.

Facts, balance and logic will get you nowhere.

8 hours ago, PRW. said:

Best cb at the club

About time he started showing it , so far I’ve seen him roasted by a good few spl strikers and yet to tackle anyone yet , he’s not interested, give me Bates and Martin who’ll although not the best at times they give you all they’ve got anytime before an imposter 

35 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

You admit himself he's average, why would we want someone average at the club? That is why I want him to fuck off and he's clearly capable of doing more hence why he's lazy. 

He's a injury worry and he can't even organise the defence as well as what he should be able too. Wilson, Bates, McCrorie and Martin are all better than him. Cardoso even gets pass marks over him purely for showing a bit of passion about the club.