McCoist: Suggests clarity on New Manager may be forthcoming soon

28 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Unbelievable player. I think we came close to signing him before he joined Arsenal from Inter.

The Dutch/Ajax philosophy on football is how the game should be played in my opinion. Hence why I lean against us choosing a pragmatic direct football type, albeit I understand why people want that.

As a support we won't have the patience, especially with the prospect of them doing 10 IAR. 

13 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Unbelievable player. I think we came close to signing him before he joined Arsenal from Inter.

The Dutch/Ajax philosophy on football is how the game should be played in my opinion. Hence why I lean against us choosing a pragmatic direct football type, albeit I understand why people want that.

The paper headline was Denis Gergkamp  I remember that one well.

In fairness I was against him a few months ago, but the more I think about it the more I like the idea.

People championing MPH would surely recognise that FDB has won titles in a tougher league, and has played for us even if it was brief. He’d be under no illusions of the style of play up here, and I think we could get him

6 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

In fairness I was against him a few months ago, but the more I think about it the more I like the idea.

People championing MPH would surely recognise that FDB has won titles in a tougher league, and has played for us even if it was brief. He’d be under no illusions of the style of play up here, and I think we could get him

MPH has shown he has the ability to adapt to different situations/countries, FDB hasn't

Whether he's been given an opportunity to is another debate

Really surprised by all the negativity towards Frank De Boer, he won 3 titles in 3 seasons with Ajax, who spent less on transfer fees than we did in the summer, it’s a similar type of job and I think he genuinely has the caliber to win the league.

The Palace thing was a nonsense and in no way resembles the job at Rangers, Guardiola would have been sacked there too if they only gave him 4 games.

It would be the first post admin manager we’ve appointed with a track record of winning leagues in Europe and competing in the Champions League.

Id be really excited by him if he was appointed.

Suspect GMs already been told he's not getting it the job. McCoist is quite specific in saying this week so could have legs.

FDR would be a massive gamble we cant afford, we were rooting in the trash looking at cunts like mccinnes how the fuck can we be affording FDR, who would never be given the time or resources to achieve his potential, imo were he to be given time and budget I think he could build something special at Rangers. But we cant have another rigid, vision manager who views us as a a project. we need pragmatism and instant success.

Cannot see whats in in it for a guy whose stock has already collapsed after success at Ajax and being able to knock back spurs and Liverpool, why would he want a another flop at Rangers on his CV?

6 hours ago, theiconicman said:

Cos that’s worked so well. Pedro was a nutter and obviously took no shit and dropped players. He lost the dressing room

players have too much power now for that to work. You need someone who commands respect but is excelllent at man management. 

Murty I believe has the man management skills but doesn’t command respect because he’s achieved nothing. 

So in your opinion, Jock Wallace would not work in today's environment if I am reading you correctly.  Pedro was a poor manager and he lost the dressing room for the same reason PLG did.  

From what I've seen heard from Murty he is too soft on the players and a wee bit like McCoist, wants to be 'best pals'. 

9 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

Really surprised by all the negativity towards Frank De Boer, he won 3 titles in 3 seasons with Ajax, who spent less on transfer fees than we did in the summer, it’s a similar type of job and I think he genuinely has the caliber to win the league.

The Palace thing was a nonsense and in no way resembles the job at Rangers, Guardiola would have been sacked there too if they only gave him 4 games.

It would be the first post admin manager we’ve appointed with a track record of winning leagues in Europe and competing in the Champions League.

Id be really excited by him if he was appointed.

FDB was practically raised by Ajax they operate like very few clubs, they dont aspire to developing their own players they are masters of it, I remember my first trip to Amsterdam years ago and going to their ground on a Saturday in august, it was 30 degrees of wall to wall sunshine and the many football pitches around their stadium were all crammed with kids playing football.

i'd suggest his success at Ajax was more than a little down to his familiarity with the club and the group of -players who happened to be coming through and pretty hard to replicate at another club unless given time and resources neither of which will he get at Rangers

29 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

MPH has shown he has the ability to adapt to different situations/countries, FDB hasn't

Whether he's been given an opportunity to is another debate

Everyone should be a back up choice to MPH in my opinion he knows how to win games/championships he has a winning mentality, speaks good English and isn’t afraid of the media. 

I would put good money on saying we haven’t even spoke about him. 

1 minute ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

FDB was practically raised by Ajax they operate like very few clubs, they dont aspire to developing their own players they are masters of it, I remember my first trip to Amsterdam years ago and going to their ground on a Saturday in august, it was 30 degrees of wall to wall sunshine and the many football pitches around their stadium were all crammed with kids playing football.

i'd suggest his success at Ajax was more than a little down to his familiarity with the club and the group of -players who happened to be coming through and pretty hard to replicate at another club unless given time and resources neither of which will he get at Rangers

I take your point on board.

But he certainly didn’t need much time at Ajax, took over in December a number of points off the pace and won the league the same season...

3 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Everyone should be a back up choice to MPH in my opinion he knows how to win games/championships he has a winning mentality, speaks good English and isn’t afraid of the media. 

I would put good money on saying we haven’t even spoke about him. 

Yeah I'm coming round to the idea of him more and more. 

5 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

I take your point on board.

But he certainly didn’t need much time at Ajax, took over in December a number of points off the pace and won the league the same season...

I do think that given the time and resources FDR could do wonders at Rangers, the idea of a guy of his stature and talent who would command the respect of the players and bring a whole world of experience is attractive, but we're not a patient support and wont wait for sucess

If the next manager is Dutch it will be Martin Jol  :happy:

Koeman would be preferable but he gets more for managing the Dutch national side for doing very little than he would for managing us.

Hiddink should have been McSalaries replacement instead of the subsequent nonentities that have came and went.