Windass Hits Back On Twitter

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Nobody lauded him to my memory, people cut him some slack for getting caught up in the moment and reacting the way he did.

Your memory is playing tricks. The debate was whether he was celebrating the tackle or psyching himself up. Overwhelmingly bar a few (me being one?) he received praise. For the tackle and reaction.

Anyways that's been done to death now. He clearly can't even make that tackle anymore ☹

8 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Your memory is playing tricks. The debate was whether he was celebrating the tackle or psyching himself up. Overwhelmingly bar a few (me being one?) he received praise. For the tackle and reaction.

Anyways that's been done to death now. He clearly can't even make that tackle anymore ☹

He's fucking mince but that wasn't my take from that wee event.

Bates has shown him how to defend properly.

43 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Sean Goss did less than Windass yet Windass went missing for 88 mins.

Alves? Hopeless

Cardoso? Honkin

Murty? Clueless

Looking to point the finger look at any of the names above all who contributed far less than Josh.

That’s exactly the problem. 

Because he’s done slightly more than someone who’s done nothing, or is slightly better than someone who’s shite, he thinks he can stop there and it’s enough. 

It’s why he’ll never truly be taken to by the fans, and why he’ll never be a starter in a league winning Rangers team IMO: 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

He scored after 2 minutes (a terrific goal at that), and then disappeared for the next 90. 

It was like we were playing with 10 men. 

You can’t decide you’re done for the day because you’ve scored. It’s a team effort. 

It was like playing with 10 men?so who were the other 10 then?

Plenty of Rangers players were well below par including Windass so I think you're being kind to the other 10 and unfair on Windass to single him out.

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

That’s exactly the problem. 

Because he’s done slightly more than someone who’s done nothing, or is slightly better than someone who’s shite, he thinks he can stop there and it’s enough. 

It’s why he’ll never truly be taken to by the fans, and why he’ll never be a starter in a league winning Rangers team IMO: 

So the real reasons as to why we got beat i.e Alves, Cardoso & Murty get off scot free? You’d rather take the opportunity to dig out Windass again when he done more than half the team that day albeit 2 minutes.

Makes zero sense.

The boy has contributed far more than the majority of our squad yet he takes the most criticism by far. 

10 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

So the real reasons as to why we got beat i.e Alves, Cardoso & Murty get off scot free? You’d rather take the opportunity to dig out Windass again when he done more than half the team that day albeit 2 minutes.

Makes zero sense.

The boy has contributed far more than the majority of our squad yet he takes the most criticism by far. 

It’s the Windass thread, and he’s sending out nonsense on twitter about how his effort can never be questioned. He brings it on himself, because it blatantly can be questioned. 

Have a read on any of the Cardoso, Alves, Goss or even Docherty threads and they get it badly too - as they should. But they’re not shooshing fans, and mouthing off on twitter despite having won nothing and being part of a Rangers side with the worst home record in more than 100 years. 

14 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s the Windass thread, and he’s sending out nonsense on twitter about how his effort can never be questioned. He brings it on himself, because it blatantly can be questioned. 

Have a read on any of the Cardoso, Alves, Goss or even Docherty threads and they get it badly too - as they should. But they’re not shooshing fans, and mouthing off on twitter despite having won nothing and being part of a Rangers side with the worst home record in more than 100 years. 

They get nowhere near what Windass does, and he’s contributed a lot more than they can

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

He scored after 2 minutes (a terrific goal at that), and then disappeared for the next 90. 

It was like we were playing with 10 men. 

You can’t decide you’re done for the day because you’ve scored. It’s a team effort. 

Oh I agree, although him disappearing for the rest of the game was him basically putting in a team effort considering the rest of them done exactly that anawl. 

He just takes more stick than the rest of them for it

20 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They get nowhere near what Windass does, and he’s contributed a lot more than they can

He also mouths off far more than them. He’s got talent, but he’s thick as fuck. Makes dreadful choices at times.