Simply The Best

BLUEDIGNITY

My all time favourite Rangers player. Broke my heart when I heard the dreadful news that he had collapsed and died taking a coaching session with some youngsters.

One of Scotlands greatest ever players too.

Remember his contribution in the Wales game that took us to the world cup in 86'.Magnificent show of courage to step up and put away the penalty that took us to the finals.

Tonight’s friendly for Scotland v Costa Rica is quite poignant.

Coop was in great form in 1990, but suffered a broken toe, leaving him to be left out of the World Cup.

Scotland lost 1-0 to Costa Rica which proved enough to see them out.

Was the sort of game that you could have played an, even, 50% fit Davie, and he would have delivered enough with his good foot to see us home.

Was a sad day, one of the boys I know was down with them making the programme when he passed away, the boy played for Clyde at the time, it's basically 5mins from my house, strange thinking he passed away there. 

Great player that I was lucky to see, sometimes you could tell he just couldn't be bothered, but other times he was just brilliant, was always a murmur of anticipation when he got the ball to see what he was going to do.

As for his moaning, think he would be fun and straight to the point to listen to him talk about Rangers with the position we are in just now, think he would be cursing everything and everyone. 

My dads favourite player ever. Far too young to see Coop in the flesh, but have seen the Super Cooper dvd countless times. My dad is from Clydebank and believes he’s the greatest footballer he has ever seen when he is in the mood that’s how much he rates them.

He played for the club he loved.