McCoist: Suggests clarity on New Manager may be forthcoming soon

40 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Also FdB's preferred formation is a 4-2-3-1, something that probably wouldn't work for Crystal Palace but works for celtic and would almost certainly work for us.

Part of the reason he was sacked from Palace is because he refused to change from 3-4-3 even though the players hated it.

16 minutes ago, tm91 said:

The thing with Frank de Boer is that he chose poor clubs to manage, rather than just doing poorly at his clubs. Inter was a basket-case and Crystal Palace are one of those English clubs that literally cannot afford the time or patience to change their philosophy - they're a Pulis club, full of limited players and satisfied just with staying in the league every year getting that sweet TV money.

He did very well at Ajax and has the pedigree to do well here, presuming he has the money to do so. Unlike his last two clubs, he will also be dealing with a calibre of player that is better than most of the league he's managing in. He also knows Rangers and will presumably bring in Ronald as well. I'm struggling to think of how we could do better, to be honest, but maybe that's more an indictment of where we are.

We're a basket case of a club as well though

Just now, Bad Robot said:

They won’t make a decision on Murty until the STs are in.

If it was Murty and I had the choice to renew or not, I would be edging towards paying game by game.

Well that would set us back years and years and years so thankfully you're in the minority.

8 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

A manager who takes no shit from prima donnas and who is not afraid to 'kick arses' when needed, two of the character traits we desperately need.  

Cos that’s worked so well. Pedro was a nutter and obviously took no shit and dropped players. He lost the dressing room

players have too much power now for that to work. You need someone who commands respect but is excelllent at man management. 

Murty I believe has the man management skills but doesn’t command respect because he’s achieved nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Well that would set us back years and years and years so thankfully you're in the minority.

I’ve never boycotted or renewed over these banter years but if the board don’t match my expectations then I’ll pay at the gate.

appointing Murty will set us back years as have every managerial appointment this board has made. 

1 minute ago, AlCapone said:

Season tickets due soon?

Not really no

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

I’ve never boycotted or renewed over these banter years but if the board don’t match my expectations then I’ll pay at the gate.

appointing Murty will set us back years as have every managerial appointment this board has made. 

Well that's only going to harm us

5 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Cos that’s worked so well. Pedro was a nutter and obviously took no shit and dropped players. He lost the dressing room

players have too much power now for that to work. You need someone who commands respect but is excelllent at man management. 

Murty I believe has the man management skills but doesn’t command respect because he’s achieved nothing. 

I agree but I believe also he doesn’t have the tactical nous and is still learning his trade so I’m done with experiments 

8 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

He was just a shite manager that had no clue. Stopped Miller and Wallace from attending a match, should have been chased for that alone

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

How much harm will be done if this time next year the scum are going for three trebles in a row under the reign of Murty?

as much as i don't have much faith in this board i really don't think murty will be in charge after the end of the season, that's not to say he will be replaced by somebody better, i don't think we are capable of attracting someone worth their salt at the moment.