McCoist: Suggests clarity on New Manager may be forthcoming soon

18 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

So what about Inter and Crystal Palace? He was a complete failure at both those clubs or do we just ignore that and hope for the best?

See if he was a success at every club he was at, he’d be taking Zidanes job no Murtys.

Give me the name of a manager who can turn a team like Palace with the players and previous manager they had into an attacking free flowing team in the space of one month?

39 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

That’s the thing the previous two managers were absolute imposters so attacking football wouldn’t work under them even if we had Messi and Neymar playing for us. But with De Boer he has proven it works with Ajax, he won more at that club than our previous two managers ever will put together. And for all yous are saying he’s too attack minded, his defensive record at Ajax was actually far better than I expected.

We're not going to have the same standard of players he had at Ajax though and the Eredivisie is a lot more technical than Scottish football so not sure how that's relevant.

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

See if he was a success at every club he was at, he’d be taking Zidanes job no Murtys.

Give me the name of a manager who can turn a team like Palace with the players and previous manager they had into an attacking free flowing team in the space of one month?

Exactly, the big clubs won't touch de Boer with a barge pole because they saw what he did at Inter/Palace, so why should we? 

As for Palace, I couldn't give a fuck, all I know is FdB has been an utter failure at every job outside his Ajax comfort zone, it baffles me why people then think he'd come to Rangers and do a job.

3 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

We're not going to have the same standard of players he had at Ajax though and the Eredivisie is a lot more technical than Scottish football so not sure how that's relevant.

If we stick with people that have worked with our level of player then we are in the realms of McInnes and McCoist fs. 

Pretty sure the Tranny shagger went from working with Suarez and Gerrard to Griffiths and Armstrong completely fine.

Technical football can work in any country if you do it properly. While I would prefer we went with Warnock and made our team a bunch of fucking animals, I’m not going to completely rubbish the idea that De Boer would do shite based on what Warburton and Pedro achieved (or lack of).

If we stick with people that have worked with our level of player then we are in the realms of McInnes and McCoist fs. 

Pretty sure the Tranny shagger went from working with Suarez and Gerrard to Griffiths and Armstrong completely fine.

Technical football can work in any country if you do it properly. While I would prefer we went with Warnock and made our team a bunch of fucking animals, I’m not going to completely rubbish the idea that De Boer would do shite based on what Warburton and Pedro achieved (or lack of).

Didn't say anything close to your first sentence so not sure why you'd say that?

Aye for ÂŁ50k a week, we aren't offering any manager anything close to that.

1 minute ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Exactly, the big clubs won't touch de Boer with a barge pole because they saw what he did at Inter/Palace, so why should we? 

As for Palace, I couldn't give a fuck, all I know is FdB has been an utter failure at every job outside his Ajax comfort zone, it baffles me why people then think he'd come to Rangers and do a job.

Because we are not competing at premier league level, our leagues nowhere near the Dutch league never mind the prem or calcio. It’s nowhere near as risky for us. 

Just now, Goosetav said:

Didn't say anything close to your first sentence so not sure why you'd say that?

Aye for ÂŁ50k a week, we aren't offering any manager anything close to that.

You said he had far better players at Ajax. So you want us to aim for managers who have worked with our level of player then yes?

You said he had far better players at Ajax. So you want us to aim for managers who have worked with our level of player then yes?

No

You saying his style of play worked at Ajax is irrelevant because he won't be working with that standard of player here. I want someone with the total opposite style.

We’re probably more suited to FdB’s style than Palace squad is but I’m still not too keen on him.

He’d need time & patience to implement his style, we dont have that. 

No idea who we could go for.

9 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I don't buy into this idea that FdB would need time to "instil his ideology", within six months of getting the Ajax job he took them from fourth place to league winners.

At Palace he showed how stubborn he was by continuing with his 'total football philosophy' even when his team couldn't buy a win. We can't risk someone who wont win at all costs. We need a winning mentality. Silky soccer can come afterwards. Hes not our answer just now.

Just now, To Be A Ranger said:

At Palace he showed how stubborn he was by continuing with his 'total football philosophy' even when his team couldn't buy a win. We can't risk someone who wont win at all costs. We need a winning mentality. Silky soccer can come afterwards. Hes not our answer just now.

He was sacked after four games in the league, so we'll never know how he would have done with a little more time. In any case, just because he wasn't successful at Crystal Palace doesn't mean he won't be successful here, CP aim to survive relegation every year, we aim to (try and) win the league.

7 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

He was sacked after four games in the league, so we'll never know how he would have done with a little more time. In any case, just because he wasn't successful at Crystal Palace doesn't mean he won't be successful here, CP aim to survive relegation every year, we aim to (try and) win the league.

But it's not just palace he failed at. He did the same at inter. 2 jobs and FDB lasted a combined 3 months. At Rangers he would be under more scrutiny and pressure than ever before. 

For me we don't need another manager with a football philosophy We need someone pragmatic with a win at all costs attitude. 

Brought into Crystal Palace, a club known for being full of limited, grafter type footballers, with a remit to change the entire ethos of the club. Was only given the resources to sign two players on permanent deals and was then sacked when the aforementioned limited grafter type footballers took the huff and mutinied because they couldn’t play the style that he was brought in to implement.

As for Inter Milan, they’ve had eight managers in five years. Whatever problems there were there were a lot bigger than him.

I’m not sure about FDB but anybody who has any sense wouldn’t hold what happened in those jobs as some sort of a negative against him IMO.

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

But it's not just palace he failed at. He did the same at inter. 2 jobs and FDB lasted a combined 3 months. At Rangers he would be under more scrutiny and pressure than ever before. 

For me we don't need another manager with a football philosophy We need someone pragmatic with a win at all costs attitude. 

The board at Inter signed players without telling him, then sacked him after saying they were "100% behind him" a few days earlier. The next manager after him was sacked in May with his record not being much better than De Boer's.

I think a lot of what went wrong at Inter wasn't to do with him, to be honest.

I'd certainly take him over Alex Neil, doubt Clarke would come to us.