Windass Hits Back On Twitter

48 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

The boy gets stick 24/7 off his own fans, he's only human he's going to bite on certain comments.

He's not even said anything bad there he's probably referring to the data they track during games in terms of his work rate etc. 

We've honestly got a lot better things to be worrying about. Fs.

He makes himself available on twitter where every loon of the day has access to him. God only knows how many of that lot pose as Rangers fans on social media. I don’t know why the club doesn’t ban it for players, although in theory it could very little good is achieved from it. 

You are right he hasn’t said much there but if he didn’t lack self awareness he would realise that there is some substance to the criticisms that seem to irk him so much. 

I find it curious that comments from our own support provoke such a reaction yet when celtic players are swanning around Ibrox like they own it the grass all of a sudden becomes very interesting (that applies to more than him btw)

8 minutes ago, Siwel said:

17 goals and 8 assists..not bad for an empty shirt

That is correct but with proper application and attitude for the full 90 minutes these stats could be off the scale, then again of he was  at the top of his game consistantly he would not be at Rangers.

Agree with @Siwel he's hardly an empty shirt. I think most fans would agree that he struggles for consistency in games and this can be the most frustrating thing but for someone soo inconsistent he does well to create and score goals. 

He's still a young enough lad that he's improved massively from last season and can get better next season, social media has shown that he still needs to grow up a bit and not bite,  however I feel our frustration at not beating the tims is influencing how unfairly we treat some of our players.

23 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We are a football club and we have a player who is an empty shirt most of the time who thinks he’s working his arse off and can do no wrong. 

Just what else are we supposed to be worrying about??

Empty shirt? He's got 6 assists and 12 goals alone in the league. 

What else? maybe the fact the board we've got have led us from one managerial disaster to another while the tarriers run away with 10 in a row. 

Our chairman wants to limit the possible candidates in an already small pool because of a British candidates only remit. 

We're lending 3m off close brothers for what? and at how much interest rate? 

Do I need to go on? Feel free to crack on moaning about a daft tweet tho, I'll stick to worrying about what actually matters.

12 minutes ago, pcbear said:

That is correct but with proper application and attitude for the full 90 minutes these stats could be off the scale, then again of he was  at the top of his game consistantly he would not be at Rangers.

Exactly mate, he drifts in and out of games a lot of players are like that. 

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

The boy gets stick 24/7 off his own fans, he's only human he's going to bite on certain comments.

He's not even said anything bad there he's probably referring to the data they track during games in terms of his work rate etc. 

Does the data they track tell you how much of the effort is spent in the right direction?

he takes a lot of shit for his performances when at times he is not the worst on the park but is still singled out, some of us should be looking at the performance of those around him and what he is getting from them to work with, not saying he doesn't deserve criticism but it is at times ott, as for social media should be renamed unsocial media and banned from players activities,

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

100%

we would be even further in the shit if it wasn't for him.

folk need to get off his back 

27 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Empty shirt? He's got 6 assists and 12 goals alone in the league. 

What else? maybe the fact the board we've got have led us from one managerial disaster to another while the tarriers run away with 10 in a row. 

Our chairman wants to limit the possible candidates in an already small pool because of a British candidates only remit. 

We're lending 3m off close brothers for what? and at how much interest rate? 

Do I need to go on? Feel free to crack on moaning about a daft tweet tho, I'll stick to worrying about what actually matters.

I’m not moaning about a tweet. 

Im moaning about a player that thinks he can do no wrong on the pitch when most of the time he’s a man down. 

He wants to admit he is far from great when the goals don’t go in then I’m all ears but to for him to. Liam he’s a grafter and works his arse off is just talking pish. 

14 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Does the data they track tell you how much of the effort is spent in the right direction?

Wouldn't know but probably, you can get data for everything these days. I'm not big into this new data craze, call me old fashioned but goals and assists is what I look at and he's near the top in both. 

Josh Windass tweeting that is the least of our worries. 

16 minutes ago, devref said:

he takes a lot of shit for his performances when at times he is not the worst on the park but is still singled out, some of us should be looking at the performance of those around him and what he is getting from them to work with, not saying he doesn't deserve criticism but it is at times ott, as for social media should be renamed unsocial media and banned from players activities,

Those around him aren’t telling all on Twitter that they working their arse off when it’s plainly obvious he isn’t. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I’m not moaning about a tweet. 

Im moaning about a player that thinks he can do no wrong on the pitch when most of the time he’s a man down. 

He wants to admit he is far from great when the goals don’t go in then I’m all ears but to for him to. Liam he’s a grafter and works his arse off is just talking pish. 

How can you say he's most of the time a man down with the goals and assists he's got this season.

Did anyone get near the goals and assists he's got so far in the whole of last season? The boy has come on leaps and bounds since being moved into his correct position. 

Could he do more? course he could, he's got plenty to work on. Does he come across like a dafty at times? yes but if I got constant stick off my own fans yet contributing more than most then i'd be one too at times.

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

How can you say he's most of the time a man down with the goals and assists he's got this season.

Did anyone get near the goals and assists he's got so far in the whole of last season? The boy has come on leaps and bounds since being moved into his correct position. 

Could he do more? course he could, he's got plenty to work on. Does he come across like a dafty at times? yes but if I got constant stick off my own fans yet contributing more than most then i'd be one too at times.

some people just dont like him, he is their whipping boy and nothing you say will change that.

fuck them.

7 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

So he pops up scores a goal then goes missing for the rest of the game, we lose said game and he goes on Twitter to tell us all he’s working his arse off and we are supposed to happy about his attitude. 

If he kept his mouth shut and worked on his game as much as he likes the sound of his own voice then maybe he would be the player he thinks he is

2 minutes ago, gers31 said:

He should be benched so we can have two up front windass does score but he is never in the game after the first 30min 

Compare it to Morelos, scores the same amount of goals, does work his arse off for the team and gets benched or subbed for Cummings most games. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Compare it to Morelos, scores the same amount of goals, does work his arse off for the team and gets benched or subbed for Cummings most games. 

Agree mate only reason windass is in the starting line up every week is because Murty has a wank over him he maybe be a better impact player to throw on the last 30min of a match 

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So he pops up scores a goal then goes missing for the rest of the game, we lose said game and he goes on Twitter to tell us all he’s working his arse off and we are supposed to happy about his attitude. 

If he kept his mouth shut and worked on his game as much as he likes the sound of his own voice then maybe he would be the player he thinks he is

Guessing your talking about the tarrier game? He did go missing after his goal.

But to blame Josh Windass for that defeat shows no point in trying to reason with you. We lost that game due to a few things, our centre halves being awful, Murty not having a clue how to react to Rodgers change. You could even blame the wee man buffalo not that I did. 

Josh Windass scored a goal on two minutes and did nothing rest of the game. He still contributed far more than Sean Goss, wheres the hate for him?