If Murty had the contract in his pocket yesterday would we have won?

Thermopylae

8 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I doubt it matters in the world of professional footballers and managers, even Murty was bleating on about his dad being a dye in the wool tim.

I don’t think it matters that much but I can see why people don’t want him, for me he’d do a good job for us and is the type of manager that would work well under a DoF

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would bite your hand off for Steve Clarke the guy's done a stellar job at Kilmarnock.  The guy has about 20 years of coaching and managerial experience in British football and we need that.  He's pragmatic, his team is hard to beat, he gets the most out of underachievers, and he's managed to scalp both Old Firm teams in recent months.  

5 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

McInnes is a name which fails to go away, particularly as Aberdeen seem to be on a downward trend now - he might be getting to that point when it is time to go. I still think Clarke will be in the running by the end of the season.

Don't even go there. McKinnes is a clueless bottle merchant and couldn't inspire a hardon in a brothel.

8 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Tactical changes during a game are a problem for him, even most subs he makes are like for like positionally.

I don't think during the game he thought about anything like the risk to him of losing v the benefits of winning.

I just don't think he was capable of tactically managing the situation whereas unfortunately Brenda did.

Agreed

Look at the comparison stats between Murty and Steve Clarke:

Capture.thumb.PNG.922f24184170dfd178a8898ad31ace29.PNG

Murty's been in charge for 20 games and earned 40 points.  Clarke's been in charge for 21 games and earned 40 points.  Both managers took over struggling sides but Clarke's team is worth a fraction of what Murty's is. 

Murty has to take the blame for not putting Cummings on along with morelos when the scum went down to ten either it was his inexperience or his bottle crashed at that particular time but it was definitely the thing to do. And the only way that himself and the players can redeem themselves is to put those horrible pedo cunts out the cup. Any other outcome will prove to me that he has not got what it takes to be the full time manager of the Rangers.i think it's fair to say as regards results against those cunts we are due a win and the management and whole team owe us after letting each and everyone of us down on Sunday.

7 hours ago, gsa said:

I said before the game that Murty was weak and wouldn't have the balls to properly press them and go for it. I was called a "disgrace" on here.

The guy is a drippy coward. 

Murty lacks baws. 

Nice guy. We don’t need a nice guy. I hoped Jimmy Nic would compensate but the gaffer needs to be the hard man with the number 2 as more of a nice guy. 

4 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Look at the comparison stats between Murty and Steve Clarke:

Capture.thumb.PNG.922f24184170dfd178a8898ad31ace29.PNG

Murty's been in charge for 20 games and earned 40 points.  Clarke's been in charge for 21 games and earned 40 points.  Both managers took over struggling sides but Clarke's team is worth a fraction of what Murty's is. 

And?

Murty has the job regardless IMO.

He’s done a reasonable job so far, which is all that can be expected given his experience. Can’t exepect miracles from him. Hopefully he and the players learn from their mistakes this weekend. 

Another strong transfer window from GM and MA and we’ll be better again. Securing Murphy and Cummings, bringing in winners at CB, CM and AM and the returns of McCrorie, Dorrans, Jack, Wallace and we’re in much better shape to challenge . 

Also helps if we can get rid of the deadwood like Herrera, Carodos, Alves, Miller, Krancjar, MOH, Dodoo etc. 

He twice tried to defend the lead he doesnt have the players for that on top of that you dont try to shut the door on the most hunted bastards in the world he is too cautious for my liking he had them an let it go

4 minutes ago, Zulu said:

He twice tried to defend the lead he doesnt have the players for that on top of that you dont try to shut the door on the most hunted bastards in the world he is too cautious for my liking he had them an let it go

I watched the highlights back. Defending was atrocious and Morelos misses horrendous. That said imho both Miller and Cummings should have replaced Goss and Windass much sooner. 

13 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Hard to see why Cummings wasn't put on when they went down to 10 so is it a fair assumption that Murty knows a draw or even narrow win yesterday wouldn't necessarily have got him the job but a bad defeat would certainty have lost him it?  I just can't see any other reason for his caution surely as a manager you must have the killer instinct and when you smell blood you have to drive home your advantage.

QM is more intelligible than your leap of logic, on this one, bud

31 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Murty has the job regardless IMO.

He’s done a reasonable job so far, which is all that can be expected given his experience. Can’t exepect miracles from him. Hopefully he and the players learn from their mistakes this weekend. 

Another strong transfer window from GM and MA and we’ll be better again. Securing Murphy and Cummings, bringing in winners at CB, CM and AM and the returns of McCrorie, Dorrans, Jack, Wallace and we’re in much better shape to challenge . 

Also helps if we can get rid of the deadwood like Herrera, Carodos, Alves, Miller, Krancjar, MOH, Dodoo etc. 

You can have all the ability in the world on the pitch. If the mentality is missing you’ll win fuck all. 

I have been saying this since Warburton started. Players with talent. Players that can make pretty patterns but where is the ruthlessness? Where is the “win at all costs” brutal streak? Who are the bastards in our ranks? The hard men? 

The streak of steel needs to be there and it needs to start from the Manager. From the time Murty did a head stand you could see that he is just too nice 

8 hours ago, Siwel said:

We’d be mental if Clarke isn’t under consideration already.

There Should be no hesitation Clarke should be approached and given the  tools he needs to fill the position. Graeme Murty needs to be given the chance to progress alongside an experienced manager. 

My problem with Murty is he is too loyal to players that are clearly not prepared or able to put in a shift. Hopefully Dorrans or Jack will be the ones to kick arse and drive the midfield on.

We need a Captain who will take no shit. 

Clarke is just the latest flavour of the week. This time last year it was Wright & McInnes and now that their form has tailed off a bit the hype has moved on to him. Nobody would have wanted Clarke a year ago, but now six months at Kilmarnock is enough for people to start clamouring for him?

Wouldn’t be questioning his integrity really.  A win in an old firm match against a superior opponent would look good on his cv. Something our last 2 managers have failed to do.

we lost the game from the 30 minute mark when for the rest of the 1st half they dominated midfield and after halftime it continued. Even with a man less they looked sharper and made better decisions with and without the ball, they have better players with title winning experience whereas we don’t.

the rebuild will take time- possibly another 2-3 windows but we’ve showed signs of improvement especially away from home. What we lack is a real mental toughness and 4-5 good first team starters that can make a difference

Murty looks to me like he significantly lacks intra game capability. 

I suspect he goes into the game with a game plan however cannot seem to adapt. 

Adapt to us getting an early goal and them being on the ropes. 

Adapt to them going to ten men. 

Adapt in general when everyone can see a change needs to be made. In general he doesn’t make changes quick enough imo.

Adapt when they have changed their plan and are clearly no longer going to press.  We played the last half hour of that game putting the ball out to the right and swinging poor ball after poor ball in  

Striks me as a thoroughly nice guy, and not one I’d be adverse to retaining a role at our club however he either lacks the experience (fair enough) or the ability we need.  I’d also question whether he has the ruthless streak required.