Anti Meltdown Thread

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, The Godfather said:

The delusional patter on here is at record highs.

Catching up :lol:

Cunts won with 10 men, missing vital players and not even turning up

Aye we are closing the gap eh

Morons 

To be fair, we more than went toe to toe with them today for the first time since being back. First half in particular. If Morelos buries either of his chances we’re probably not having this conversation. 

And we lost our best CB early on. 

And we’re also missing Dorrans, Jack, Wallace, McCrorie, Rossiter - all who are potential starters. 

3 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

If we're not close to them, why does it feel like such a fucking missed opportunity :depressed:. 

3 points it could have been down to, but now its 9. Heartbroken 

Heartbroken is losing my brother in law to cancer a few weeks ago. This is what I would call a set back on our journey back to the top. Oh and Brother in law was a big celtic fan. Puts all this into perspective. Would rather have him back than win any game of football.

50 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

To be fair, we more than went toe to toe with them today for the first time since being back. First half in particular. If Morelos buries either of his chances we’re probably not having this conversation. 

And we lost our best CB early on. 

And we’re also missing Dorrans, Jack, Wallace, McCrorie, Rossiter - all who are potential starters. 

We've had reasonable games against them since being back (albeit still not winning) but today was the opportunity for it to really count for something, circumstances were in our favour and we bottled the opportunity, arguably we did better in the December game because we at least remained organised then

The progress talk just doesn't stack up

38 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Heartbroken is losing my brother in law to cancer a few weeks ago. This is what I would call a set back on our journey back to the top. Oh and Brother in law was a big celtic fan. Puts all this into perspective. Would rather have him back than win any game of football.

Very sorry for your loss mate I've been there with close family and cancer myself in recent times

But people care passionately about Rangers and where we are, if we compare everything to life's tragedies there's arguably no point in discussing football at all

14 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Catching up? They were pish and had a player less, yet won. Really catching up

Of course we are catching up. It’s as plain as the nose on your head. 

Firstly, just compare the league table this time last year till now? It’s not even a debate. 

Further - look where we are from the day Pedro left till now? Miles better - again no debate. 

In Scottish football land they cannot get any better. To get better they would have to spend ridiculous amounts of money to compete with EPL clubs. It might stick in my throat to say it, but yes, they are the benchmark. However, another transfer window like January and I really believe we really can challenge next season. 

One bad day in here and it’s an emotional clusterfuck. It’s full of threads picking out 6/7 players and slaughtering them. 

One good day and wee cocks are pulled out and a pathetic wankfest takes place over players like Foz and Windass (who incidentally I’ve always thought are no better than squad additions) 

Any defeat against them is the bitterest of pills but I believe in players like Tav, John, Bates, McCrorie, Docherty, Jack, Morelos and Cummings - all of whom have it all in front of them. Throw in more experience like Dorrans, Murphy, Candeais and Wallace and another good transfer window then we are ready to rumble next season. 

Sorry for the optimism guys 

10 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

We've had reasonable games against them since being back (albeit still not winning) but today was the opportunity for it to really count for something, circumstances were in our favour and we bottled the opportunity, arguably we did better in the December game because we at least remained organised then

The progress talk just doesn't stack up

Yup - it was disorganised chaos once they went down to 10.

Nobody had a clue what to do except try to get it wide at all times, until forced into a rushed & rubbish cross.

Even when BA went up front for the last few minutes, it took until the last few seconds to lump a ball up to him.

No game plan, no pattern, nothing.

47 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Sorry to hear that mate but that's about as low as I've ever been after that defeat

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Yup - it was disorganised chaos once they went down to 10.

Nobody had a clue what to do except try to get it wide at all times, until forced into a rushed & rubbish cross.

Even when BA went up front for the last few minutes, it took until the last few seconds to lump a ball up to him.

No game plan, no pattern, nothing.

The efforts were pretty pathetic after that point, and after 3-2 I don't think we actually created anything aside from the Morelos sitter we just kept giving the ball away and putting in horrific crosses

I think we are getting better but still have positions that need improved.

We seemed to lose it after they went down to 10 which was frustrating.

Just glad off today as not in the mood to listen to them as they have been quiet all week so know it will be full on today.

Heard 1 say it's the first time in 6 years he's felt like that so we have them looking over there shoulders .

We need to beat them at Hampden nothing else will do .

15 hours ago, will2203 said:

Agreed?. Bates going off hurt us too. They were there for the taking. Lost goals at the wrong time and failed to take our chances. Manager should have changed things a bit earlier. BUT much better. 

Bates going off changed the game as far as I'm concerned .

injured or not he should have a contract put in front of him on at least the same cash as Cardoso .and Cardoso punted 

8 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

So victory rested on the guy on 2k a week. That speaks volumes on just why we are so fucked up.

Exactly. We are paying a lot of money for the likes of Alves and Cardoso and neither are good enough. Previous managers pics. 

5 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Very sorry for your loss mate I've been there with close family and cancer myself in recent times

But people care passionately about Rangers and where we are, if we compare everything to life's tragedies there's arguably no point in discussing football at all

That is very true mate, and thanks for your well wishes. We will fuck that mob in the Semi.

5 hours ago, surfsup2 said:

I think we are getting better but still have positions that need improved.

We seemed to lose it after they went down to 10 which was frustrating.

Just glad off today as not in the mood to listen to them as they have been quiet all week so know it will be full on today.

Heard 1 say it's the first time in 6 years he's felt like that so we have them looking over there shoulders .

We need to beat them at Hampden nothing else will do .

End up fucked it hampden again , but we will win the next wan - fucked again . We’re bottling bastards and they cunts know it 

In January a lot of good work was done by management to balance the middle and attack.  We look good going forward and once fit those currently out of the side add great options and depth.

All the January additions have been good business and the permanent acquisition of the loanees should be considered part of the January window.  

This summer should be spent on the back end, particularly the core, i.e. keeper and centre backs as well as some depth for right back.

A real commanding and younger but experienced CB, with pace to mentor Bates and McCrorie. Perhaps a second one to allow the option of playing McCrorie in the DM role for certain situations. Cordosa and Alves should see the exit door if Martin is acquired for further depth. 

Also a commanding keeper who will come out and actually catch a ball from set pieces and will push Wes to the number two spot.   If Wes does not like that then let him go and make young Kelly the backup. Jak should be shown the door. 

Its there for all to see and has been for a while.  We must focus on the back end now. In a year or two, maybe three, we have a defensive paring in Bates and McCrorie for years to come but neither is the finished article yet.