Ian Holloway "slams" Graeme Murty re Sean Goss

Amato

Sounds like a cunt, and it has been said, if he is his player and he likes him that much then when and why is he not in front of a few of them playing at the moment.

Got a few of that fenian mob saying that all our on loan players will be back at there clubs in the summer then we will be shite again, but hold up I thought we were shite anyway and the greatest team to hit Scottish football doesn't need to worry about anything, smell fear in there statements at times.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, blueretro said:

I don't see the problem here. Holloway is quite right to come out with that statement, Murty should never have gone public about his intentions to sign him. 

Agreed we would be pissed off if it was the other way around 

20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

When he first arrived Yes. 

But every player has his price and the player has a big say these days. 

And he's performed well for us so I'd be surprised if his opinion has changed.

He's under contract with QPR, if they don't want to sell then we aren't getting him. Every player does have a price but that doesn't mean we can afford it.

19 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The player will ultimately decide where he wants to play. He looks like he’s enjoying it up here

Throw in a cup and the Europa League (or whisper it, even a title win) and it’s a no brainer surely.

49 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

It's amazing how many QPR fans think that he's 'cutting his teeth' at Rangers or that we're a lower level. Deluded.

Yes Championship is more competitive, but the demands and pressures of winning week in week out at Rangers are far greater than playing at some shithouse like QPR. 

You just have to look at the likes of Waghorn, Garner etc. to see that. 

good post

5 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Agreed we would be pissed off if it was the other way around 

I honestly don't think I would mate. I can't think of a player we have ever loaned out where I would be pissed off if the loanee club said they wanted our player. 1) If we loan a player out it's generally because they're not good enough for our first 11 or our squad 2) If our player was loaned out I would actually want the other club to say they wanted our player as it would show he's doing well to return and push for the first team or they can sign him.

All a bit of a mountain out of a molehill. I think Murtys comments were fine too. He's QPRs player so Holloway can say what he likes but he's just a bit of a cunt IMO!

56 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

They said you can't judge Goss because last season Hill and Kranjcar were our best players :duh: I live down south so no doubt bit like yourself used to them demeaning our league but that's a crazy shout.

Maybe a bit of inexperience off Murty talking about other teams players, it's a no go but Holloway be lucky to be in a job next season never mind keep hold of Goss.

HA! Kranjcar was out half the fucking season. 

20 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

good post

I hear it all the time living down here mate; too used to having to defend it. Get the usual stereotypes thrown our way. 

Punditry and coverage on the likes of BT doesn't help with pundits slide tackling each other before the games. 

46 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

And he's performed well for us so I'd be surprised if his opinion has changed.

He's under contract with QPR, if they don't want to sell then we aren't getting him. Every player does have a price but that doesn't mean we can afford it.

He wasn’t even on the radar at QPR, so it’s not as if they are bursting to get him back. 

If I was Goss, I know where I would rather play my football at this time in his career. 

By the end of his loan spell with us he will still have 2 years left on his QPR contract.   Murty should have been a bit more diplomatic.    Goss has looked good so far but we should keep quiet about him as he isn't our player.  Praising him highly will only put up the price.

Goss is the kind of player we need to be buying because

(1) He has performed very well in our league and clearly has the potential to get even better

(2) It shows all the doubters that we are back where we belong - a big club and capable of attracting players from teams that get an average home attendance of 14,600 and could be playing in League 1 next season.

We can because we are Rangers.