Excellent new Banner

It is a banner made for Coventry fans who are named on it unlike this forum which is run and operated by Rangers fans for Rangers fans... or maybe now its Coventry fans that its run for how knows any more

Ah see that's where you wrong. :D

I only complained about the Celtic issue because our fans were penalised while their's were not. I was highlighting the double standards of the police. As I say, generally I feel fans of Rangers should be allowed to fly their flags (without offensive slogans) and the same goes for Celtic. If one has them removed, then so should the other. If you can show me where I've ever suggested otherwise, please do so.

It's actually a banner made by people who obviously support Coventry and Rangers. Why do you have a problem with that?

CR supports Canada and Rangers. As such, the situation is exactly the same given the Canada flag at the top of the forum.

Now, why is the Coventry bears flag inappropriate as, so far, your reasons for that bizarre claim are laughable?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a banner made for Coventry fans who are named on it unlike this forum which is run and operated by Rangers fans for Rangers fans... or maybe now its Coventry fans that its run for how knows any more

I only complained about the Celtic issue because our fans were penalised while their's were not. I was highlighting the double standards of the police. As I say, generally I feel fans of Rangers should be allowed to fly their flags (without offensive slogans) and the same goes for Celtic. If one has them removed, then so should the other. If you can show me where I've ever suggested otherwise, please do so.

It's actually a banner made by people who obviously support Coventry and Rangers. Why do you have a problem with that?

CR supports Canada and Rangers. As such, the situation is exactly the same given the Canada flag at the top of the forum.

Now, why is the Coventry bears flag inappropriate as, so far, your reasons for that bizarre claim are laughable?

Exactly Frankie.

He has assumed things that are not there.

I have never complained about sellick fans and the tricolour, except to show double standards regarding bears.

They are an Irish Club and they fly their national flag, fair enough.

But there seems to be a problem if bears fly the Union Flag (and many, including myself fly The Saltire), English bears fly the X of St George, and Ulster bears fly the RHOU.

We are dealing with reverse bigotry here.

So English Rangers/Coventry fans from Coventry made a banner on the English flag with 'Coventry' written on it and californiadreaming finds it puzzling and offensive? Why?

Why? Good question and one he will not answer.

This not some kind of timmy 'love us, love us' plea, they are just a bunch of footie fans who love Coventry and Rangers.

My mate Kash who is mentioned on it has been to Canada, Bratislava, Molde, Livorno, South Africa and Germany to follow follow in the last couple of years. And Glasgow of course.

How many Rangers fans on RM can claim that?

I don't see what the problem is. They support Rangers, they live Coventry, they are English (at least by current residence). How is this associating Rangers with the flag of St George? Sounds like some bears wanting to associate themselves with Rangers to me.

And they are bears who would be very disappointed to hear some of the sentiments in this thread.

Fortunately their support for Rangers isn't fragile.

And unlike some posting on this thread. I know that they are bears.

Exactly Frankie.

It is a banner made for Coventry fans who are named on it and have also chosen a logo to go with their names, and to express their other allegiances... these are your own words no assumption required

I have never complained about sellick fans and the tricolour, except to show double standards regarding bears.

I was addressing Frankie!

Tims are a Scottish club playing in the SPL and play in the eastend of Glasgow. When they are in the UEFA draw it clearly states Celtic (Scotland) There founder was from Ireland, but that alone does not make them Irish, even some tims make this mistake

But there seems to be a problem if bears fly the Union Flag (and many, including myself fly The Saltire), English bears fly the X of St George, and Ulster bears fly the RHOU.

As long as they are pertinent to Rangers F.C. first and last

Thanks, but I never thought I was a bigot

The point being whilst Frankie maybe happy to allow Rangers to be someones second team I am only interested in bluenoses... regardless of location, and I certainly do not wish to be associated with people who have duel loyalties of football clubs especially where Rangers are only there second team.

Why on earth would anyone complain about a couple of proud English Rangers supporters having a flag with their first club of choice and their country of residence combined with the Rangers badge on it?

What is inappropriate about that?

While I appreciate that not all Rangers Supporters are either born or reside in this great nation of ours Scotland I find it puzzling that we should be associated with two third rate football teams on the flag of St George.

We make up 1/4 of the flag hip hip hurray....Rangers second to none.

(Is this too Nuremberg-like for you) thanks Frankie just reminded my why I have not joined the trust be sure to keep up the PR work :shifty:

Quite simply a pathetic comment....and sadly not your first on this thread.

Exactly Frankie.

It is a banner made for Coventry fans who are named on it and have also chosen a logo to go with their names, and to express their other allegiances... these are your own words no assumption required

I was addressing Frankie!

Tims are a Scottish club playing in the SPL and play in the eastend of Glasgow. When they are in the UEFA draw it clearly states Celtic (Scotland) There founder was from Ireland, but that alone does not make them Irish, even some tims make this mistake

As long as they are pertinent to Rangers F.C. first and last

Thanks, but I never thought I was a bigot

The point being whilst Frankie maybe happy to allow Rangers to be someones second team I am only interested in bluenoses... regardless of location, and I certainly do not wish to be associated with people who have duel loyalties of football clubs especially where Rangers are only there second team.

So, the next step from this is not wanting so sign players that have played for other clubs?

This is a poor show from you CD. If we're someones 2nd team so be it. All publicity is good publicity.

Are you one of the people who feel we should (rightly) exploit the American/Asian market by any chance? I'd hope so, but the point is that we'd be peoples 2nd/3rd team in these 2 continents, but we'd still make a fortune off it. Would that piss you off as well?

It sounds like you're not happy with outsiders coming in and supporting the club...not a useful tactic in modern day football. Look at Man Utd, they must have millions of fair weather fans, but they've only gone and spent nearly £50million this summer.

Point of the post - the more the merrier.

Well puzzle this: What has Coventry City, the English F.A. and the flag of St George to do with Rangers F.C. other than they are appearing on inappropriate flag associated to us. No doubt you would possibly be the first to criticism the tims for there tricolour and rightly so

California dreamin,or just looking for an argument again?do us all a favour and go back to the beach. :ph34r:

thanks Frankie just reminded my why I have not joined the trust be sure to keep up the PR work :shifty:

Ah, you must have added that comment later on.

Good to see you can separate my individual posts on an internet forum from the valuable work done by a whole organisation. How dare I support my fellow fans from Coventry, eh? What a PR disaster right enough! :D

Fortunately, I'm delighted supporters like you who seem to be intolerant of their own fellow fans wouldn't want to join a forward thinking, innovative supporters group who work voluntarily for their membership and support generally.

You wouldn't understand such camaraderie by the looks of your bizarre rants in this thread (and others). As such, it's no surprise that you're not a Trust member.

Not only me but every single person in this thread bar you. Doesn't that tell you something?

Now, how do you explain the Canada flag at the top of this forum? You seem to have conveniently ignored my earlier post to dismiss the valuable support of your fellow Rangers fans no matter how they come by their RFC allegiance.

I'm assuming you will 'no longer wish to be associated' with RM considering the number of people on here who are ex-pats and many of whom will have come by Rangers in a different way from us domestic Scots.

Plenty of Rangers fans have dual loyalities. From the Linfield fans in Ulster who travel hundreds of miles every week; to a good friend of mine from Ipswich who attends as many Rangers games as him home-town team; to the Hamburg fans who started supporting the club because of their links with TBO. Should they stop flying the flags of their home country while at Ibrox because they're somehow less of a fan than you?

I've read some nonsense in my time but this intolerant attitude of one's fellow fans ranks very highly in the crazy charts.

Cant believe someone is criticicising this flag. This is exactly the kind of secondary support that we need and should embrace. There are a lot of English lads who have Rangers as their second love just the same as many Irish have for Celtic. This in no way is demeaning to Rangers and should be welcomed.

Not only me but every single person in this thread bar you. Doesn't that tell you something?

Now, how do you explain the Canada flag at the top of this forum? You seem to have conveniently ignored my earlier post to dismiss the valuable support of your fellow Rangers fans no matter how they come by their RFC allegiance.

It is a banner made for Coventry fans who are named on it unlike this forum which is run and operated by Rangers fans for Rangers fans... or maybe now its Coventry fans that its run for how knows any more… post 51

I'm assuming you will 'no longer wish to be associated' with RM considering the number of people on here who are ex-pats and many of whom will have come by Rangers in a different way from us domestic Scots.

You assume incorrectly The point being whilst Frankie maybe happy to allow Rangers to be someones second team I am only interested in bluenoses... regardless of location, and I certainly do not wish to be associated with people who have duel loyalties of football clubs especially where Rangers are only there second team….post 56

Plenty of Rangers fans have dual loyalities. From the Linfield fans in Ulster who travel hundreds of miles every week; to a good friend of mine from Ipswich who attends as many Rangers games as him home-town team; to the Hamburg fans who started supporting the club because of their links with TBO. Should they stop flying the flags of their home country while at Ibrox because they're somehow less of a fan than you?

I've read some nonsense in my time but this intolerant attitude of one's fellow fans ranks very highly in the crazy charts.

(Is this too Nuremberg-like for you) thanks Frankie just reminded my why I have not joined the trust be sure to keep up the PR work… post 18

Nice piece of editing

and miss representation Frankie no doubt the media whom you are all to ready to criticise would be proud of you.

SDM must be wetting himself when you walk into the room as part of the Trust if this is who you conduct yourself on behalf of the supporters...

What editing and mis-representation...? :D

It couldn't be more clear what you're saying here as well as the double standards you're showing. Everyone so far has seen that. I don't need to edit or misrepresent anything to show that. Or do you have that low opinion of your fellow RM members that you don't think they can come to their own conclusions?

And how am I conducting myself exactly? Supporting my fellow fans who made a banner to show how much they love our club as well as their place of home. How inappropriate of me!

Pray tell me what my Trust work has to do with this debate but I certainly don't get any complaints from our members or club employees both of whom I work with regularly.

Your explantion of why you find the flag inappropriate and are somehow offended by our supporters who not only love Rangers but their local teams (be it Coventry, Ispwich, England, Toronto or Canada) is laughable and your attempts to discredit me to deflect from that simple conclusion is similarly offensive.

(Is this too Nuremberg-like for you) thanks Frankie just reminded my why I have not joined the trust be sure to keep up the PR work… post 18

Nice piece of editing

and miss representation Frankie no doubt the media whom you are all to ready to criticise would be proud of you.

SDM must be wetting himself when you walk into the room as part of the Trust if this is who you conduct yourself on behalf of the supporters...

I find it concerning and alarming that you continue to try to tarnish the both the name and the work carried out by the RST - merely because you have a dispute with an official from the organisation on a messageboard.

Yes Frankie's conduct is really something in this thread - he has had the audacity to ask you to explain comments you have made which are nothing short of offensive.

It speaks volumes about your arrogance that almost every poster in this thread has criticised your comments - yet rather than apologise you attempt to turn the focus by besmirching the name of the RST.

Tell me admin - why are you silent on matters like this ? You are quick to jump in at other times

Great to see our fellow British countrymen (or those of any other nationality !) supporting our team. Whether our Coventry fans or our fans, such as those in Hamburg (for example - who's banner I regularly see professing a love for Rangers and HSV) are Scots, English, Germans, Prussians, or those from Basra, Los Angeles etc; .................you are all welcome. It's the bigoted and questionable attitude of individuals like California Dreaming that make we wonder where one's true loyalties lie.

Well my loyalties are not with the St George, England, Coventry or any other club It`s maybe because I`m an old fart but I GO TO SUPPORT RANGERS not display my support for any other team

This philosophy is a bit like saying that those in California, USA cannot support the same team as those living in California in Fife.

Most of the banners on here now all relate to Rangers simply Rangers no other football club regardless of where my fellow supporters come from God Bless them

All are welcome here CD - even yourself because we are a broad church ! Just ask my Portuguese supporting, Benfica (Catholic) mate who is a Gers supporter...which is acceptable to me and no doubt my fellow brothers and sisters ?

Nice but sad you feel the need to impart the fact you have a few RC friends that must make you feel good, but says more about you than me as I fell a friend is a friend

CD -

I have read all the posts on this forum..... I must submit that you have deeply and irreversible beliefs....your arguments are baseless. I think you should express your bigotry of division elsewhere. Yes, we are a broad church, I earlier gave you the benefit of the doubt, however, there is no place for bigotry in our broad church...and your tenability is in question. Enjoy your hate elsewhere ! As for the secular RST, there efforts are commendable, however, obviously not to your entrenched and warped views.

It is a banner made for Coventry fans who are named on it unlike this forum which is run and operated by Rangers fans for Rangers fans... or maybe now its Coventry fans that its run for how knows any more… post 51

You assume incorrectly The point being whilst Frankie maybe happy to allow Rangers to be someones second team I am only interested in bluenoses... regardless of location, and I certainly do not wish to be associated with people who have duel loyalties of football clubs especially where Rangers are only there second team….post 56

Nice piece of editing

Whoever typed Loyal Bluenose under your avatar has a lot to answer for. :rolleyes:

So initially california dreaming was upset because Rangers were being associated with the flag of St George.

then he was upset that Rangers were only 1/4 of the banner.

Then he was upset that Coventry fans support Rangers as a second team.

Then he was upset about the RST.

Sounds like someone fishing for an argument.

So initially california dreaming was upset because Rangers were being associated with the flag of St George.

Where is he when you need him?

And getting it.

But not dealing with it in any coherent way.