Cummings, Murphy and Martin Called up to the Scotland squad

Lloyd

If the lads really want to play in this and have ambitions to represent their national team then all the best to them I say. Am sure they know what to expect being Rangers players but personally I would like to reach a stage where we could all get back to supporting our country with pride again. Like has been said the most worrying thing with internationals is the risk of players being injured but that has always been the case. Credit to murphy for getting called up so quickly.

33 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

it's time to turn over a new leaf. I hated watching scotland recently, with Naismith, Whittaker etc, and then the "celtic 6"  - but now big ecks in charge and we have some Rangers players in the squad - with hopefully more to follow I think its time to take back a little of that which we have let go with barely a whimper. Whole family is going actually.

Naw, it’s not

Oh ffs sake Eck , what the fuck Big Man , 

James McFadden and Peter Grant have been named as new Scotland manager Alex McLeish's assistant coaches, while celtic goalkeeping coach Stevie Woods has also joined the national team.

The trio have been appointed on two-year contracts and will work alongside McLeish when Scotland host Costa Rica at Hampden later in the month.

McFadden earned iconic status in a Scotland jersey as a player, scoring 15 goals across 48 caps which included a memorable strike in Paris during McLeish's first stint in the national hotseat.

Grant, who was capped twice as a player, is to juggle coaching duties at Fulham with his new role as part of Scotland's backroom staff.

Woods, who has occupied the role of goalkeeping coach at celtic for over a decade, will now work with Hoops stopper Craig Gordon and the other keepers at national level.

6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

it's time to turn over a new leaf. I hated watching scotland recently, with Naismith, Whittaker etc, and then the "celtic 6"  - but now big ecks in charge and we have some Rangers players in the squad - with hopefully more to follow I think its time to take back a little of that which we have let go with barely a whimper. Whole family is going actually.

It has been a difficult time trying to still support Scotland for the reasons you say, but I do think we need to start getting behind the team again (those of us who can, and I understand those who cannot) and I an going to try with Eck back in charge. :thumbup:

9 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Good luck to the three lads, I hope they don't mind being booed by their own support.

this could possibly a turning point .

not that we have more than 1 selected. 

I can't see cumdog staying silent in the media if he gets booed 

5 minutes ago, left winger said:

Just saw on Facebook that there's a Union Jack Scotland Supporters Club.

'a Scotland supporters group open to all supporters of the union'.

Aye, if nationalist and fenians hadn't hijacked the national team there would be no need for a supporters group 'open to all' ffs   

The fact that people feel the need to set this group up speaks volumes about the filth that is the Tartan army.  Fuck them.

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Aye, if nationalist and fenians hadn't hijacked the national team there would be no need for a supporters group 'open to all' ffs   

The fact that people feel the need to set this group up speaks volumes about the filth that is the Tartan army.  Fuck them.

Yeah, pretty much, but I take it as a step in the right direction. 

You could also argue that unionist Scotland supporters just sat back and let it happen.