Board On Their Knees Begging Walter To Return

4 minutes ago, scouseblue said:

The OP didn’t put the full article mate , the link provided in the thread does specifically mention Clarke .

This bit:

They could do a lot worse, but Steve would be off his head to take the Gers job.

Clarke’s work at Killie won’t go unrewarded. He’ll be at a bigger club on a better contract before long.

But it’ll be back in England where he made his reputation.

Either way, Rangers are being urged to make an A-List appointment to challenge celtic.

I get that, but in reality they haven’t a chance in hell of getting one.

There's nothing here from Clarke himself stating a dislike for Rangers or unwillingness to take on the job.  The whole article is pure negativity from Davie Provan who makes a mockery of just about everyone at the club.

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

Ex celtic player says we can't attract Clarke and the likes of Murty is our limit? Their seems to be a media campaign against Clarke going to Rangers , Why is this ?   It like they want us to go after a Mickey Mouse manager so their beloved celtic don't have a challenge. 

Davie Provan was a Protestant and was he also not a Rangers fan ?  And it's not that Clarke is laughing at Rangers , Provan says he would be mad to take the job and will get a better offer from down south.

The only way to stop speculation is either go for Clarke or someone else, but don't let it linger on like the McInnes fiasco, and for god sake make the target better than McInnes, as he is not and never has been Rangers class.  

Maybe Davie should keep his pish for sky sports.  

There has been a number of articles now against Clarke becoming Rangers manager. That screams of fear to me. Provan and co don't want him ibrox as they know he'll be able to put foward a realistic challange.

As for the rest of his article a pile of pish. The gap is no where near as big as it was in the 90s. Despite the bravado the tarriors aren't going to spend big money. They'll spend the bare minimum at best. 

We get ourself a quality manager. A Gk, CB and holding midfielder. We will be able to challange. 

11 minutes ago, TMB said:

This bit:

They could do a lot worse, but Steve would be off his head to take the Gers job.

Clarke’s work at Killie won’t go unrewarded. He’ll be at a bigger club on a better contract before long.

But it’ll be back in England where he made his reputation.

Either way, Rangers are being urged to make an A-List appointment to challenge celtic.

I get that, but in reality they haven’t a chance in hell of getting one.

There's nothing here from Clarke himself stating a dislike for Rangers or unwillingness to take on the job.  The whole article is pure negativity from Davie Provan who makes a mockery of just about everyone at the club.

I’m not disagreeing that , the whole thing just  seems to be a cobbled together list of digs from provan against the club , I only replied because you said the article didn’t mention Clarke and I was just pointing out that the full article that wasn’t quoted  did. 

10 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

I'm up for  " The Best Newcomer To Rangers Media 2018 Award "

The big night oot's taking place in the phonebox ootside The Barrachnie.

Most new posters are just old posters with a new name.