Windass Hits Back On Twitter

His attitude has always been in question which is frustrating as he's clearly talented and the stats totally back up that he's an asset.

I'd love to get a 90-minute performance out of him. I think the way things are heading, he could find himself on the bench and coming on as an impact player the way Novo went with us.

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Fucking baffling how folk can take issue with someone who has 17 goals and 8 assists. 3rd top scorer in the league just 1 goal behind Morelos. 

Yeah the boy can go missing but that can be for different reasons and not purely because "he's shitey". If the midfield is overrun by opposition players, then he'll not get any decent runs in. If he's getting closed down tight again he won't have space and if the team is sitting back while being attacked then he's not going to be there because it's not his duty to defend it's his duty to be there to get the ball to start a counter but again that counts on other players defending the ball and getting it out too him. Furthermore, he doesn't need to be on the ball to be doing work. He can be dragging defenders out of position for someone else to get a chance. He's more than entitled to hit back at cunts who blissfully forget about what he can do, what he's done and what he will keep doing for the club

and kingkennymiller can take a fuck to himself, 110% sure you're a fucking taig anyway.

He's not a taig

47 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He’s been played as a striker in 5 games this season and we’ve won all 5. 

EDIT: Including games at Pittodrie & Easter Road. 

So Windass played as an out and out striker in all those 5 games?? 

You want to tell us where he has played in all the games we lost???

48 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Criticism of Windass and other players on here is embarrassing. 

Try supporting the players- it’s not difficult. 

I support all the player, but I’m not going to sit and listen to one of them tell us he’s a hardworking grafter when he isn’t. 

If he wants to tell us he has an eye for a goal but he can drift out of games far to often then we would be getting somewhere. 

20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So Windass played as an out and out striker in all those 5 games?? 

You want to tell us where he has played in all the games we lost???

Yes he played in a front 2 in all 5 of the games. 

It's obviously not soley down to him, but we had landed on a system that suited most of our players and meant we weren't being dominated in midfield, something we can't do in the current system with Windass. 

I kind of agree with the guys comments. I also think it's fair enough for Josh to reply and hopefully he'll prove a lot of people (me included) wrong because there's definitely talent there.

Despite some decent stats I'd have Dorrans in that position when he's fit.

54 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Should be replaced with Miller for the rest of the season.

Miss having a player running about everywhere and anywhere and rarely being where he should be but at least trying. Might win himself a new deal too.

Quite funny that Miller 'trys' just as much as anybody but is hated, yet if Windass does then he'll apparently be loved :lol: 

This is the problem with Windass, thinks he’s Maradona already and he’s achieved fuck all in his career. Replying to trolling fans on Twitter is also never a good idea and just makes him look a right tit.

I’m not into fans attacking players on social media but in any line of work if you ignore criticism, no matter who it’s from then you’re never going to improve. Maybe Josh would be well served to sit down and assess whether he’s really giving us his all for 90 minutes every week.

That being said, I’m with the troll get him out in the summer

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Quite funny that Miller 'trys' just as much as anybody but is hated, yet if Windass does then he'll apparently be loved :lol: 

I don’t think Miller is hated, I think it’s just time to move on as far as almost everyone is concerned and it has been for a while.

9 minutes ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

This is the problem with Windass, thinks he’s Maradona already and he’s achieved fuck all in his career. Replying to trolling fans on Twitter is also never a good idea and just makes him look a right tit.

I’m not into fans attacking players on social media but in any line of work if you ignore criticism, no matter who it’s from then you’re never going to improve. Maybe Josh would be well served to sit down and assess whether he’s really giving us his all for 90 minutes every week.

That being said, I’m with the troll get him out in the summer

There is a difference between "criticism" and constant abuse. 

2 hours ago, MasterD said:

Should be replaced with Miller for the rest of the season.

Miss having a player running about everywhere and anywhere and rarely being where he should be but at least trying. Might win himself a new deal too.

I hope you are on the wind up....... a headless chicken v our top goal scorer. No brainer for me even if he is frustrating at times.

6 hours ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Dear Josh,

You attitude will always be in question.

You're delusional if you think you can fool the Rangers supporters who watch your half-hearted efforts week in week out.

Should take lessons from his old man in attitude and effort. Would be half decent in that case. 

5 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

The boy gets stick 24/7 off his own fans, he's only human he's going to bite on certain comments.

He's not even said anything bad there he's probably referring to the data they track during games in terms of his work rate etc. 

We've honestly got a lot better things to be worrying about. Fs.

You’ll not last long standing up for our players on here. 11 goals in 9 games but is accused of ‘going missing’ and in the of game even scored ( whilst being missing!) - there’s always a whooping boy for our support - it’s Windass at the moment! 

Has this bitterness towards Windass gotten worse since the crowd 'shushing' nonsense?

Maybe if he were subbed now again when he turns into the Invisible man, the fans would be more forgiving?

Twitter? If you're going to give it,then get used to getting it back:duh: