Windass Hits Back On Twitter

16 hours ago, Essandoh said:

You are not honestly going to sit here and tell me that Windass didn’t disappear after scoring in the OF? You are not honestly going to sit here and tell me that.

That is delusion at its best. When the going gets tough, he shits the bed every single time.

Not my perception of him or his game - he is a flair player that can seem to drift in and out of games - but that is his game ( now I’m not suggesting he is anywhere in this mans league) and Davie Cooper was like that - could be anonomous for long periods and ‘go missing’ but that’s the way it is. Windass is always looking for the ball and for space and making runs- being a hard tackling midfielder who chases back is NOT his game but his assists and goals are what define his overall contribution and make him an asset to the game. 

It seems he is just the latest whipping boy and your one of the ones who has jumped on that band wagon.

10 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s the Windass thread, and he’s sending out nonsense on twitter about how his effort can never be questioned. He brings it on himself, because it blatantly can be questioned. 

Have a read on any of the Cardoso, Alves, Goss or even Docherty threads and they get it badly too - as they should. But they’re not shooshing fans, and mouthing off on twitter despite having won nothing and being part of a Rangers side with the worst home record in more than 100 years. 

None of them get anywhere near the stick Windass does and none of them have done anywhere near as much for Rangers in terms of winning games for us. 

You really think he would be shooshing fans if he was being backed and didn't get abuse 24/7? if that dafty doesn't tweet him then he doesn't get the reply and this thread wouldn't exist. The same lad if he seen him in the street would probably be over asking for a photo hangin out of him. 

4 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I can’t grt my head round the comments that Windass disappeared after he scored. For one, if Morelos had scored that sitter near the end it would be all so different. Who made the driving run and got his shot away forcing the keeper into only palming it out to Morelos? 

Players like Windass are all about moments. Like wingers you are hoping they will produce 3-4 moments of magic in a game. In an OF game maybe just one. 

What did Dembele and that Edouard guy do other than score? But they’re heroes! 

Spot on. One of our most celebrated players Davie Cooper used to do about 4-5 pieces of magic in a game, and often went missing for whole matches at a time.

Windass is a luxury player, he gets you goals and assists, and generally will make the highlight reel. I think if he could be coached to press better then he'd be undroppable, and it would also make us a more stable side without the ball.

Personally I think he's best played in a 2 upfront, almost as a "shadow striker". He bullied Hibs and Aberdeen with his pace, and against sides who have a high back-line his pace is too useful to have him sitting in midfield.

Windass is probably one of the stupidest players we've ever had, he's a walking advert for sticking in at school but there's something endearing about him, I don't think he'll ever be a guy you will call captain material but I genuinely think if he had warriors beside him he'd flourish, stick him in their team and he'd look like a better player because he'd have bullys beside him looking after him, we need that.

11 hours ago, gogzy said:

mental thread slating the fuck out of one of out best performers of the season.

mental mental shit.

This. Honestly, a lot of our fans are fuckng arseholes of the highest order. Before the OF game we were lauding the team, and then after losing the game- which we should have got at least a draw-  we are back to the same old slating of all and sundry. Absolute pricks. We abuse our own more than we do the taigs! 

1 hour ago, Chineseboy said:

This. Honestly, a lot of our fans are fuckng arseholes of the highest order. Before the OF game we were lauding the team, and then after losing the game- which we should have got at least a draw-  we are back to the same old slating of all and sundry. Absolute pricks. We abuse our own more than we do the taigs! 

What he said. Schizophrenia Loyal Rangers Supporters Club. 

One win - wankfest and quotes like eg love his pressers, fuckin brilliant transfer window, reminds me of Ian Durrant, worth over£12m, canny wait till Sunday we are gonna pump them - 

a defeat? Murty blows ostriches, that cunts an imposter, ah fuckin hate him, get the Board tae fuck, sell the dick 

and you’re spot on. Some of the abuse directed to players and former players on here a rhabid taig couldn’t dream up. 

1 hour ago, Chineseboy said:

Not everyone got that carried away 

Then we followed up with that pathetic Kilmarnock performance 

On 21/03/2018 at 09:25, Smell the hotdog said:

The boy gets stick 24/7 off his own fans, he's only human he's going to bite on certain comments.

He's not even said anything bad there he's probably referring to the data they track during games in terms of his work rate etc. 

We've honestly got a lot better things to be worrying about. Fs.

Most sensible post of the year goes to...

16 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Windass is probably one of the stupidest players we've ever had, he's a walking advert for sticking in at school but there's something endearing about him, I don't think he'll ever be a guy you will call captain material but I genuinely think if he had warriors beside him he'd flourish, stick him in their team and he'd look like a better player because he'd have bullys beside him looking after him, we need that.

Nah, Cummings is endearing, Windass is the exact opposite imo

3 minutes ago, kenny6131 said:

Fans chasing those sort of stats out the club yet creaming over morelos 50 pence heed who can't score from 3 yards into an empty net. 

Fuck off, you’re having a go at folk for slagging Windass off and then saying that about our joint top scorer?