Murty

WGOH

20 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Sorry not buying that.

Look at Clarke at Kilmarnock. They're players are not good but he's got them playing as an organised unit. A manager can inspire and motivate or confuse and demotivate.

Murty talks a good game (just like Warburton did) but he's not backing it up with his own actions.

This

It just shows you how this board thinks they are utter cunts for throwing a decent guy like murty under the bus just because they don't know how to appoint a real manager or they are not willing to spend the money required to secure a top manager to challenge the scum. When it was first announced by that cunt Robertson that murty would be taking over as first caretaker then manager until the end of the season a blind man could see it was the wrong decision but this board don't give a fuck about our feelings and our embarrassment all they want is our hard earned cash. If they and I mean all of them were real Rangers men and were hurting like we all are they would do something about it. What is the director of football doing day to day can he not source a manager that can actually manage a football team there must be better candidates than a fucking under 20s coach surely that will be more suited to managing a club the size of Rangers but of course it comes down to finances and that is the main stumbling block for this board. I wish they would back up all the bullshit they keep spouting about investment and releasing funds to push the club forward or just fuck off each and everyone of them.

On 31/03/2018 at 23:08, the old guard said:

Presumably his good work with the under 20s got him the gig all be it temporarily, get him back to it before he thinks he's outgrown his original post, would be a shame if he left because he didn't get the job on a long term contract, he's just not got the attributes to manage a club like ours. 

Hmm, the U20s didn't exactly set the world alight under Mr Murty. Were there many that made the first team whilst he was in charge of them? he seems like a nice guy, but I've said it before: football management is no place for a nice guy...

Times I feel sorry for murty. The guy is clearly in a role he's not ready for due to our boards complete incompetence. 1st in hiring Pedro and 2nd in failing to get a decent replacement. 

He will be thrown under the bus in the summer by the board to deflect attention away from there failings.

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Times I feel sorry for murty. The guy is clearly in a role he's not ready for due to our boards complete incompetence. 1st in hiring Pedro and 2nd in failing to get a decent replacement. 

He will be thrown under the bus in the summer by the board to deflect attention away from there failings.

I can't see him being our gaffer next season. its no even so much to do with getting beat off the wean touchers, but the reaction after getting beat off them. Shocking against Killie and lucky to avoid defeat against Motherwell. Now I don't even really believe we'll even finish 2nd, never mind stopping their double treble. 

35 minutes ago, Mesmer said:

Hmm, the U20s didn't exactly set the world alight under Mr Murty. Were there many that made the first team whilst he was in charge of them? he seems like a nice guy, but I've said it before: football management is no place for a nice guy...

They will learn from it.

28 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I can't see him being our gaffer next season. its no even so much to do with getting beat off the wean touchers, but the reaction after getting beat off them. Shocking against Killie and lucky to avoid defeat against Motherwell. Now I don't even really believe we'll even finish 2nd, never mind stopping their double treble. 

Since that demebele goal at ibrox. This sqaud has checked out. The lack of desire and passion is shocking. We could slip to 4th if we don't turn it round. Both the sheep and hibs aren't far off. 

Murty won't be hear next season any chance he did have has been blown. 

7 hours ago, Mesmer said:

Ross mccrorie, who I believe will be a major player in the first team, murty must have been impressing to get the shout in the first place. 

7 hours ago, Mesmer said:

Six by my count.

7 hours ago, OhW said:

I just meant you should space out your paragraphs a bit if you want people to read your post. It's just a big wall of text.

Oh right I'm not that savvy when it comes to phones and computers ect so wasn't sure what you meant Thanks for your advice.

17 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Thanks for the effort Graeme, but an record breaking inability to break teams down at Ibrox is not good enough.

Completely out his depth from start to finish... just like Pedro... just like warburton... just like Stuart McCall... just like kenny mcdowall... just like mccoist

its a fucking embarrassment and it angers me that we have been compensated for all the money put in and loyalty shown by the above world class managerial appointments

dont fucking forget, king etc are taking the complete piss out of us every second we have no real manager in charge

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Completely out his depth from start to finish... just like Pedro... just like warburton... just like Stuart McCall... just like kenny mcdowall... just like mccoist

its a fucking embarrassment and it angers me that we have been compensated for all the money put in and loyalty shown by the above world class managerial appointments

dont fucking forget, king etc are taking the complete piss out of us every second we have no real manager in charge

The next managerial appointment will make or break the Board .. or rather it should.

16 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

The next managerial appointment will make or break the Board .. or rather it should.

No they should be gone now

not a proper manager from 2011 on

its disgusting 

mike Ashley would have been out on his arse in half that time by doing the same crap as King has

11 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

No they should be gone now

not a proper manager from 2011 on

its disgusting 

mike Ashley would have been out on his arse in half that time by doing the same crap as King has

I wouldn't argue too much with that. McCall, Warburton and Pedro were failures. But this time they get to hide behind Mark Allen.

I see from an interview with Murty today published on the Club website that...."GRAEME Murty admits his team must start hitting their top level again if they are to stop questions being asked about their performances. The Rangers boss says he understands why fans are worried after the Light Blues recent dip in form and insists they must recapture their early 2018 spirit to turn things around this weekend..................."

He's right of course to say the team must start hitting top form again of they are to stop the questions.   The problem for him is he is the one who sets the team up, who motivates, whose job it is to inspire and to get the right tactics for each game.  The questions are as much about his ability and sheer managerial nous, or lack of it as a learner manager, as they are about the players he picks.  The questioning is as much aimed at the manager as at the players.

He is not getting the best out of them.  He says he knows "...how good these guys can be, I see them train every day and I see their top level and what they are capable of."   The trouble for him is this is Warburton-speak and Warburton-analysis.   What he sees in training is nowhere near translated into acceptable consistently good form and results on the real pitch where it matters.  And like Warburton he can analyse and point out the obvious but as a learner manager he has proved he is not capable of translating that knowledge into corrective action on the pitch against opposition who are not there for a training stint.    At present he doesn't have it in him, as performances are proving.  So the questions will most likely continue.    

The real questions he and the team should be thinking about and be aware of are the questions that must presumably  be coming from his bosses in the Boardroom and from the DOF.    They are the folks who will be deciding very soon whether Murty is capable of providing the right answers or whether next seasons is going to be another one where the level of questioning intensifies big time as there is only so much the Support can realistically take of being fed mediocre performances with no effective answers being provided to the questions that are asked.  

His interview today has a feeling about it of a manager edging towards desperation where his main hope is that somehow, magically even, the team can somehow recover some top form and which recovers from the 'dip' (his word) in form.  Dips can quite easily become slumps.    Hard to reverse.  Harder still when you are a learner manager.   Tough times for Murty but he signed up for the challenge so its for him to deal with.  And for the DOF and Board to decide if they can afford to find someone a whole lot better to manage the team next season..