Scottish Football

I swear Aberdeen/mcinnes are just top tier shit. 2 wins and they wouldve been in 2nd in front of celtic and what do they do? 

draw with accies, with McInnes "insisting" they are fine with a point, we dodged a bullet with him 

8 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

I swear Aberdeen/mcinnes are just top tier shit. 2 wins and they wouldve been in 2nd in front of celtic and what do they do? 

draw with accies, with McInnes "insisting" they are fine with a point, we dodged a bullet with him 

Zero ambition. The definition of a man coasting at his job. 

There's absolutely no pressure on him, he will be earning a half decent wage and so long as they finish in a European qualification spot their fans are happy. He should have been apoplectic with anger after drawing with a team who can't hold their water, but instead are happy with a draw.

No wonder they coasted to title after title when we were down the leagues. Imagine turning down the Rangers job to stay there. That shows everything about him. So glad he did that though. 

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Zero ambition. The definition of a man coasting at his job. 

There's absolutely no pressure on him, he will be earning a half decent wage and so long as they finish in a European qualification spot their fans are happy. He should have been apoplectic with anger after drawing with a team who can't hold their water, but instead are happy with a draw.

No wonder they coasted to title after title when we were down the leagues. Imagine turning down the Rangers job to stay there. That shows everything about him. So glad he did that though. 

I remember a few times during that time they had a serious chance to contend and instead bottled it everytime.

but your 100% right, guys happy not being risky and instead just a status quo of euro qualifying spots (then promptly embarresed n pumped out) and decent cup runs. 

14 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I remember a few times during that time they had a serious chance to contend and instead bottled it everytime.

but your 100% right, guys happy not being risky and instead just a status quo of euro qualifying spots (then promptly embarresed n pumped out) and decent cup runs. 

In the six and a bit years as a Manager I think he’s only been allowed to pay a transfer fee a handful of times. The highest he’s ever spent was on Kenny McLean at 275,000 and that was years ago.

He’s done a pretty good job at Aberdeen. Pretty sure he’s finished in the European places every season and finished above us twice. When he came in they had finished 8th. Also won Aberdeen’s first trophy since 1996.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I know he's disliked on here, but I can't fathom why his record is doubted on here, he's been a success.

Even in Europe people slate his run, how can people expect Aberdeen to beat the likes of Real Sociedad, Maribor, Sporting Lisbon? In 6/7 seasons he has got them into Q3 of EL qualifying, only time he failed was losing to Burnley in ET in Q2. 4 of those seasons they lost by a single goal.

Maribor were knocked out by one of the northern Irish league sides 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I know he's disliked on here, but I can't fathom why his record is doubted on here, he's been a success.

Even in Europe people slate his run, how can people expect Aberdeen to beat the likes of Real Sociedad, Maribor, Sporting Lisbon? In 6/7 seasons he has got them into Q3 of EL qualifying, only time he failed was losing to Burnley in ET in Q2. 4 of those seasons they lost by a single goal.

Yep.

You think about all the players he’s lost as well in the past few years: Jack, Rooney, Shinnie, Mackay-Steven, McLean, and now McKenna, and he still manages to get them consistently into the top 4. All the above are hardly world beaters but all of them are better than average SPFL players.

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Maribor were a much stronger side 4 years ago compared to this season, whilst one off ties and playing BCD has a totally different aspect to these ties and makes it completely incomparable.

Just need to look at how much praise we all gave us for beating Mairbor two years after that Aberdeen tie to appreciate they were a decent side!

They were a decent side mate but I'm just saying they are beatable.

Lisbon and sociedad id never expect them to beat 

On 23/11/2020 at 18:42, OceanRain said:

It's the line they've been fed over and over and over again, and now every single one of them believes this to be the case. 

They are a cult.

Our back line has shipped three league goals in 15 games. Yet, they've a better defence? The best part of £7m shelled out for Barkas and Duffy alone. Cunts are sitting on the bench in disgrace already.

Fucking wild.

Thats why they have the better squad ,how good must they be when they’ve got players costing 5m sitting on the bench .😂

32 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Looks like it’s performance related. Reading between the lines of the statement it looks like he thinks he’s taken the team as far as he can.

Yip....I'm sure he questioned his own future after Saturdays loss at home to St Mirren 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

20201128_122303.thumb.jpg.2f49c0f4042ed470d7968c84e21eb1ae.jpg

giphy.gif.fee401af070081e4c7513cd5a2e71410.gif

They've been pumping teams for 9 years, commentators jizzing themselves when the rattle 5 or 6 past your Hamilton's or St Johnstone's, majestic/unstoppable cel*s etc.

Won countless domestic trophies/trebles in a row with barely a challenge, until now.

Suddenly when it looks like we are finally getting our act together and might clean up this season watch the narrative change to the old firm dominating so much is bad for Scottish football.