Absolutely bottled it

As soon as it went 1-1 you could see the confidence draining from the players.

Jock Wallace used to talk about character,we have no characters capable of stepping up and competing with them.

Not as bad as Aberdeen a couple of weeks ago but similar performance in it's weakness.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Maybe some of the above watched a different game from me. Morelos bullied there defence but missed a couple of chances. Needs to score those but his overall game was good.

Didn't think we bottled it at all, our final ball wasn't good enough on the day and I thought cardoso looked really shaky in defence. 

It wasn't our day.

He scores those two we win the game, those are the hard facts. Same happened in the last OF game. Remember there were people on here who said they wouldn’t sell him for £10 million? Need there heads examining. 

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You think celtic will sit idle during the summer?  They'll strengthen too.  

yeah but trying here to convince myself everythings gonna get better were are close tho who from the champ down south is gonna sign for them over Crystal pal or Swansea? even with the CL cash its championship or denmark on the cheap for them

Not good enough. Not brave enough. And lacking a winning mentality. 

After the last 10 mins of the first half where we literally gifted them the pitch and let them score, you would expect a harsh team talk at half time.

None of that happened and instead of getting better with 11 against 10, we started getting worse. The only reason for that is that Mirty is one of the guys, and not the manager whos word means that you HAVE to deliver. Far too respecful to opposite teams and his own players, far too scared to move forward - had he done this in the end of first half we could have kept the 2-1 lead. Had he moved forward and put Cummings in right after the red card, we would have actually looked like we are tryin to win the game. 

Instead, Mirty was still too scared to try and have a go at them. When youre 2-2 and your biggest rivals go to men down, you ATTACK them and you go for the win, you dont wait for a mistake or sit down and think that a draw is okay to achieve. Especially after years of low divisions, awful football and huge defeats against celtic. 

We fucked it. We didnt try to win the game. So disappointed... 

Game of missed chances. Chance to put Morelos thru to put us 3-1 up, straight up the other end and its 2-2. 

Morelos clean thru, misses chance to put us 3-2 up, they go up other end and score 

Morelos misses from 2 yards out.

Murty not to blame for those 3 chances missed or individual errors at the back. We've created more problems in last 2 games than in previous 8 combined. 

Still same result though and that's the gutting thing. 

Yip. Nothing new here: Dembellend scores his chance yet Morelos misses his. Windass resorts back to type after his goal. Cardoso is simply awful. Rodgers makes changes from the side lines to win the game with ten men, whilst Murty stands idle. Same old same old.

7 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Game of missed chances. Chance to put Morelos thru to put us 3-1 up, straight up the other end and its 2-2. 

Morelos clean thru, misses chance to put us 3-2 up, they go up other end and score 

Morelos misses from 2 yards out.

Murty not to blame for those 3 chances missed or individual errors at the back. We've created more problems in last 2 games than in previous 8 combined. 

Still same result though and that's the gutting thing. 

Very very good post mate 

Without the scattergun that is very accurate post 

5 minutes ago, demise said:

Not good enough. Not brave enough. And lacking a winning mentality. 

After the last 10 mins of the first half where we literally gifted them the pitch and let them score, you would expect a harsh team talk at half time.

None of that happened and instead of getting better with 11 against 10, we started getting worse. The only reason for that is that Mirty is one of the guys, and not the manager whos word means that you HAVE to deliver. Far too respecful to opposite teams and his own players, far too scared to move forward - had he done this in the end of first half we could have kept the 2-1 lead. Had he moved forward and put Cummings in right after the red card, we would have actually looked like we are tryin to win the game. 

Instead, Mirty was still too scared to try and have a go at them. When youre 2-2 and your biggest rivals go to men down, you ATTACK them and you go for the win, you dont wait for a mistake or sit down and think that a draw is okay to achieve. Especially after years of low divisions, awful football and huge defeats against celtic. 

We fucked it. We didnt try to win the game. So disappointed... 

I agree with all of that I also thought we never took the initiative, what a great opportunity to really hammer them after taking the lead so early. I thought we defended really deep and didn’t press high enough up the pitch. We let them have possession in their final third and that Boyata is a fucking accident waiting to happen. It was only Morelos pressing if we had more bodies 10 yards higher up the pitch we’d have really put them under so much more pressure.

We had enough possession and created enough chances to win the game, Morelos misses cost us. But to fair to him you have to be in the right place to miss them. Cummings came on and I cant remember him getting any decent chances.

The semi final is the next test and a must win, as Murty said in the post match interview we made basic mistakes for their goals, we need to cut out these basic mistakes but given that we play them again so soon I don't think we can go over the top with criticism.

18 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

As soon as celtic went down to 10 men we should've brought Goss or Winbdass off, put Cummings on, and changed the shape to 4-4-2.  Murty did fuck all until we went behind and by that time it was too late.  Rodgers acted immediately and that's the difference between the two managers.

Rodgers was forced to make those changes.....don't make him out to be a messiah because our defence were unable to prevent the 2nd and 3rd goals

Tactically its Murtys failure to make timely changes that cost us. Goss who really struggled, should've been hooked at half time for Holt and when they went down to 10, Cummings should've been straight on for the empty jersey Windass. We also resorted back to meaningless tippy tappy outside their box and inevitably the final ball in was awful.

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Rodgers was forced to make those changes.....don't make him out to be a messiah because our defence were unable to prevent the 2nd and 3rd goals

He's a better manager and his experienced showed.  Murty's inexperience and lack of bottle was clear as he sat on his hands and failed to make the most of the numerical advantage.  It was only after celtic scored the 3rd that Murty decided to change things and by then it was too late.  Good managers know how to make changes that win games and today Rodgers did that and Murty fucked it.  We need a manager not a youth coach if we expect to win this league.

What about the Old Firm game back in December when Kranjcar had a nightmare for about 80mins and Murty wouldn't make a change then either?  Pena, who was our 3rd top-scorer at that time, should've been brought on sooner as he offered us a goal threat but he only got the last 10mins.  The changes are coming WAY too late.

10 minutes ago, Bighouse said:

They just don't believe they can win.

How many years since we last beat them at Ibrox now?

2012. And if we don't win the Scottish cup it will be 2011 since we last one a proper trophy.

Not good enough at all. Yes we had to work out way back but we still had the second biggest budget in the country the whole time.

We not only need a defence but we badly need a ball winning no thrills midfielder. Sick of watching teams strolling around the middle of Ibrox like they own the place. 

What is it about managers not picking in form strikers? Should have dropped either Windass or Fabio for Cummings. Reminded me of Smith dropping Novo for the UEFA cup final. 

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He's a better manager and his experienced showed.  Murty's inexperience and lack of bottle was clear as he sat on his hands and failed to make the most of the numerical advantage.  It was only after celtic scored the 3rd that Murty decided to change things and by then it was too late.  Good managers know how to make changes that win games and today Rodgers did that and Murty fucked it.  We need a manager not a youth coach if we expect to win this league.

What about the Old Firm game back in December when Kranjcar had a nightmare for about 80mins and Murty wouldn't make a change then either?  Pena, who was our 3rd top-scorer at that time, should've been brought on sooner as he offered us a goal threat but he only got the last 10mins.  The changes are coming WAY too late.

Agreed. Say what you like about Rodgers but he’s got a good tactical brain. 

6 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm not debating murtys failings, my point is Brendas hand was forced as Rogic only lasts 60 mins and the red card made him reshuffle, yes nutty should of reacted quicker but even up too the red card we were starting to take control of the game

Apart from Cummings we had no-one on the bench who would have made a difference, especially in midfield. Both Windass after the goal and Goss went missing. Then we lose Bates and Cardoso costs us a terrible goal. 

I don't think we bottled it but it exposed exactly where we need to improve.

38 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

We had enough possession and created enough chances to win the game, Morelos misses cost us. But to fair to him you have to be in the right place to miss them. Cummings came on and I cant remember him getting any decent chances.

The semi final is the next test and a must win, as Murty said in the post match interview we made basic mistakes for their goals, we need to cut out these basic mistakes but given that we play them again so soon I don't think we can go over the top with criticism.

He misses them too often, way too often, especially in these big games. Cummings had 15 minutes after the game had gone completely flat. Not really fair to judge . 

32 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Semi final ?must win? You've got to be fuckin joking .we are fuckin miles behind in every dept ,it's men against boys ,they are physically light years ahead of us ,faster harder and street wise. We are still going into games against them with kids in the middle of the park ffs .im actually surprised it was as close as 3-2 and I'm pretty sure the next two won't be