Absolutely bottled it

1 hour ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Exactly, Brenda was quick to change things, we did - f@ck all ffs

Said to tje boy next to me that we were in trouble cos they left 2 up and lego was still a spare man..if we bring cummings on then, they dont score.fuckin guttrd.

No Surrender 

Rab 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply unacceptable that we've let them come away with all the points today. Blow two leads, and at a time where we were struggling like fuck we get a break with the red and we still find a way to let them tear us open with one pass. 2nd and 3rd goals are totally unforgivable. 

Morelos just isn't a crunch moment player. Worked his arse off and generally played well for me, but there's 3 big moments where he cost us. Right before their second he's failed to watch the line and cost himself a 1vs1, right before their 3rd he's missed a 1vs1 and his miss at the end doesn't even need mentioned.

Windass is a fucking shithouse as well. Barely seen him after the goal and combined with Goss' performances it was men against boys in the midfield again for good spells in the game. 

This genuinely hurts more than the 5-1's. We'll rarely get a better chance and it feels like we've gone out of our way to give them the points. We don't have the mentality to beat them, and we certainly won't in the semi final. 

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

We should have been all over them like a rash as soon as they were down to 10, it never even came close to happening and the amount of fannying around on the edge of their box was criminal, 2nd half was cuntish.

That’s one of the biggest regrets for me, score in the first minute then completely take our foot off the pedal. Can you imagine the tarriers doing that if they’d gone 1 up at the Paedo dome, we’d have taken a hiding. When was the last time a team won an OF game after conceding first? 

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

We should have been all over them like a rash as soon as they were down to 10, it never even came close to happening and the amount of fannying around on the edge of their box was criminal, 2nd half was cuntish.

Exactly. I was 100% sure we had them this time around with all the momentum we had built, and when Windass scored I said -  "That's it - we're off to the races." Were we fuck. Absolutely inexcusable display today, top to bottom. Had them by the throat and should have twisted, but no - back to the same old ridiculous nonsense missing sitters, horrible defending, not closing down, taking the foot off the gas...

Putrid.

12 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

That’s one of the biggest regrets for me, score in the first minute then completely take our foot off the pedal. Can you imagine the tarriers doing that if they’d gone 1 up at the Paedo dome, we’d have taken a hiding. When was the last time a team won an OF game after conceding first? 

Us last year, Miller, 1-2, unsurprisingly.

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

Simply unacceptable that we've let them come away with all the points today. Blow two leads, and at a time where we were struggling like fuck we get a break with the red and we still find a way to let them tear us open with one pass. 2nd and 3rd goals are totally unforgivable. 

Morelos just isn't a crunch moment player. Worked his arse off and generally played well for me, but there's 3 big moments where he cost us. Right before their second he's failed to watch the line and cost himself a 1vs1, right before their 3rd he's missed a 1vs1 and his miss at the end doesn't even need mentioned.

Windass is a fucking shithouse as well. Barely seen him after the goal and combined with Goss' performances it was men against boys in the midfield again for good spells in the game. 

This genuinely hurts more than the 5-1's. We'll rarely get a better chance and it feels like we've gone out of our way to give them the points. We don't have the mentality to beat them, and we certainly won't in the semi final. 

We could have had Windass off after his goal. The shrinking violet shrank again, but no doubt his acolytes will be on soon telling us all he is a talent. I know he is, but it's not in fucking football.

2 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

Maybe some of the above watched a different game from me. Morelos bullied there defence but missed a couple of chances. Needs to score those but his overall game was good.

Didn't think we bottled it at all, our final ball wasn't good enough on the day and I thought cardoso looked really shaky in defence. 

It wasn't our day.

Agree with that bit highlighted but we were bullied in midfield.   Too many mistakes with wrong choice of ball and taking too long to make the pass.  Murty should have made changes particularly as soon as they went down to 10 men.  

4 hours ago, soulboy said:

One thing learned today Goss can't cope in big games that's twice this season he's been worse than a man down

Docherty also a big let down. Few around me using his inexperience as an excuse. No excuses in this game though as we all know, not good enough 

4 hours ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Yip. Nothing new here: Dembellend scores his chance yet Morelos misses his. Windass resorts back to type after his goal. Cardoso is simply awful. Rodgers makes changes from the side lines to win the game with ten men, whilst Murty stands idle. Same old same old.

See when he takes Rogic off for the defender, why the utter fuck did he not take a midfielder off and put Cummings on? I was raging when he didn’t make a move.

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Agree with that bit highlighted but we were bullied in midfield.   Too many mistakes with wrong choice of ball and taking too long to make the pass.  Murty should have made changes particularly as soon as they went down to 10 men.  

Cummings should have been introduced right then, 15 minutes is no use to anyone.

4 hours ago, pcbear said:

Said it on another thread, what really made me angry was there was no intensity even when we had an extra man. That last half hour was painful to watch we should have been all over them instead we just strolled around and at times you would have thought it was them that had the extra man. Fucking sickening because they were there for the taking.

There are the sort of situations Murty should be learning in youth games so that if he becomes a first team manager he knows to go straight for the throat as when he didn't he lost.  An experienced manager would know that they are on the ropes and to hit them with everything, they wouldn't be making subs at 75 minutes and going through the usual routine.  He's not brave enough to manage us and take us forward long term.

3 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Last years New Year's Day game against the beggars 

Miller scored and we lost that one too

Windass shat it. When the going gets tough he retreats into his shell. Aside from the goal offered absolutely nothing. Heartbreaking seeing him prancing about the park like a limp coward. Fantastic goal aye but the game lasts 90 minutes we can't afford passengers. 

7 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

Maybe some of the above watched a different game from me. Morelos bullied there defence but missed a couple of chances. Needs to score those but his overall game was good.

Didn't think we bottled it at all, our final ball wasn't good enough on the day and I thought cardoso looked really shaky in defence. 

It wasn't our day.

Spot on mate.   He missed a sitter but rattled the defence throughout.  Shit happens and we are pissed off that we didn’t win, but we need to regroup,  whoop their arses in the semi, add 3 or 4 quality players in the summer and be ready for 55.