Rangers should look no further than Graeme Murty - The Rangers Observer

Lloyd

On 15/03/2018 at 16:53, coopscracker said:

love that it has went tits up for him, he thought he was bigger than us and our under 20's manager has scudded him twice.

prick

Hardly 'tits up' as he's on the same points with two games in hand and an easier semi final to look forward to ?

the 1st half performance yesterday was worse than vs the vermin

weve went backwards in the last month 

i dont think we should jump the gun to replace GM but to say we should look no further is utter bollocks. We should always be looking to improve. Even if we had Alex Ferguson as manager and Messi as a striker we should always be on the lookout for better options and ways to improve our squad and staff, no one should be irreplaceable 

Murty has blown his chance. He knows it and, more importantly, the players know it and it is now showing in performances. I still believe that our best XI, properly prepared and set up, are as good as any in this league including the scum. The board must be thinking there’s no point in revolution at this stage and to let Murty take us to the end of the season but I really hope they have someone poised to start work ASAP after our final meaningful game.

I suspect the board must have someone else lined up. Murty has done his best but it's too early in his career for the Rangers Managers job full time. The most important signing we can make now is as top class manager as we can If that means not as much on players that's fine by me. A class manager will get more out of a squad and be worth the money. If we had one from the start of the season we would not be far away. Even if we had been able to replace Pedro with one I think the league with this present squad would not have been a million miles away. 

Really is an eye opener reading these threads from the start and watching how quick things can change in football. 

Murty is not the answer, yes he’s a decent coach and if the game starts well for us it’s all good. But he doesn’t have the first clue on what to do if we start slowly or something happens during a game that needs quick tactical changes (eg celtic red card, Motherwell on the ropes and the game there for the taking to name just 2) he is just another Warburton. If it’s not working just do it better until it does is laughable for any manager never mind the manager of Rangers. 

He isn’t the answer, we are going to finish 3rd if not 4th if things continue as the have   . Not long ago finishing second and a cup final was pass marks for him, are the goalposts going to get moved again by the usual crew in here that back any manager no matter what. 

I don't think that we can afford another season with Murty in charge but all the alternative names being bandied about come with a degree of risk.

The need for change at the top is clear but I am dreading another roll of the dice. It can only be a case of fingers crossed we get it right this time.

4 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Sometimes I think we deserve everything we get at times, we have some right mongos in our support

And some are high posters that are never off here gathering "likes" like it's sweeties . Totally baffles me

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Any new manager is going to come with risk. But it's clear we need to take the chance as murty is not a long term answer.

Board have clearly written this season off so I wouldn't expect a new manager until the summer. 

Our great leader is just about to come into a shedload of money. He could get in an experienced manager thus minimising the risk and a nice wee budget for the squad and still have more money left than a horse can shit. 

PS and that just one of his families trusts. 

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Murty blew any chance he had with that embarrassment at Ibrox, us being beaten by a 10 man filth, any Rangers board would or should have his card marked after that.

I think his card has been marked and unfortunately for us will impact on results for the remainder of the season.

4 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Murty blew any chance he had with that embarrassment at Ibrox, us being beaten by a 10 man filth, any Rangers board would or should have his card marked after that.

Followed by the Killie debacle should’ve seen him booted back to the U20’s 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Our great leader is just about to come into a shedload of money. He could get in an experienced manager thus minimising the risk and a nice wee budget for the squad and still have more money left than a horse can shit. 

PS and that just one of his families trusts. 

The problem is he won't, even know he can. He'll let murty plod along until the summer. 

If there was any ambition or proper leadership a experienced manager would be in the door right away. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Followed by the Killie debacle should’ve seen him booted back to the U20’s 

In all honesty, he should have never been promoted from the under 20's.

The King cheerleaders are very quiet though...

...'auspicious' springs to mind :sarcasm:

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Of course he shouldn't have and i said at the time i didn't think it would end well as you would need to be blind to see he was being hung out to dry by the board.

They have used his nice guy persona to buy them a little time as fans were reluctant to turn on him but inevitably they have, it's a shame because he will be lost to the club and the good work he had been doing at the academy with Mulholland will need someone else to carry it on.

Shambles of a situation and these 'fans groups' are nowhere to be seen, what's different between this and the time McDowell was left in charge? Also we finish the season with 5 loanees, like we did with the Newcastle lot, but the silence is deafening.

You make a lot of very valid points.  There is no question the support is split on the board I think the majority accept that Murty isn’t the answer and it’s a shame he won’t be able to carry on his work with the youths, even if asked to stay I think he will go.

The board got the club back which most (not all) wanted but they’ve blown it by quite bizarre appointments and the support realise that without massive change the scum will do 10 and possibly more.  No question this coming summer will define things for a very long time.  I have to say I’m not confident we’ll get this right. 

48 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

In all honesty, he should have never been promoted from the under 20's.

The King cheerleaders are very quiet though...

...'auspicious' springs to mind :sarcasm:

Never going to bite the hand that feeds them, worse than the ex players/staff that won’t see a bad word mentioned about Sir Minty.