Your five man managerial shortlist.

DBBTB

Apparently The Daily Record Rangers podcast discussed five people who might be “candidates” for the Rangers job this Summer on this weeks episode.

The five managers they discussed were:

1. Steve Clarke

2. Roberto Martinez

3. Slavan Bilic

4. Derek McInnes

5. Frank de Boer

I’ve seen a few people starting to post the guys who would be on their shortlist in the MPH thread so if you were asked to come to the board with a five man shortlist, who would be on it?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 5 choices would be 

Neil Warnock

Sam Allardyce 

Jack Ross 

Lee Johnson 

Slavisa Jokanovic

in no particular order 

I think Clarke and McInnes would do a good job with us but they both fucked it - Clarke with his comments and McInnes with his actions.

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

End of season is it not?

It is but I'm sure he will be kept on or find another job down their he's one of the managers who never seem to be out a job and just jump from payday to payday.

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Apparently The Daily Record Rangers podcast discussed five people who might be “candidates” for the Rangers job this Summer on this weeks episode.

1. Steve Clarke

2. Roberto Martinez

3. Slavan Bilic

4. Derek McInnes

5. Frank de Boer

I’ve seen a few people starting to post the guys who would be on their shortlist in the MPH thread so if you were asked to come to the board with a five man shortlist, who would be on it?

giphy.gif

Interesting to note that none of the lists put forward so far, including the DR list, has Murty in it.  Seems that on stuff posted so far  Murty would not even make a short list of 5.   

That, I think, perhaps tells us that albeit on a small sample of posts so far it'd be anyone but Murty.

6 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Interesting to note that none of the lists put forward so far, including the DR list, has Murty in it.  Seems that on stuff posted so far  Murty would not even make a short list of 5.   

That, I think, perhaps tells us that albeit on a small sample of posts so far it'd be anyone but Murty.

Id keep Murty rather than take a gamble on some of the names mentioned

7 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I wouldn’t say anyone but Murty - we could still do a lot, lot worse even if he’s not the right man either. 

41 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

1. Steve Clarke

2. Roberto Martinez

3. Slavan Bilic

4. Derek McInnes

5. Frank de Boer

The only reason we won't go for Clarke is that he doesn't play possession-based attacking football that our board seem to be desperate to play. Him or Warnock would be a great appointment

I think we'll end up with de Boer, who I think would be the worst appointment on that list (just behind Martinez)

Archived