Rangers Legends this Saturday

JCDBigBear

9 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I'm going to be honest I thoroughly enjoyed it today. It was a good laugh and I found it thoroughly entertaining. I thought the second half just whizzed by and I couldn' believe it when I looked at the time and there was only one minute left. The non legends were hilarious especially Grado.  He couldn' even score when Allys team stood back and let him. Then the officials were brilliant.  The linesman shrugging his shoulders and Grado sending off the ref. Everyone got involved and it was brilliant. The weans loved it and would certainly go back. 

Wee Boab must be about 3ft 6 !!! 

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Hence why they should have made it a competition for fans to win the places and raise more money for the charity in the process. Just my opinion.

Imagine leaving at half time of a legends charity game because the game's shite :lol:

41 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Never really bother with these charity/legends games tbh but I had nothing else on today so went along for the day out. In all honesty I thought it was brutal and left at half time and I was surprised at how many others did the same.

Maybe I'm being overly critical but it's a sad day when we can't even pull enough "legends" together to field 2 teams and instead have to top the squads up with River City actors and youth players. Should have done a draw amongst the fans to fill the extra places if that was the case, even at a tenner a head to enter I'm sure it would have raised a fortune for the charities.

Zzzzzz. Gees peace man.

Must be tiring whinging about absolutely everything, some amount of sad cases on these forums.

3 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Imagine leaving at half time of a legends charity game because the game's shite :lol:

As I said, I don't usually bother with them at all but was at a loose end today and decided to go along. Plenty of kids seemed to be enjoying themselves, plenty of others didn't enjoy it as much and left at the same time as myself. I don't see the issue with leaving early, I was hardly down at the ticket office demanding a refund :lol:

I would have asumed the youth were playing as that is one of benefactors of todays intake.  Celebs playing was an added bit of entertainment today and it was a good laugh watching Grado.

I really enjoyed it today and was good to see McCoist enjoyed it as well.  Makes you wonder if the central defenders today would do a better job in our first team :lol:

15 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Hence why they should have made it a competition for fans to win the places and raise more money for the charity in the process. Just my opinion.

Random fans add nothing for the crowd though. Grado and Boab did.

Perhaps a mix of celebs and a fan or two.

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Got one of the biggest cheers when the teams were read out...

Not even surprised ... the boyhood Liverpool fan who can do no fucking wrong ... no wonder I stay well clear of these things

11 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Got one of the biggest cheers when the teams were read out...

Not only that, he got a round of Super Ally. He got a great reception throughout.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Not only that, he got a round of Super Ally. He got a great reception throughout.

...or shite reception depending on your point of view of course.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Never really bother with these charity/legends games tbh but I had nothing else on today so went along for the day out. In all honesty I thought it was brutal and left at half time and I was surprised at how many others did the same.

Maybe I'm being overly critical but it's a sad day when we can't even pull enough "legends" together to field 2 teams and instead have to top the squads up with River City actors and youth players. Should have done a draw amongst the fans to fill the extra places if that was the case, even at a tenner a head to enter I'm sure it would have raised a fortune for the charities.

You were dying to boo the teams at half time but shat it didn't you?