Murty

WGOH

Have to say Ive changed my mind about GM . . . . again .

i stuck up for him after the tarrier game , simply because I wasn't going to let one game ruin what had been a good couple of months beforehand , but the aftermath of that , with Kilmarnock and now Motherwell , leads me to think he's not mentally strong enough when the chips are down . 

Unless he , himself , stands down I don't see any change till the end of season . 

12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He's just about to become our majority shareholder and untouchable, not that he wasn't before, so I doubt he is going anywhere. All a bit too late I'm afraid.

One can only but hope he steps up a gathers the investment needed for us to take the title.

When murty eventually leaves someone high up in the board must be giving his p45, if not King then someone else. This season was here for the taking and only shite governance has prevented the normal order of things from being reinstated.

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Really like the guy but he’s got to go

i wont be the guy who says "and who will we bring in?" cause i dont know who applied or who is available, thats not my job or yours its the boards job

But he shouldnt be sacked out of anger. And he shouldnt be sacked until there is someone in place to replace him who is proven to be capable to manage us.

18 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Quick question for everyone....

Why do you rate him as a u20s manager? What has he done in that position to warrant him getting that job back?

He didn't improve the youth team, Mulholland did.

Would rather see a Thomson-esk coach in that role now.

He seems a nice guy and should never have been put in the position he is in, but I am also wondering if he will ever be a good manager at the any level. :unsure:

26 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Why do you rate him as a u20s manager? What has he done in that position to warrant him getting that job back?

Mulholland seems to rate him in his coaching team. I'd assume he's the best judge of character and ability for that role.

I also think he's tried his best and find it harsh to make a guy unemployed for trying to do us a turn albeit unsuccessfully.

I do really rate KT though ?

8 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

He seems a nice guy and should never have been put in the position he is in, but I am also wondering if he will ever be a good manager at the any level. :unsure:

He has some.good traits mate but he seems to miss glaring substitutions and opportunities to make them.

Today for example. If windass doesn't get injured is he even changing it? I don't think he was going to 

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Mulholland seems to rate him in his coaching team. I'd assume he's the best judge of character and ability for that role.

I also think he's tried his best and find it harsh to make a guy unemployed for trying to do us a turn albeit unsuccessfully.

I do really rate KT though ?

What has Kevin Thomson done as a coach or manager? NOTHING so how can you rate him?

15 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He has some.good traits mate but he seems to miss glaring substitutions and opportunities to make them.

Today for example. If windass doesn't get injured is he even changing it? I don't think he was going to 

Yes he is nice guy, but as you say some really annoying traits and I am sure you are right about the sub today. Annoying as fuck. 

55 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Agree!! An spl winner with us European finalist and set up his own academy which by all accounts is booming and Rangers offer Kevin Thomson the under 13s post , get him into a post at the business end of the academy , making the best under 20s first team players 

An extract from Murty's quotes after the game ".....GRAEME Murty said he was confused by which emotion to feel after his Rangers side drew 2-2 with Motherwell after being two goals down......................but every time they put the ball forward I was fearful that we were going to lose a goal and that can’t be right.  That can’t be structurally right, that can’t be physically right or mentally right and I said that wasn’t acceptable.............Having said that we can’t be coming to places and starting at 2-0 because it is going to make it really difficult for us, we have to be better than that from the get go........go out and actually take some accountability. I said to go and stand up and I think we did in the second-half..........”

If the DOF or any director of Rangers thinks when they read Murty's comments and assessment after the game that what we are seeing under Murty is anywhere near good enouh then they should be telling us why they think that.   Because any Rangers manager who finds himself so confused as Murty was, so unable or unwilling to tell players which way is up and can only resort to asking them to stand up and be accountable should, imo, not be managing Rangers.  It makes him look like he has lost the plot, or more to the point was never able to set his team up and motivate it with whatever the plot was supposed to be right from the start of the game.  And its not an isolated happening.  

Any Rangers manager who is admitting to his team not being structurally right, not being physically right and not being mentally right needs, imo, to be questioning whether the manager himself has done anywhere near enough to prevent these appalling failings from happening.  These failures are a damning indictment on the team but an even more damning indictment on the manager who has had time to prepare the team and who claimed only yesterday that the squad was (echoes of Warburton) 'in a good place.'   Good place my ass.

Is the way Murty is managing the team and setting it up for games indicative that he will be producing a proper title challenging side next season or is capable of finishing in the top 3 this season?   A very big resounding 'No' from me.    But it's what King and the board think that really matters though.  These guys are his masters at Ibrox.  Its their assessment that is vital now for next season.      

Unless he walks himself I don't think Murty will go this season.    I think he'll see it out.   But........he'll still be here next season delivering more of the same because finding someone far better proved impossible only very recently and unless there is a very big improvement in financial investment nothing will have changed come the end of the season.  The board can't afford anyone better.  They simply can't afford it.  By 'afford' its not just the salary for a far better manager but the transfer budget he'd be wanting to deliver a title.  

So we could be heading for situation where many are convinced Murty is not the man to lead us to a title anytime soon but there isn't enough money to do anything different.   Is that where we are headed I wonder.   If it is then Murty is unsackable other than if an utterly catastrophic series of results happens or unless he himself decides to walk.    

Some of you younger Bears won't get this but Murty is doing a "Lee Majors" as was predicted when he was appointed and guess who takes minimal flak as he has had to be forced to make an offer for shares he can't afford?

Leadership starts at the top and works it's way down, when you are run by a clown then all you're going to see is clowns.

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Fuck up.

This mindset is the reason MW, Pedro and Murty were appointed and will be the same reason the next diddy gets appointed and will be the same reason we'll be sitting here in a years time saying the same thing

we dont need a new manager. we need a better manager. And until a much much better manager is available then stick with Murty 

So what your saying is we need a new manager? 

Jesus fuck hahahahaha, surely a better manager/ a different manger is a new manager 

Murty is not the man but a knee jerk decision at present time is not going to help matters.  Unless we can spring a surprise in the SC (probably unlikely), the season is a right off.  Mght as well give Murty to end of season and concentrate in getting the right man in.

1 minute ago, Ibroxholm said:

Murty is not the man but a knee jerk decision at present time is not going to help matters.  Unless we can spring a surprise in the SC (probably unlikely), the season is a right off.  Mght as well give Murty to end of season and concentrate in getting the right man in.

Not knee jerk at all, he had a chance, bottled it now doesn’t have a clue how to turn it around.