Scottish Football

I’d love to see David Martindale get a bigger job at the likes of a Hearts/Hibs, just to see how he gets on. 

He’s obviously a bit rough around the edges, but the players love him and he can clearly drill a side well. I like how he can change tactically game to game and still be relatively succesful (compared to say a McInnes who wasn’t). 

Just now, plymouthranger said:

I’d love to see David Martindale get a bigger job at the likes of a Hearts/Hibs, just to see how he gets on. 

He’s obviously a bit rough around the edges, but the players love him and he can clearly drill a side well. I like how he can change tactically game to game and still be relatively succesful (compared to say a McInnes who wasn’t). 

Why would you love to see a manager in our league manage one of the better sides in our league?

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Why would you love to see a manager in our league manage one of the better sides in our league?

To see if he can manage the step up. His story is pretty inspiring and he’s known as a big bluenose, not saying I think he’s able to manage us…

Our cinch Premiership games against Ross County and Livingston have been postponed following further positive Covid tests.

The games, which were due to take place on Wednesday 3 November and Saturday 6 November respectively, have now been postponed following discussions with the SPFL, NHS Lothian, and the clubs.

This decision was made after a significant number of first team players, staff, and development squad players tested positive over the last few days. By following all the guidelines, we wouldn’t be able to field a team for either game, which has led us to no other alternative than to postpone the fixtures.

The individuals will not be named due to medical confidentiality and those affected will now self-isolate in-line with the protocol.

We are in constant discussions with NHS Lothian to reduce the spread of Covid and HTC has subsequently been closed for a deep clean. We have also undergone an internal investigation regarding the outbreak and are confident in our processes.

We will continue to take every precaution necessary as the safety of our players and staff is of absolute importance.

We would also like to apologise to our supporters who have made plans to attend the re-arranged fixture at Ross County. We made our thoughts incredibly clear to the SPFL before the fixture was re-arranged, and it took them until today, after more positive tests were recorded and several meetings, to make the right decision, which we thank them for.

We will put out further details regarding away tickets purchased for both Ross County and Livingston in due course.

We’d like to thank all our supporters for their understanding.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/club-statement-ross-county-livingston-postponed

• 2 weeks later...