Murty

WGOH

Nice guy, got the best interests of the Club at heart. Not tough enough though. Naive with formations and tactics and subs. Can't see that Alves is shite but goes on his experience and picks him. 

I do believe there is a basis of a good team there. They just need set up right. 

Alves, Dorrans, tav, windass, foderingham, morelos should be punted asap 

5 hours ago, Ibroxholm said:

I’m not arguing Murty should stay on as manager next season, however unless we have a long term replacement ready to step in immediately there is no point taking an immediate decision.  We don’t need another caretaker manager, we need the correct permanent appointment to be made be it now or in the summer.

Tbh mate if we got rid tonight it wouldn’t be knee jerk as it’s been needing to happen for 3/4 weeks I would say the decision has actually been delayed somewhat. I agree with WGOH 100% get someone experienced in for mon/tue let them assess the squad and take it from there. We can still finish second and win the cup but unfortunately I don’t think that’s the case under Murty the guy is really struggling and way out his depth. There’s not 1 person who at the start didn’t want him to do well but the guy is starting to seriously piss folk off. His best isn’t good enough for a club like ours. 

I still think the players are playing for him, the second half showed that today, they were never playing for Caixinha.

Ovbiously the general feeling just now is gut wrenching disappointment but there’s no real alternative to him seeing out the season.

I think it would be shite to sack Murty from the club completely. It's not his fault that he's been sold a job he can't do,  he simply doesn't have the experience or the knowledge. 

People talk about development levels of people in jobs, I reckon GM is at the first stage. Unconsciously unaware, doesn't know what it is he doesn't know because he's that wet behind the ears. 

I'd like to see a strong experienced appointment for manager, a decent assistant and GM as a first team coach. The guy has something and I think he deserves the chance to be coached and educated properly.

As one bear said earlier today, the man is a a turtle a zip sucker, he is out of his depth, plus the board fucked it up yet again with Jimmy Nichol no2,

He has to go ... and soon, myself Id take Bllic and lets have a Gers coach no2, dare I say Kenny.or anyone

It requires fixing pronto.

27 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

I think it would be shite to sack Murty from the club completely. It's not his fault that he's been sold a job he can't do,  he simply doesn't have the experience or the knowledge. 

People talk about development levels of people in jobs, I reckon GM is at the first stage. Unconsciously unaware, doesn't know what it is he doesn't know because he's that wet behind the ears. 

I'd like to see a strong experienced appointment for manager, a decent assistant and GM as a first team coach. The guy has something and I think he deserves the chance to be coached and educated properly.

I agree, I would like Murty to stay at Rangers in a coaching capacity. He must have thought he was up to the challenge of managing Rangers but he must now know he is not. The board have left him out to dry but they should do the right thing after the seasons ended; have a chat with him, make him an assistant/coach  and bring in someone who is a proven winner. I reckon Murty will be left in charge until the season is over as it is simpler for the board.

8 minutes ago, ZZed said:

I agree, I would like Murty to stay at Rangers in a coaching capacity. He must have thought he was up to the challenge of managing Rangers but he must now know he is not. The board have left him out to dry but they should do the right thing after the seasons ended; have a chat with him, make him an assistant/coach  and bring in someone who is a proven winner. I reckon Murty will be left in charge until the season is over as it is simpler for the board.

Nah a nice guy, speaks really great with the press, but after the old firm game and seeing his tactical awareness, in other games.

He has to go and soon.

2 minutes ago, Rupret said:

Nah a nice guy, speaks really great with the press, but after the old firm game and seeing his tactical awareness, in other games.

He has to go and soon.

I know what you mean but I think the board will do what suits them the best and I think that means leaving Murty in charge. They can then make a big song and dance about getting someone else in during the summer to help with the season ticket sales.

1 minute ago, Rupret said:

He has to go and soon.

Do you not think the club owes him a bit of loyalty for what he's done?  You can say, "Aye he fucked this up and fucks that up all the time."

It's not his fault, it's the board's fault. Murty was stuck into a job he can't do by a board that refuses to open its wallet. For a guy of his experience he has at times shown a bit of dig and character. I'll say it again, I think he deserves a junior position in coaching the first team and some coaching and education himself from an experienced manager. And Mark Allen too.

Just now, Rupret said:

In just sad mate.,was really full of optimism last month, three results in, and sigh, back to square one.

Maybe  overacting, but i want a proper manager.

Feel your pain mate, who doesn't.

Was thinking, on balance we probably have a better squad than we've had for a good while... hoping that there will be a bit of a budget from the ST money for a decent manager.

But then you realise we're limited again because any decent manager would want the money to bring in his own players. It's shite this.

18 hours ago, WGOH said:

Sack him as manager tonight, would like to see him stay in some capacity, but he is not a manager, never mind a Rangers manager. 

Dont care who we bring in, just do something. Also please don’t reply if you disagree x

Don’t reply if you disagree :lol: 

its my way or the highway :rofl:

On A forum!!! :duh:

Murty must stay! :Scotland:

Never been a fan, has cost us too many points with his inability to make effective changes in a game.

Not saying the players escape the criticism, not by a long shot, but he's the one keeping players who are having no impact on the pitch for 90 minutes.

Have absolutely no idea who the next manager is going to be, would be very underwhelmed if we stayed with Murty.

9 hours ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Tbh mate if we got rid tonight it wouldn’t be knee jerk as it’s been needing to happen for 3/4 weeks I would say the decision has actually been delayed somewhat. I agree with WGOH 100% get someone experienced in for mon/tue let them assess the squad and take it from there. We can still finish second and win the cup but unfortunately I don’t think that’s the case under Murty the guy is really struggling and way out his depth. There’s not 1 person who at the start didn’t want him to do well but the guy is starting to seriously piss folk off. His best isn’t good enough for a club like ours. 

Bring in Stuart McCall then?  

As I said in my earlier posts, it is knee jerk if we demote Murty without the right candidate being available and ready to immediately step in.  For all Murty’s shortcomings, I’d rather we just went with him the end of season rather than flap about with another caretaker while we try the find a decent manager.

1 minute ago, Ibroxholm said:

Bring in Stuart McCall then?  

As I said in my earlier posts, it is knee jerk if we demote Murty without the right candidate being available and ready to immediately step in.  For all Murty’s shortcomings, I’d rather we just went with him the end of season rather than flap about with another caretaker while we try the find a decent manager.

That's how we ended up with Murty in the first place, despite everyone knowing Pedro was on his way out. Still can't believe they didn't have someone ready to go.

9 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What Rangers background does he have that makes him staunch? How long has he been a Rangers man?

How have you measured staunchness?

You seriously doubt that guy loves this club? Shite manager but his commitment to us is not in doubt. 

6 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

You seriously doubt that guy loves this club? Shite manager but his commitment to us is not in doubt. 

I don't think his commitment is in doubt, think he loves us now. Don't think we've always been in his blood, don't think he grew up wearing our jersey or coming to games, don't think it's anything more than professionalism and him being overwhelmed by the size and scale of the club.

Ask me to name staunch Rangers men and Murty doesn't spring to mind.