McCoist: Suggests clarity on New Manager may be forthcoming soon

52 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I would agree that FDB is probably as risky an appointment as we could make. 

You'd think he'd be the name the majority of our players would be most excited about though.

2 or 3 players good enough to go straight into the team and we'd have a group capable of playing FDB's way imo.

I think we'd need to gut the team and sign 6 or 7 to take a physical direct approach.

'Well will be as physical a test as they come, so be interesting in see how we stand up to them.

On the possession game v direct approach, when it comes to European games the vast majority are simply better in possession with players of better technical ability, so a more direct approach for me, but we do need to improve the physicality side, as we are still weak in that department.

21 minutes ago, Siwel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The latest Managerial rumours as speculation begins to intensify

2 hours ago

Advertisements

It’s fair to say that the manager situation has really come to the fore front this last week or so, notably the rumours have begun to intensify remarkably.

What I intend to do here is look at those rumours but it’s important to clarify exactly that, at this point they are only rumours and this is speculation.

But nevertheless I thought it would be fun to have a look and see what people thought of those latest rumours.

So what is the latest gossip?

The latest gossip is that Graeme Murty has lost any support he still had in the board room and any chance he has of getting the job has now gone. Not only is this the case but the rumours suggest he has been told directly by Dave King, since that Kilmarnock defeat.

Now I’m not sure personally what I think of all that, Murty could of course still finish this season really strongly and we still could have a successful Scottish cup campaign. What if Murty steered us to Cup glory, finished the season really strongly and avoided defeat?

It seems unlikely given our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot, but surely on that basis he still has a shot? Would it really be wise to tell him he was out the running or could it be a masterstroke? Release the pressure and allow him to work with the players only, free of next season distractions?

That rumour has kicked on to other rumours, namely that our board has sanctioned Mark Allen to begin casting his net and find that manager we all crave.

This has led to several names being linked with the job.

Frank de Boer is the early apparent ‘favourite’, with some claiming talks have been held and both sides are working towards reaching an agreement. The suggestion is that both have made their pitch to each other, in that Rangers have said ‘here’s what we can offer’ whilst Frank has responded by saying ‘here’s what I want’.

So whilst that is apparently at early stages it has certainly got people talking. FDB would be that big name Dave King allegedly craves, he would fit into the big plans the club has for this summer but he also comes with huge question marks.

Could Frank de Boer adjust to the Scottish game? Is he so adamant on a style and would he be flexible? What about what happened at Inter Milan & Crystal Palace?

But that’s relevant to everyone who is linked, for example the next manager who has been strongly linked is Kilmarnock’s Steve Clarke. Clarke has propelled Killie from canon fodder to the Leagues form side, indeed Murty has been beaten twice by Clarke.

He also comes with questions though, could he change his style and win games as the team expected to get results? At Kilmarnock he plays one way, on the counter. At Rangers teams sit in, so could he do well with that?

Then there is Alex Neil, heavily linked last time, his name is here once more. Doing fantastically well with Preston, he finds himself just outside the playoffs once more. He has a great record with Hamilton and initially with Norwich, clearly a man who would know all about us and our league.

Is he viable however? His leanings, certainly as a youngster, aren’t towards Rangers in any way. Would we be able to financially afford him and then fund a team? Would he leave England as his reputation is certainly very good?

Another rumoured name is Michel Preud’homme, the Belgian Manager who was also linked last time. With a great CV including success at Club Brugges most recently, he is rumoured to be extremely keen on our job again.

He’s probably least known to us all but when you research and look at him, his record is extremely impressive. But again he isn’t a risk free appointment.

But the point is; nobody is risk free and obvious choice to Rangers at this minute. There is a worry and trepidation to the support, this is after all, potentially the boards 5th appointment and they must get this right.

We have spoken before on here that the rumours have always been for the board to appoint a new manager and that plans are big for the summer. I personally believe that is where we will end up.

So what will happen? Only those that sit in the boardroom will know for sure and we will simply have to wait for that breaking news.

I’m completely torn on who I would like to be our next manager if indeed that’s how it goes, perhaps burned by previous managers this board has appointed, perhaps nervous to who they might choose. I’d love to hear what others thought also

It’s a conundrum the board must get right, do they stick or do they twist? Is there any truth to any of the rumours above? Will it be another completely left field appointment?

Time will tell, but one thing is for sure they can’t keep getting it wrong and we don’t have anymore time to waste or seasons to give away.

Time for the board to make that crucial decision and get it right

?⚪️?

https://fourladshadadream.wordpress.com/2018/03/30/the-latest-managerial-rumours-as-speculation-begins-to-intensify/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

TL;DR, Murty deffo isn’t getting it, King wants a big name, we’ve spoke to FdB, Clarke is an option, Alex Neil less of an option, Michel Preud’homme is probably still very interested.

B8B2656E-B265-4853-978F-1DB69C3FF0D5.gif

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

He’s the man for me. 

Sadly though King will more than likely go for FDB as a “fan pleaser” instead of appointing someone with actual proper coaching skills, a solid track record and a vision of how football should be played. 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Sadly though King will more than likely go for FDB as a “fan pleaser” instead of appointing someone with actual proper coaching skills, a solid track record and a vision of how football should be played. 

MPH likes direct, fast football. I honestly think that he would be a succes here! And I agree.. it would more likely be a fan pleaser we get. 

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

MPH likes direct, fast football. I honestly think that he would be a succes here! And I agree.. it would more likely be a fan pleaser we get. 

It's what we done from December through the beginning of March and for the most part worked.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

With the way that some people are talking about FDB you would think he’s a rookie manager who’s never had a job before and is now being appointed here just for his name value. :lol:

Lets be honest though he is getting it mostly for the name value.

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

How the fuck does Frank de Boer not have proper coaching skills or a vision of how football should be played? ? 

19 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It’s Mark Allen picking the manager not King tbf

Preude'Homme's CV speaks for itself but the board didn't seem to want him last time when he was allegedly interested in the job. This makes me think it won't be him this time unfortunately. If we did get him or FDB the board must be confident of having the funds to back them so the rumours of further investment would need to have some truth to them, or maybe we'll end up jogging along with Murty.  Interesting times ahead.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

With the way that some people are talking about FDB you would think he’s a rookie manager who’s never had a job before and is now being appointed here just for his name value. :lol:

Good point.   Whoever is picked is a risk though, but that is nothing new is it.   It's just that the pressure to succeed, to win the title, is intensifying big time so whoever is picked as manager will have to be somebody that not only absorbs that pressure but turns it quickly into the creation of a proper title challenging side.

But.......is it really the case that anyone other than Murty is affordable?    By affordable I don't just mean the salary etc for the manager but the amount of money to be made available for transfer fees.   I don't presently see how it will be affordable or could be made afforded.   So no matter how much of a wish list King and the board may have to appoint a credible manager of substance if they don't have the money to give effect to that then its just wishful thinking.    Does this board have the money or able to raise enough money?    If they have / can then it would be useful to understand how they will make enough money available.   Until that becomes clear I find it hard to see any appointment other than Murty being affordable.    

22 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think it was you that said it if he was appointed by Swansea or Southampton he'd still be a EPL manager. I agree its a gamble but the only reason we are in with a chance of getting him is because of his last few jobs.

20 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Some of the stuff I’ve seen posted about him is mental.

Was brought up in one of the most successful academy systems ever, won it all as a player, was assistant manager to a side who reached the World Cup final and then won four titles in six years at Ajax when he broke out on his own.

Two years ago he was one of the most highly sought after coaches in Europe and because he’s made a couple of bad career moves - to clubs who were never great fits to begin with -everybody is making out like he’s a McCoist-esque appointment :lol:

He’s just about the closest thing we can get to a Rodgers level of appointment and that’s what people have been saying we have needed for almost two years now.

In my opinion it should be either him or MPH, or a similar type of candidate.

Both:

• had successful careers at the very top. 
  • know what it takes to win titles in a league like ours where a couple of teams dominate.
  • will have scouting contacts in places that are traditionally good fits to Scottish football - the low countries and Scandinavia.
  • have a vision and idea about how to play football (albeit different)

I'd also add that I think FDB would build on the work Murty and Mulholland have been doing with the youth and really take it to the next level.

On 29/03/2018 at 12:10, Bronzy said:

He was sacked after four games in the league, so we'll never know how he would have done with a little more time. In any case, just because he wasn't successful at Crystal Palace doesn't mean he won't be successful here, CP aim to survive relegation every year, we aim to (try and) win the league.

:happy:

4 games? Somehow I thought it was a good deal longer. Maybe I'm being a bit too harsh on him. Might be worth a shot in that case. Better than some names I've seen on here