Scottish Football

17 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

4 rings a bell, that will also be part of the teams negotiating because they want to sell as many home tickets as possible. So to lay it at sky's door is naive at best. 

It's currently 4 but increases to 5 with the new deal. 

So pretty much all of those 4 will be games against one of the OF, hence why there's pretty much no non-of games on TV. 

1 hour ago, Somemightsay7 said:

It's currently 4 but increases to 5 with the new deal. 

So pretty much all of those 4 will be games against one of the OF, hence why there's pretty much no non-of games on TV. 

Just don’t get why this is a thing? We should be pushing to get as many games on TV / as much exposure as possible so why are we limiting the number of games that can be shown.

As much as it is all about us for me, I probably would have put on some of the games post split as there is a lot riding on them and I am more interested in the outcome of them than a meaningless EPL game or the League 2 playoffs…

10 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

Just don’t get why this is a thing? We should be pushing to get as many games on TV / as much exposure as possible so why are we limiting the number of games that can be shown.

As much as it is all about us for me, I probably would have put on some of the games post split as there is a lot riding on them and I am more interested in the outcome of them than a meaningless EPL game or the League 2 playoffs…

I'm not sure why the SPFL self imposes this rule, I can only imagine the clubs think it will hamper attendances. 

Tbf though, I can't imagine sky showing any other games, they already don't show their full allocation. The viewing figures would be too small. 

What I would do however is give the other 10 clubs a kick up the ass and convince them that having all OF home games on TV would drastically increase the TV revenue. Sky might not give a shit about Hearts vs Aberdeen but they should as hell will about any game including one of us. 

4 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I'm not sure why the SPFL self imposes this rule, I can only imagine the clubs think it will hamper attendances. 

Tbf though, I can't imagine sky showing any other games, they already don't show their full allocation. The viewing figures would be too small. 

What I would do however is give the other 10 clubs a kick up the ass and convince them that having all OF home games on TV would drastically increase the TV revenue. Sky might not give a shit about Hearts vs Aberdeen but they should as hell will about any game including one of us. 

It was us and them that pushed for the limit on home games shown on TV ages ago.

13 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Why? 

We're always going to sell out our season tickets. 

Both thought it would impact match attendances.

At that time the TV deals were less and possibly less season ticket holders/more pay per game fans, so maybe made more sense then in terms of what a team would gain with additional TV money v non-season ticket holders buying on  game to game basis.

Outdated now and no idea why we haven't moved on from it. Easiest way to improve the TV deal is to show a higher number of games for less per game but an overall increase like pretty much every other non big league does.

5 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Both thought it would impact match attendances.

At that time the TV deals were less and possibly less season ticket holders/more pay per game fans, so maybe made more sense then in terms of what a team would gain with additional TV money v non-season ticket holders buying on  game to game basis.

Outdated now and no idea why we haven't moved on from it. Easiest way to improve the TV deal is to show a higher number of games for less per game but an overall increase like pretty much every other non big league does.

Yeah completely outdated. A neutral watching our games in a shitty run down stadium just makes the league look so much worse than it already is. 

Even if it did have a minor impact on the odd attendance, you have to imagine that would be offset by the increase in the TV deal, not to mention more money in the league so more competitive teams leading to less shite matches. 

Just now, Somemightsay7 said:

What happened to Dunipace is horrible and hopefully insurance covers it, but how much money were they bringing in from 'hospitality' :lol:

In what way?

'Hospitality' = pie stand, bar and match sponsors and the pitch could be out of action for as long as a year. Will lose a few grand just by having our final two first-team fixtures moved. Had three or four cup finals due to take place there over the next couple of weeks and we also have a women's team as well as our 20s and a FFIT team who play there - all of which bring in £ for the club.