McCoist: Suggests clarity on New Manager may be forthcoming soon

Its all hypothetical because I cant see a manager announcement being anywhere near imminent, but for what its worth the type of manager we need is Clarke not FDB. Hes a man that's proved he can get the very best out of whatever hes given to work with. And lets face it, what he would be working with aint likely to be a lot. Really don't see where this idea comes from that he would knock us back. He would be increasing his wage by Christ knows how much and that's the bottom line usually, forget what Mcinnes did, I don't think Clarke would bottle it like he did.

2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Also FdB's preferred formation is a 4-2-3-1, something that probably wouldn't work for Crystal Palace but works for celtic and would almost certainly work for us.

We need someone to play to a formation that suits the players at our disposal, not someone who'd rather be sacked after 4 games than change their formation cause it didnt sit right with their philosophy of the game.

Hats off to him hope he's successful, but not what we need atm.

2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

The board at Inter signed players without telling him, then sacked him after saying they were "100% behind him" a few days earlier. The next manager after him was sacked in May with his record not being much better than De Boer's.

I think a lot of what went wrong at Inter wasn't to do with him, to be honest.

I'd certainly take him over Alex Neil, doubt Clarke would come to us.

There's a few I'd take over Neil ?.

The worry with FDB is he's going to be another manager with a rigid structure and no room for adjustments.

Clarke is a hard one to call. I still feel he is ideal for us having done a cracking job in our league with a weaker team. It's all well and good the press saying he isn't interested. But you wonder if it's a different story if an official approach is made. 

6 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

We need someone to play to a formation that suits the players at our disposal, not someone who'd rather be sacked after 4 games than change their formation cause it didnt sit right with their philosophy of the game.

Hats off to him hope he's successful, but not what we need atm.

He changed his formation at Crystal Palace by playing 5 at the back for the first time in his managerial career...

Just now, Goosetav said:

Not moving away from that was a big reason he got sacked though(apparently)

Tbf, it was only 4 games though. He could have changed it if he was given time - the fact he switched from his preferred formation to 5 at the back in the first place would support the notion that he wasn't so strict in his philosophies that he wouldn't adjust to suit the team IMO. 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Tbf, it was only 4 games though. He could have changed it if he was given time - the fact he switched from his preferred formation to 5 at the back in the first place would support the notion that he wasn't so strict in his philosophies that he wouldn't adjust to suit the team IMO. 

Not justifying the sacking at all it was mental but rightly or wrongly a big reason they got rid of him was what they perceived him to be unwilling ti change.

Tbh it's more his way of playing opposed to his choice of formation I don't want him.

2 hours ago, tm91 said:

The thing with Frank de Boer is that he chose poor clubs to manage, rather than just doing poorly at his clubs. Inter was a basket-case and Crystal Palace are one of those English clubs that literally cannot afford the time or patience to change their philosophy - they're a Pulis club, full of limited players and satisfied just with staying in the league every year getting that sweet TV money.

He did very well at Ajax and has the pedigree to do well here, presuming he has the money to do so. Unlike his last two clubs, he will also be dealing with a calibre of player that is better than most of the league he's managing in. He also knows Rangers and will presumably bring in Ronald as well. I'm struggling to think of how we could do better, to be honest, but maybe that's more an indictment of where we are.

We don't really have the time for him to get us playing his way either, and our fanbase definitely haven't got the patience

5 minutes ago, JograBear said:

McCoist talking pish....no surprise there.

No way to talk about a legend and charity worker !?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/16123173.Ally_McCoist_backs_Jason_Cummings_to_adapt_to_lone_striker_role_for_Rangers/