Scottish Football

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

So the tartan army want everyone to love them but if they beat Ukraine tonight almost everyone with the exception of the Russians and a few others will HATE them forever  :lol:

A hope we smash Ukraine tonight. Drink 2 fingers worth of your drink everytime you hear a war reference, hear the word solidarity, or score a goal 😁

10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If Hickey does well it will be hard for Patterson to get back in, as good as he's been for Scotland so far.

I don't follow Scotland at all but does Patterson no play in the right and hickey on the left?? 

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Hickey can play on both flanks I think, and is right-footed albeit can use both.

So hickey isn't replacing Robertson anytime soon. Tbf everytime I've seen Patterson he's been pish, should just ditch the national team and concentrate on his club career. 

11 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

So the tartan army want everyone to love them but if they beat Ukraine tonight almost everyone with the exception of the Russians and a few others will HATE them forever  :lol:

There was no expectation that Scotland should lose this game because of the situation in Ukraine. Nobody talked about that. I can say even more - there is huge respect to Tartan Army in Ukraine especially after game in Kyiv in 2006. Mainstream idea was: It would be great to see in Qatar both teams - and Ukraine and Scotland. No one would blame Scotland for win. 

20 hours ago, Rambo1872 said:

A hope we smash Ukraine tonight. Drink 2 fingers worth of your drink everytime you hear a war reference, hear the word solidarity, or score a goal 😁

I think we underestimated them ... from a western point of view it's easy to forget what a big country it is with a similar population to Spain 

11 hours ago, Ukrainian said:

There was no expectation that Scotland should lose this game because of the situation in Ukraine. Nobody talked about that. I can say even more - there is huge respect to Tartan Army in Ukraine especially after game in Kyiv in 2006. Mainstream idea was: It would be great to see in Qatar both teams - and Ukraine and Scotland. No one would blame Scotland for win. 

Even a great Scottish captain like Souness wanted Ukraine to win

1 hour ago, don logan said:

Sacked before the end of the season. It's the infrastructure and club ethos at Cove which has driven them into the Championship, not him.

It's because they are outspending everyone at the level they're at

8 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

It's because they are outspending everyone at the level they're at

You have to wonder when the bubble will burst with clubs like Cove and Kelty Hearts

I haven’t been to Kelty but my uncle went there to watch St Mirren play them and said he couldn’t believe how small the village was, yet they’re in the 3rd tier?

I mean ffs it’s a village with 6,000 people :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

You have to wonder when the bubble will burst with clubs like Cove and Kelty Hearts

I haven’t been to Kelty but my uncle went there to watch St Mirren play them and said he couldn’t believe how small the village was, yet they’re in the 3rd tier?

I mean ffs it’s a village with 6,000 people :lol: 

Same size as Dingwall tbf and County have been consistently in the top flight for the best part of a decade