McCoist: Suggests clarity on New Manager may be forthcoming soon

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Any announcement will be made after the semi final I'd imagine if we lose it 

Yeah , possibly I suppose , I just think the board would want to give GM a clear run to achieve as high as he can in the league without any distractions . 

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

Yeah , possibly I suppose , I just think the board would want to give GM a clear run to achieve as high as he can in the league without any distractions . 

Really just hope we win that cup tbh

17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You're absolutely fucking mad if you think Hiddink would ever have managed in the Scottish Championship regardless of whether he was approached or not

I mentioned it on here at the time.

When we failed to get promoted and before Hiddink went back to managing the Dutch team for a season he appeared on a Dutch tv show and was asked if he would reconsider managing at club level again before he retired (he had just jacked some far-eastern European team). His words were he would only go back if there was a challenge or the chance of taking a team to promotion. He wasn't interested in the salary or transfer fees available - he wanted a final challenge.

I sat and watched it thinking where better than us ffs :sarcasm:

I'll see if I can find the documentary, makes for interesting viewing and leaves you wondering what if.....

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

If the next manager is Dutch it will be Martin Jol  :happy:

Koeman would be preferable but he gets more for managing the Dutch national side for doing very little than he would for managing us.

Hiddink should have been McSalaries replacement instead of the subsequent nonentities that have came and went. 

Fuck sake ?

8 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I booked the cup final off work so no doubt we don’t get there now 

I couldn’t get this season’s cup final date off so I just went ahead and booked next seasons champions league final off...can’t wait! 

On 29/03/2018 at 00:00, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

For what club has naming a new manager before the end of the season ever resulted in an upturn in results/performances?

Just using us as the example, our seasons before Advocaat's and Le Guen's arrivals were absolute disasters (albeit in fairness before Le Guen's announcement we were in 3rd already).

Technically the fenians did it on the day of the Scottish Cup Final, to take the attention away from us. I’ll never forget that. Spiteful cunts weren’t happy enough getting us booted down to the bottom tier they had to then take away from us being in the SC final. Albeit if we’d beaten the mini-fenians it wouldn’t have really  mattered, but still.

Spoiler

The latest Managerial rumours as speculation begins to intensify

2 hours ago

Advertisements

It’s fair to say that the manager situation has really come to the fore front this last week or so, notably the rumours have begun to intensify remarkably.

What I intend to do here is look at those rumours but it’s important to clarify exactly that, at this point they are only rumours and this is speculation.

But nevertheless I thought it would be fun to have a look and see what people thought of those latest rumours.

So what is the latest gossip?

The latest gossip is that Graeme Murty has lost any support he still had in the board room and any chance he has of getting the job has now gone. Not only is this the case but the rumours suggest he has been told directly by Dave King, since that Kilmarnock defeat.

Now I’m not sure personally what I think of all that, Murty could of course still finish this season really strongly and we still could have a successful Scottish cup campaign. What if Murty steered us to Cup glory, finished the season really strongly and avoided defeat?

It seems unlikely given our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot, but surely on that basis he still has a shot? Would it really be wise to tell him he was out the running or could it be a masterstroke? Release the pressure and allow him to work with the players only, free of next season distractions?

That rumour has kicked on to other rumours, namely that our board has sanctioned Mark Allen to begin casting his net and find that manager we all crave.

This has led to several names being linked with the job.

Frank de Boer is the early apparent ‘favourite’, with some claiming talks have been held and both sides are working towards reaching an agreement. The suggestion is that both have made their pitch to each other, in that Rangers have said ‘here’s what we can offer’ whilst Frank has responded by saying ‘here’s what I want’.

So whilst that is apparently at early stages it has certainly got people talking. FDB would be that big name Dave King allegedly craves, he would fit into the big plans the club has for this summer but he also comes with huge question marks.

Could Frank de Boer adjust to the Scottish game? Is he so adamant on a style and would he be flexible? What about what happened at Inter Milan & Crystal Palace?

But that’s relevant to everyone who is linked, for example the next manager who has been strongly linked is Kilmarnock’s Steve Clarke. Clarke has propelled Killie from canon fodder to the Leagues form side, indeed Murty has been beaten twice by Clarke.

He also comes with questions though, could he change his style and win games as the team expected to get results? At Kilmarnock he plays one way, on the counter. At Rangers teams sit in, so could he do well with that?

Then there is Alex Neil, heavily linked last time, his name is here once more. Doing fantastically well with Preston, he finds himself just outside the playoffs once more. He has a great record with Hamilton and initially with Norwich, clearly a man who would know all about us and our league.

Is he viable however? His leanings, certainly as a youngster, aren’t towards Rangers in any way. Would we be able to financially afford him and then fund a team? Would he leave England as his reputation is certainly very good?

Another rumoured name is Michel Preud’homme, the Belgian Manager who was also linked last time. With a great CV including success at Club Brugges most recently, he is rumoured to be extremely keen on our job again.

He’s probably least known to us all but when you research and look at him, his record is extremely impressive. But again he isn’t a risk free appointment.

But the point is; nobody is risk free and obvious choice to Rangers at this minute. There is a worry and trepidation to the support, this is after all, potentially the boards 5th appointment and they must get this right.

We have spoken before on here that the rumours have always been for the board to appoint a new manager and that plans are big for the summer. I personally believe that is where we will end up.

So what will happen? Only those that sit in the boardroom will know for sure and we will simply have to wait for that breaking news.

I’m completely torn on who I would like to be our next manager if indeed that’s how it goes, perhaps burned by previous managers this board has appointed, perhaps nervous to who they might choose. I’d love to hear what others thought also

It’s a conundrum the board must get right, do they stick or do they twist? Is there any truth to any of the rumours above? Will it be another completely left field appointment?

Time will tell, but one thing is for sure they can’t keep getting it wrong and we don’t have anymore time to waste or seasons to give away.

Time for the board to make that crucial decision and get it right

?⚪️?

https://fourladshadadream.wordpress.com/2018/03/30/the-latest-managerial-rumours-as-speculation-begins-to-intensify/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

TL;DR, Murty deffo isn’t getting it, King wants a big name, we’ve spoke to FdB, Clarke is an option, Alex Neil less of an option, Michel Preud’homme is probably still very interested.

I would agree that FDB is probably as risky an appointment as we could make. 

You'd think he'd be the name the majority of our players would be most excited about though.

2 or 3 players good enough to go straight into the team and we'd have a group capable of playing FDB's way imo.

I think we'd need to gut the team and sign 6 or 7 to take a physical direct approach.