Niko is gone

Lloyd

10 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

Fuck him should have fucked off when the bread man did. Sitting about getting appearance money contributing absolutely fuck all. He's a theif in my eyes cos he knew he was a has been.

Footballer in earning wage shocker.

Warburton went to the States to beg him to come, how can he be at all blamed?

Was ecstatic when we signed him, standout alongside Bale and Modric on Tottenham’s Euro run. Was never blessed with pace but fuck knows what Warburton saw when he watched him - as others have said if we had him in his prime it would have been a different story.

Had unbelievable quality and I feel for him that he never had the impact here that he wanted.

He could have stayed in the US on bigger money than he came here for but decided to take the challenge on at a proper football club instead and try to win trophies.

I remember watching him being the line breaker in the spurs team with Bale, Modric, Van Der Vaart and Defoe playing with him and drooling over his passing quality and vision.

10 minutes ago, BEE said:

Footballer in stealing a wage shocker.

Was ecstatic when we signed him, standout alongside Bale and Modric on Tottenham’s Euro run. Was never blessed with pace but fuck knows what Warburton saw when he watched him - as others have said if we had him in his prime it would have been a different story.

If my mammy had a dick n all that. He knew he was done. Should have fucked off a year ago.

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

I think it did in all honesty

:tu:

I had high expectations he would do us a turn due to his pedigree ... but he must have left that in quarantine when he landed from the States and never bothered to fetch it after the requisite period was over .... :p:

Hindsight ....  as you have now quoted mate .... is unfortunately the only winner here ..... again we have had to foot the bill for yet another "what might have been" ...... and we still have a few more to shift who fall into that category ..... when will we ever learn?

:UK:

21 minutes ago, BEE said:

Footballer in earning wage shocker.

Earning lol.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Unless there's some underlying issue, a man of that age should never be in the condition he was whilst earning what he was.

Never put the effort in that was required. Wage thief is about right.

Exactly. The guy was 31 when we signed him he should have had years left in him, especially at the level we play at. A shocking signing and I'm not going to wish him well just because he's left a couple of months before his contracts up anyway, he should have been binned last summer when it was clear to everyone he didn't have the heart / legs / mobility for it.

Good luck to him and fair play for negotiating a pay off rather than sitting on his arse getting every last penny of his contract like he would have been well within his rights to do.

It’s sad that it seems his legs have gone, you could tell there was once real class there just unfortunately for us it was too late.

6 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Just how many times have we been done with the last pay cheque (big name used to be good) players? lets hope there is no more rocking up at Ibrox based on past glories.

About 90% of folk on here wanted our current no9 to get another year. Almost as if he wasn't going to age. 4 goals return this season. We must've topped up some amount of hefty pension pots over the years.

He was never gonna do well in a team that opponents aren't scared of and close down quickly.

Teams press us.

If was given space to be fancy, like the way teams give the Taigs 10 yards of space, then he would have done okay up here.