Jump to content

Alves ahead of Martin


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/02/2018 at 07:37, RFCRobertson said:

Nope, Alves can fuck off.

Stop trying to give the lazy fucker credit. 

Russell Martin is far better than Alves, faster, more power and clearly a better option, Alves has done fuck all and is injury prone (especially when he's been heavily relied upon).

Sooner Alves fucks off the better imo.

Edit, didn't mean to quote you mate, fuck knows how that happened lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dande101 said:

Russell Martin is far better than Alves, faster, more power and clearly a better option, Alves has done fuck all and is injury prone (especially when he's been heavily relied upon).

Sooner Alves fucks off the better imo.

Edit, didn't mean to quote you mate, fuck knows how that happened lol.

Martin’s been costing near enough a goal a game since he joined. 

Not sure what you mean by ‘more power’, but if you’re talking about being better in the air - Alves wins hands down on that front. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Found it strange Murty's recent comments on Alves were solely about trying to help him make the WC whilst acknowledging Alves understands Murty's primary goal is to pick a team to ensure a Rangers win.

What I would wanted to hear was that, yes Alves wants to make Portugal's WC squad, but his main focus is that he's desperate to contribute to a successful end to the season for Rangers/wants to win the SC and push celtic close/wants to do himself justice in an OF game etc.

Said it somewhere else, but sick of hearing about Alves and his fucking WC dream.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alves is by far our best centre back  Martin is our next best so it is obvious that when both are fit then both should play. Bates is an able stand in  however Cardosso is absolutely hopeless a terrible defender !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alves held position today the way a CH should. Bates was all over the place getting drawn to the right touchline and midfield leaving huge gaps where he should be. But Alves gave stupid fouls away that bheasts will punish.

Also thought the bart Simpson lad had the beating of Bates too often.

Big decision for Murty as there is no clear best option for which 2/3 of them faces the scum. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Thought Alves played very well today . OK , not the highest of opposition but a good performance never the less . 

I thought he was good in the air and great on the ball. His passing was very good and you know he isn't going to give the ball away once he's got it.

But I thought his positioning without the ball was all over the shop and his tackling was pretty poor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange what other folk see. I thought Alves was the weak spot the day. He didn't hold his position at all. Left young bates exposed at times too. And as for this carry on when he goes up for corners. .... 

Maybe just a bit rusty but I thought he was pish today. Made bates job much harder than it needed to be. 

 

I'd have Martin n bates next week, and in an ideal world honest john back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

I thought he was good in the air and great on the ball. His passing was very good and you know he isn't going to give the ball away once he's got it.

But I thought his positioning without the ball was all over the shop and his tackling was pretty poor.

I haven't been overly impressed with him all season simply because , with a reputation of being a no nonsense defender , I kinda expected more of a Tam Forsyth kind of player . Admittedly , I don't watch many games not involving Rangers , so I may have expected a different kind of player . 

Still , it gives GM options at the back for next week - the type of problems managers like and it'll be interesting what he does . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Alves held position today the way a CH should. Bates was all over the place getting drawn to the right touchline and midfield leaving huge gaps where he should be. But Alves gave stupid fouls away that bheasts will punish.

Also thought the bart Simpson lad had the beating of Bates too often.

Big decision for Murty as there is no clear best option for which 2/3 of them faces the scum. 

I’d say there is Bates and Martin are who should start imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alves is even slower than normal at the moment, as he comes back from injury. He cannot adjust to any balls played behind him, nor someone running at him.  We will struggle defensively against celtic anyway, but playing Alves at the moment is just asking for problems.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd play Alves, but I reckon regardless of what combination we play we'll have to score 3 to win if the fhilth are anywhere near on form.

Don't have confidence in that back line. Wide open at times, and only Falkirk's shiteness prevented opportunities arising regularly.

We're not compact enough as a unit from defence through midfield. Opposition midfields still get to run at our back line too often, and the mhanks thrive on that. And too many headers from the backline aren't won cleanly in the box, resulting in us giving up too many half chances that way.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...