Rangers Eyeing Summer Swoop For Louis Moult

Moult would give us a different option from the bench. I’m not sure how much he would cost though. The talk when he went to Preston was that they gave him £10,000 a week, which was ten times what he warned at Motherwell. To match that wage over a three year deal, plus pay a transfer fee you are probably looking at a 2 million pound package and I’m not sure if he’s worth that sort of investment.

Moult's record up here is very good indeed.  More so when you consider he was playing for a very poor Motherwell side.  He scored 15 league goals two years running and had already got 8 for this season before Preston signed him.  He scores at this level and moreover his physicality and willingness to battle is a real asset.

5 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Haven't taken much notice of Kipre but if you're a 21 year old playing for Motherwell and you're getting into the Ivory Coast squad you must have something about you

Big, strong, fast and physical from what I’ve seen of him. 

Limited footballing ability. Plenty potential though. I’d imagine he’d do well at us if he had a more experienced partner alongside him. 

No idea what kind of fee we’d be looking at though. 

I would take him in a heartbeat. I wanted him in the summer and I think he was top scorer in Scotland before he announced he was leaving this season.The comparisons with Garner seem mad because we know Moult can score up here as he has done it regularly over the last few years in a poor team - including against us. Garner couldnt score more than Kenny Miller.

15 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I would take him in a heartbeat. I wanted him in the summer and I think he was top scorer in Scotland before he announced he was leaving this season.The comparisons with Garner seem mad because we know Moult can score up here as he has done it regularly over the last few years in a poor team - including against us. Garner couldnt score more than Kenny Miller.

Garner would have banged goals in if he’d stayed this season imo