Scottish Football

38 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Shite stadium, shite atmosphere, Murrayfield despite being in Edinburgh > 

Murrayfield is shite as well. Provided they're as good as their word and the stadium is incrementally redeveloped, then Hampden is where Scottish football should be.

Scottish football has very little going for it. To abandon it's heritage, which is one of the few things it does have going for it, would be very short sighted.

37 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Murrayfield is shite as well. Provided they're as good as their word and the stadium is incrementally redeveloped, then Hampden is where Scottish football should be.

Scottish football has very little going for it. To abandon it's heritage, which is one of the few things it does have going for it, would be very short sighted.

Nope, I enjoyed Murrayfield in all honesty

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Nope, I enjoyed Murrayfield in all honesty

It's ok, but behind the goals has similar problems.

But the short-termism is the most important thing. It'd be the wrong move for Scottish football to move to away from Glasgow and to move away from Hampden. Stadiums can be improved. Even if it takes a while it'd be worth the wait. The kind of meaning that places like Hampden and Ibrox have is too important to be losing for some short term benefits, benefits that could be achieved medium term without losing the link to the 115 years of heritage.

20 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Why would Queen's Park sell Hampden for that price when they could have made a lot more than 4 million?

Something stinks about this and the fact that Haughey is involved makes the stink even greater.

Something most certainly stinks about this ‘deal’ 

I can assure you one club in this country will benefit somehow from this arrangement 

19 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Something most certainly stinks about this ‘deal’ 

I can assure you one club in this country will benefit somehow from this arrangement 

I think Hunter being involved is a nice wee diversion for Haughey to put anyone off the scent of the real reason behind his "philanthropic" gesture.

44 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

They really need rid of that running track at Hampden. Even if it means reducing the capacity it’s better having the fans closer to the pitch.

I was saying the same thing to a mate in work. 

The whole stadium needs revamped but this would be a good start. 

13 hours ago, Inigo said:

It's ok, but behind the goals has similar problems.

But the short-termism is the most important thing. It'd be the wrong move for Scottish football to move to away from Glasgow and to move away from Hampden. Stadiums can be improved. Even if it takes a while it'd be worth the wait. The kind of meaning that places like Hampden and Ibrox have is too important to be losing for some short term benefits, benefits that could be achieved medium term without losing the link to the 115 years of heritage.

It's nowhere near as bad.

3 hours ago, PSL said:

Exactly. All council money heading to the piggery to keep it standing

It says it all that they needed half the money donated in order to buy it.

When they can't even properly afford it, there is no chance they'll be able to get the massive funds needed to fix the dump.

It seems the rest of the league is going mental at this new SFA review panel. 

Sheep now demanding VAR and critising the explanation for devlin red card. 

Clarke having a go to at his charges. He's just revealed the clowns spelled his name wrong on the charges. 

It's literally falling apart for the SFA rigjt now.