Niko is gone

Lloyd

13 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Some on here seem to think mutual agreement is a handshake and move on. 

Its the Rangers way with all the donkeys we sign , pay them off to get rid..........

How else were we to get rid of him :lol:

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Mutual agreement means he's agreed to a fee with the club , a fee that both agreed on.

Guy was another ridiculous signing.......

Do you think anyone believes anyone will have accepted to terminate their contract for nothing?

One thing is for certain, this benefitted Niko as well as the club. So it’s a positive and the player deserves some respect for accepting he has no future at the club and accepting a reduced amount of monetary compensation from the club.

39 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Its the Rangers way with all the donkeys we sign , pay them off to get rid..........

Maybe you are getting the wrong end of the stick, or is that not possible in your eyes? :lol:

11 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

It didn't work out for him at Rangers, but then again it was always going to be an uphill struggle for him playing in Scottish football.     

But credit at least for agreeing a mutual early termination of his contract.   It's save some money -probably not a lot in the big scheme of things in a 'heavy' (as Murty described it) squad - but nevertheless he was prepared to go early and that should hopefully have saved a few pounds.

Wonder which other players will be heading for the exit door either because their contracts are up in summer or because they are not playing and not likely to play.   For instance, is Miller's contract not up in summer - will he be invited to stay or will he quietly move on;   MOH - not playing; Dodoo - not playing and so on.   That 'heavy' squad will need to shrink quite a bit I think.  That then brings into question who the manager will be and what his views will be on who stays and who goes.    Feels like a lot of clarity about manager and fringe players is going to need to be provided by the Club in the next few months.   Some players are so far at the outer fringes that its hard to even see them as first team fringe players.

Anyhow, I wish Niko all the best for whatever he does now in football wherever it may  be.     

A lot of it comes down to who the manager is and whether he is willing to give the guys you’ve mentioned a chance. Whoever comes in, the appointment has to be made ASAP. We can’t afford weeks of navel gazing again. Indeed, if we are to approach Killie or St Mirren, I’d do so as soon as the league placings are confirmed and/or our involvement in the cup is over. 

As for Niko, I never for a moment thought that would work out. Gifted in his day but the last place he would shine is up here with Rangers-haters and hammer-throwers everywhere you turn.

I just hope that a good few others have also played their last game 

6 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

A lot of it comes down to who the manager is and whether he is willing to give the guys you’ve mentioned a chance. Whoever comes in, the appointment has to be made ASAP. We can’t afford weeks of navel gazing again. Indeed, if we are to approach Killie or St Mirren, I’d do so as soon as the league placings are confirmed and/or our involvement in the cup is over. 

As for Niko, I never for a moment thought that would work out. Gifted in his day but the last place he would shine is up here with Rangers-haters and hammer-throwers everywhere you turn.

I just hope that a good few others have also played their last game 

I don’t think that actually had any bearing on it. It’s not like he playing great and people kept leathering him.

Everything deserted him with age. Touch, temperament, mobility. Utter failure as a signing. 

Glad he’s had the decency to terminate early. 

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

It's literally the only way to move him on unless we get a bid for him or a reason to sack him.

We'll have paid less money to him to go now than we would have if he stayed and ran down his contract. I don't see the issue.

47 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I don’t think that actually had any bearing on it. It’s not like he playing great and people kept leathering him.

Everything deserted him with age. Touch, temperament, mobility. Utter failure as a signing. 

Glad he’s had the decency to terminate early. 

Even... and it pains me to say his name... McCoist didn't have the decency to do the same after all Rangers had given him in his career

Its all about attitude forget his age. Look at Miller and Clint hill , trained like fuck and gave their all despite being at the end of their careers. Niko just couldn't be arsed ,lazy as fuck and that all stems from what's in his head. You either want something and drive to achieve it or you don't.

11 hours ago, BEE said:

Followfollow is an absolute shitehole but the pair of you would be banned for those posts, and quite rightly.

Calling a current player Dildoo and a former player a parasite for no other reason than not being very good is really poor behaviour for supposed ‘supporters’.

Fair point and I was utterly annihilated when I wrote that, so was being a booze fuelled worst cunt. 

Niko had class, swagger and humility, an all round good guy; geez he got pelters from some on here-way too much!, pity he didnt come here earlier, I really wish it had worked out better for him, he strikes me as an honest guy and a true professional, all the best Niko.

7 hours ago, hugonot said:

Niko had class, swagger and humility, an all round good guy; geez he got pelters from some on here-way too much!, pity he didnt come here earlier, I really wish it had worked out better for him, he strikes me as an honest guy and a true professional, all the best Niko.

Shite now though Aye?

And he left without a video on youtube of his highlights as a Rangers player, an ultimate fail, as it seems that's where potential managers (like Warburton and Pedro) mostly got their transfer target player info from....................

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

And he left without a video on youtube of his highlights as a Rangers player, an ultimate fail, as it seems that's where potential managers (like Warburton and Pedro) mostly got their transfer target player info from....................

Think he arrived without there being any such video too ☹

17 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Haven't read the four pages.......  Niko was a world class player in his day and cool as fuck. Too bad his injuries took its toll but I loved him and coming to a mutual agreement in his contract tells me how class he really is. Some of the comments about him the last few months are awful....

He was not

I was convinced that rigor mortis had set in with him most of the times he was meant to be playing. I was just waiting for the moss to start growing over him. A poor singing all round, the wrong type of player at the wrong part of their career.

West Ham are looking into appointing former Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini as their manager for next season... Albanian defender Elseid Hysaj has told Napoli a club is prepared to meet his 50m euro (£43.7m) release clause. The 24-year-old is a target for both Arsenal and Manchester United... Croatian former QPR and Tottenham midfielder Niko Kranjcar, 33, says he has "options on the table" after leaving Scottish Premiership side Rangers.

I think he'll go back to New York and play for that lower league team again.  His Girlfriend is from New York and it's her Dad that coaches the side is it not?  

1 hour ago, TMB said:

West Ham are looking into appointing former Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini as their manager for next season... Albanian defender Elseid Hysaj has told Napoli a club is prepared to meet his 50m euro (£43.7m) release clause. The 24-year-old is a target for both Arsenal and Manchester United... Croatian former QPR and Tottenham midfielder Niko Kranjcar, 33, says he has "options on the table" after leaving Scottish Premiership side Rangers.

I think he'll go back to New York and play for that lower league team again.  His Girlfriend is from New York and it's her Dad that coaches the side is it not?  

West Ham are really fucked if pellegrini is who they’re after

On 23/03/2018 at 18:11, Inigo said:

Unless there's some underlying issue, a man of that age should never be in the condition he was whilst earning what he was.

Never put the effort in that was required. Wage thief is about right.

To be fair, 33 is absolutely ancient for a Balkan playmaker.