Ian Holloway "slams" Graeme Murty re Sean Goss

Amato

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, wullyRFC said:

Goss will get a game for someone in the Championship no bother even if he was for sale I doubt we could afford him or he'd want to play up here playing shite  teams 34 games of the season.

He couldn't get near the first eleven of a very poor championship team, that's why he came here. Decent performances against the likes of St Johnstone and Hamilton will hardly be impressing other Championship teams.

Bit of an over reaction from Holloway imo. The player will decide what he wants to do regardless of what either Rangers or QPR say.

Would you rather play at better level with shit team or worse level with better team and potential of europe. And thats before we talk about training facilities and tv exposure.

3 hours ago, blueretro said:

I don't see the problem here. Holloway is quite right to come out with that statement, Murty should never have gone public about his intentions to sign him. 

Yeah, it seems like an uncharacteristic mistake from Murty. Ah well.

But anyway, I'm left hoping QPR get relegated, which is a shame because it's a club I've always liked. Would improve our chances of landing him more than anything.

3 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

why not? fuck them, Goss was miserable down there playing for the under 23. he probably playing and enjoying the best football of his career so far, playing great and infront of big crowds. Sean will know he is wanted now and the player could push for the move himself. would you want to go back down there? playing for under 23 team or a stand out player in Scotland and playing the best football of your career in front of big crowds.  europe next year nd tv every week.

None of this matters.  He's contracted to QPR, he's their player, and unless they're willing to sell he wont be a moving in the summer.  

59 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

1mill

I suspected it would be more going by the inflated prices in the Championship. If it was only us interested or within the Scottish market, I would agree. QPR’s salary structure may be an issue too. Depends what motivates the player more.

33 minutes ago, gsa said:

He couldn't get near the first eleven of a very poor championship team, that's why he came here. Decent performances against the likes of St Johnstone and Hamilton will hardly be impressing other Championship teams.

Plenty of players have got moves down south based on their performances up here so that's absolute nonsense. 

14 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

I suspected it would be more going by the inflated prices in the Championship. If it was only us interested or within the Scottish market, I would agree. QPR’s salary structure may be an issue too. Depends what motivates the player more.

Lot of variables mate, to be fair it’s not even a story unless your the daily record stirring the shit. 

If the situation was reversed you'd want our manager to reaffirm that the player isn't for sale just as Holloway has.  QPR obviously rate Goss very highly and have made it clear he's not for sale.  Maybe he could be brought back on loan but it seems we're not doing ourselves any favours with that regard.  You need to build up a relationship with the parent club not talk about pinching their players from them.

4 hours ago, Amato said:

“If Graeme has said he wants him permanently then that’s a bit of a silly statement because he is not for sale. You can’t buy someone who is not for sale.

lot of shite,  EVERYONE is for sale.